Christmas to myself....club fitting and new irons

Oldercoach

Had been playing with Mizuno MT 23s since 2003. These had been personally fitted to my game at that time by a club pro without the aid of all the new technology. I am now 71 with a 7 handicap from most club's regular tees; but, that handicap comes via a still strong short game. As I have aged, distance is becoming more of a challenge and I miss many more greens. Knew something needed addressing.

Went to Golf Exchange in Florence for a fitting. What an enlightening and encouraging experience. The technology amazed this old duffer as my shots were measured in multiple ways (launch angle, speed of swing, exit velocity, angle of swing before..during..and after impact, distance variance from target line, ball carry and rollout, to name a few). We worked with multiple brand cast and forged heads (Callaway, Titliest and Taylormade) and both steel and Graphite shafts. After a most enjoyable hour of testing, experimenting and evaluating club performance with/to my swing I have purchased 6 thru GW Callaway Apex CF16 irons, 2 degrees flat with Recoil 60g shafts. Looking forward to breaking them in this winter in Fl. Merry Christmas to myself. Wife needs a new vacuum sweeper, I think?

Had been playing with Mizuno MT 23s since 2003. These had been personally fitted to my game at that time by a club pro without the aid of all the new technology. I am now 71 with a 7 handicap from most club's regular tees; but, that handicap comes via a still strong short game. As I have aged, distance is becoming more of a challenge and I miss many more greens. Knew something needed addressing.

Went to Golf Exchange in Florence for a fitting. What an enlightening and encouraging experience. The technology amazed this old duffer as my shots were measured in multiple ways (launch angle, speed of swing, exit velocity, angle of swing before..during..and after impact, distance variance from target line, ball carry and rollout, to name a few). We worked with multiple brand cast and forged heads (Callaway, Titliest and Taylormade) and both steel and Graphite shafts. After a most enjoyable hour of testing, experimenting and evaluating club performance with/to my swing I have purchased 6 thru GW Callaway Apex CF16 irons, 2 degrees flat with Recoil 60g shafts. Looking forward to breaking them in this winter in Fl. Merry Christmas to myself. Wife needs a new vacuum sweeper, I think?

LB3-Web.jpg