Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

54th District Draw

Featured Replies

So silly they dont seed. When Hazard and Perry went to not playing one another in the regular season due to hostilities the blind draw came about. Now it takes 3/4 vote to get it changed and Leslie and Buckhorn are likely to never vote it back.

 

The other teams in the 14th most likely love this draw as it means they will only have to beat one in the region.

It has been blind draw for at least the last 25 years.

Perry Central became a school in 1997 i believe, perhaps 1996. Are you saying it was a blind draw before consolidation as well? Just curious as I do remember when Hazard and PCC stopped playing each other in the regular season due to hostile environments and lots of tension between the two schools. I was under the impression (and I could be wrong) that it was at that time the blind draw came about since the schools didnt play in the regular season therefore couldnt seed. Seems like I remember Dilce Combs and M.C. Napier, etc. seeding but again its been a long time.

 

Still I think it would be better for the regional tournament if they did seeding.

It has been blind draw since consolidation for sure and I think well before that as well.

I remember back a long way and I can't ever recall it being anything but a blind draw in the 54th. That district was Hazard, MC Napier, Dilce Combs, Leslie County, and Buckhorn before consolidation. My school is in the 56th and I'm more familiar with our district. We've seeded since around 1980. But seeding has always been a big debate in the 54th.

The 54th has never been seeded. It has always been a blind draw. I sat in on many draws during the 80's.

  • Author

It takes 3/4 vote to turn it into a seeding district, Leslie and Buckhorn aren't about to vote in seeding, so it will continue to be a blind draw...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.