32nd District Tournament Preview

At the beginning of the season, folks thought that this would be Simon Kenton's district walking away. Not necessarily the case. The Grant County Braves (23-4) have had something to say about that with a 2 game sweep of the Pioneers in their seed games this year. The tournament will be @ Williamstown this year starting tonight with Grant County taking on the #4 seed Williamstown (3-22) @ 7. The #2 seed Simon Kenton (16-10) will have the #3 seed Walton-Verona (9-20) tomorrow night at 7.

Thoughts: Williamstown is still a young team and although David Jump is the spark on that squad, they need to gel over the summer. They lose two seniors to graduation. Walton-Verona lost Zach McNeil to Cooper in the off season and has put the team on the back of Grant and Tanner Moeves. Walton also loses just 2 seniors to graduation, they'll be fine next year. Simon Kenton is senior laden. 8 in total. This is their year to push forward in the region. Grant County has been the surprise this year, but schedule strength is a small question. They did not play any of the region big guys (Collins, Oldhams, etc). Not 1 senior on the squad so all return next year.

District games

Grant County 6-0

Simon Kenton 4-2

Walton-Verona 2-4

Williamstown 0-6

LIT Rankings:

1 Simon Kenton 80.8.

2 Grant County 75.7.

3 Walton-Verona 60.0.

4 Williamstown 35.8.

Predictions:

Monday: Grant County over Williamstown

Tuesday: Simon Kenton over Walton-Verona

Friday: Simon Kenton over Grant County

It's hard to beat a team three times in a season. The Braves defeated SK by an average of 4.5 points in the previous two meetings. Both teams definately want to be in the upper part of the bracket in New Castle, but I think Simon takes the win.

Keys: Braves have to isolate Barnes and Sampson, SK needs to contain Cummins and Carr.

Should be a great final game.

Hope not for both player and coach. It's a long season (too long if you consider basketball never stops). Players and coaches can easily find themselves at odds toward the end of a season. Hope they can manage to put aside their differences for one last game.

The projected SK-GC final would be a good one. SK missing two starters the first game and GC got a lead, played stall ball and made FT's down the stretch to eek out the 2nd game. Can't wait to see this one on a neutral floor with a better officiating crew (yup, I said it- officiating crew).

Heard a rumor that the Jump and Taylor will not play for Williamstown tonight. Any of the Demons followers know whether that's accurate or not?

The story I heard was that Taylor had gotten into it with the coach over the weekend, and when Jump sided with Taylor they were both gone.

Not a Demon follower but, this is confirmed!!!!!

Certain things qualify, in my opinion, that disqualify a player from competing. A disagreement with a coach is a gray area. Anyone ever see a HS coach be wrong? not saying this is the case here (as I don't know the situation) but we do have a frustrated first year guy at the helm. Maybe coach is sending a message at the expense of his best player.

Certain things qualify, in my opinion, that disqualify a player from competing. A disagreement with a coach is a gray area. Anyone ever see a HS coach be wrong? not saying this is the case here (as I don't know the situation) but we do have a frustrated first year guy at the helm. Maybe coach is sending a message at the expense of his best player.

I'm not going to get into the "who's right and who's wrong" debate...since I don't have any clue as to what the issue itself was. However, you bring up a valid point in the punishment department. In this particular instance, there's no "tomorrow" for any senior players. And by sitting out your best player, are you punishing the team moreso than the individual?

I'm not going to get into the "who's right and who's wrong" debate...since I don't have any clue as to what the issue itself was. However, you bring up a valid point in the punishment department. In this particular instance, there's no "tomorrow" for any senior players. And by sitting out your best player, are you punishing the team moreso than the individual?

I believe that WTown is a long shot to beat GC. A very long shot. Maybe coach Harden understands that he's taking a seniors last game away and making it even harder for WT to win in the hopes of getting the rest of the team 'on board'- if that's the real issue. Unless we know more facts, hard to say. IMO, nobody wins in this situation tonight.

Tonight on Letterman..his top 10 tonight is: "Top 10 excuses why SK can't / hasn't won the 8th region."

I haven't seen anyone making excuses for SK not winning the region.

Nice of you to join us though, RU could use the $. Maybe you can tell us why SK hasn't won the region, sure you have an opinion. Just be sure to let us know how many state basketball trophies you have in your case first.