Interesting Answer by Hue When Asked if Browns Can Win Now

A sports reporter asked Hue Jackson if he thought the Browns could win now (meaning that they could win several games (5?) this season and not have to wait until 2018 or 2019. The context was that the reporter pointed out the emphasis of building through the draft, releasing veterans, and the youth of the team. Given the direction of the team, did Hue think the Browns could win with such a young team or are the Browns just looking to the future.

Hue said, "Yes, they could win now. They need to do some things differently, better, [etc. blah blah blah]." Then Hue said,

"That question that you just asked, that's something that you've got to talk to (Browns Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown) about, and the executive team.''

That answer, to me, adds credence to the earlier report that Hue Jackson was furious when Joe Haden was released. I doubted the report then but that response seems to throw shade on the personnel side who have made decisions to get younger even when it meant getting rid of some quality players. Joe Haden may not be as good as he once was and his salary may have been more than he was worth, but Haden is still a very good DB and he would have made the Browns better THIS year. I just thought that answer by Hue was revealing.

This draft they will have a boat load of picks again so I would say that if things aren't turned around and demonstrably headed in the right direction by 2019, Hue will be in trouble.

Here's the link to the article and the video of the interview:

Hue Jackson says Browns winning now is 'something you've got to talk to the executive team about' | cleveland.com