Why we do it

nWo

Funny thing that hits right up this alley. After our ball game last night I actually had the NEED to go to Kroger to pick up a few items...bread and milk just happened to be two items that we actually NEEDED at the house. I dreaded the fact that I had to go cause I just knew it was going to be packed with all the "panickers" who were buying bread and milk out of weather driven "fear". I kind of shook my head and laughed at the thought of standing in line with them all...and having some of the exact same items they did.

Anyway, when I got there about 8:00 it wasn't very busy, the rush had happened earlier...and as expected the bread and milk aisles were all picked over, not a whole lot of stuff left. Can't remember the last time I saw those shelves so empty. I again just shook my head and laughed as I went about my other shopping. I then got a text from my girlfriend...toilet paper...as I was already in the checkout line. So instead of going back I just stopped at the Dollar store by the house and picked up a big pack. A friend was in line at the counter and we started talking about the "snow buying" and she comments on the big pack of tp that I had...and I said almost exactly what the article said...I'd rather be without food for a couple of days if stranded in the house than without toilet paper.