BGP Girls Christmas Wrap Up

The Christmas break is upon us and we have seen a lot of good basketball so far in the 2016-17 season. This will be different than my last articles as we just kinda recap some of the highlights and some shout outs to different teams.

This past week saw a Traditional Bank Holiday Classic tourney at Lexington Catholic. Tony and the guys at Catholic always run a first class event. This year the match ups were great and featured some of the best teams in Kentucky. Butler came out on top with a well deserved victory over a really good Manual team. Jaelynn Penn was name MVP.

Some standouts from the tourney was : Jaelynn Penn(Butler) Ally Niece (Simon Kenton) Jaela Johnson (Manual) Grace Berger( Sacred Heart) Macey Turley( Murray) Tashia Jefferies (Butler) Lauren Schwartz (Ryle) Jada Stinson (Elizabethtown) Anna Clephane (Scott) Maddie Scherr (Ryle) Madison Darnell (Russell) Emmy Harris (Boyle County). This in no wise was all the players who shined but a few that stood out. This tourney was loaded with D1 talent.

Mercer County after a delayed flight arrived at the Nike TOC in Phoenix and performed great on a national stage. Winning two of three and losing on a last second shot to the #10 team in America and winning the next two including a drubbing of the #18 team and a win over St. Anthony, CA. Earned alot of respect on a national level for sure.

Shout out to Ryle Lady Raiders for a eye opening performance at the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic with wins over Eastern, Murray and Sacred Heart. A young team with much upside.

Shout out to 2018 Alexis Burpo of Murray for getting her 1000th point during this tourney. She was also a standout there!

Shout out to the Male Lady Bulldogs for winning the Queen of the Commonwealth tourney at Bulllit East.

There are many more great tourneys after Christmas. Looking forward to watching some more great games!

Henderson County won the OIT beating 3 nice teams all with 8 wins and will have a chance for a region title. Apollo, John Hardin, Owensboro Cathlioc of course none of these three are top 20 teams just good teams.

Yes Sir it was some playing in Lexington this past week.Makayla Wilson ( Somerset), Erin Toller (Sacred Heart), Lex Mays (Murray), Mashayla Cecil(Dunbar),....Penn and Niece are really an enjoy to watch!! Can't wait to see how all this plays out down the stretch!! It's a bunch of talent in that 2018 class...

Yes Sir it was some playing in Lexington this past week.Makayla Wilson ( Somerset), Erin Toller (Sacred Heart), Lex Mays (Murray), Mashayla Cecil(Dunbar),....Penn and Niece are really an enjoy to watch!! Can't wait to see how all this plays out down the stretch!! It's a bunch of talent in that 2018 class...

All those were great too! Plus Carleigh Wilson(Spelling?) Wilsons little 2022 sister was killing it too!

Yeah I think the younger Wilson girls is on n the 7th or 8th grade.. Ryle has a nice 8th grader too n Brie Crittendon!! She played well also!! I watched the last 3 quarters of the Murray vs Simeon Kenton game. Mays and Turley about brought the Tigers back in that game..I seen the player stats after the game an Mays had 29pts,8steals,5 assist!! I feel not having Waldrop last week kinda hurt them... Can't wait to see the polls!!! Ryle was impressive!!

Yeah I think the younger Wilson girls is on n the 7th or 8th grade.. Ryle has a nice 8th grader too n Brie Crittendon!! She played well also!! I watched the last 3 quarters of the Murray vs Simeon Kenton game. Mays and Turley about brought the Tigers back in that game..I seen the player stats after the game an Mays had 29pts,8steals,5 assist!! I feel not having Waldrop last week kinda hurt them... Can't wait to see the polls!!! Ryle was impressive!!

Alot of quality players in the state right now. Tons of D1 kids.