Russell 15 Raceland 5 (5 innings)

Big win for the Devils. They're 3-0 vs the Rams this year. They'll be riding some momentum into the regional tournament. This team has a lot of belief in itself and it starts with a strong nucleus of seniors.

With Greenup out, the Region is there for the taking. Russell's got as good a shot as anyone.

Congrats to Russell on the win and the district title. Russell has an excellent hitting team and you can't give them extra outs in an inning and expect to win.. Raceland got a 3-2 lead early (3rd inning I believe) and then in Russell's half of the inning ....a walk, errors followed by RHS base hits and the lead was gone. Things collapsed after that.

....I am way late posting in these baseball threads. I am not on bgp alot after the h.s. football season and the U.K. basketball. Randy Vanderhoof is a good friend and his KY. HOF coaching stint at Raceland speaks for itself. I used to work with and consider Rams coach M. Mills a good friend as well, the man knows baseball and how to teach it.

Raceland baseball imo is in for some very good seasons in the future. This 2017 team was extremely young and with some excellent players. I don't think that this one will be their last in a district championship in years coming up.

Congrats again to the Red Devils and hopefully the Rams can get another win or two next week in the 16th region tourney. Raceland's young team has shown that they are capable of beating the better teams in the region with wins over Greenup Co. and Ashland this season.

Good luck to both Raceland and Russell next Monday.

Edited by oldrambler