54th District Draw

So silly they dont seed. When Hazard and Perry went to not playing one another in the regular season due to hostilities the blind draw came about. Now it takes 3/4 vote to get it changed and Leslie and Buckhorn are likely to never vote it back.

The other teams in the 14th most likely love this draw as it means they will only have to beat one in the region.

Perry Central became a school in 1997 i believe, perhaps 1996. Are you saying it was a blind draw before consolidation as well? Just curious as I do remember when Hazard and PCC stopped playing each other in the regular season due to hostile environments and lots of tension between the two schools. I was under the impression (and I could be wrong) that it was at that time the blind draw came about since the schools didnt play in the regular season therefore couldnt seed. Seems like I remember Dilce Combs and M.C. Napier, etc. seeding but again its been a long time.

Still I think it would be better for the regional tournament if they did seeding.

I remember back a long way and I can't ever recall it being anything but a blind draw in the 54th. That district was Hazard, MC Napier, Dilce Combs, Leslie County, and Buckhorn before consolidation. My school is in the 56th and I'm more familiar with our district. We've seeded since around 1980. But seeding has always been a big debate in the 54th.