Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Family 4 Ever

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Family 4 Ever

  1. Who will lead their off season workouts? I imagine they will be starting those as soon as they come back to school.
  2. What does Boyle have coming back? Will they be better suited for a running attack, passing attack, or a balance attack?
  3. I agree that Highlands had a team that someone could easily have been added to that list. But I recall a Birds poster in another thread saying something to the effect that this team was a bunch of no names. I agree totally! I had a chance to see them play 4 times this year and not 1 player stood out as the " go to guy", they were truly a TEAM. Now with that said, they should still have someone on that list but congrats to them and to all that made the list.
  4. There are 4 in Lexington, plus a 5A that isn't too far behind the others.
  5. jimmyref thanks for your input, that is exactly the info I was wanting to know.
  6. Just trying to see if ST X and Trinity play anymore players then Highlands/LC/BG thats all.
  7. So they played 40/108, that is what I was trying to find out, thanks you CC1. Just trying to see if large rosters means more actual players or just more uniforms.
  8. thanks Jimmyref, that is the closest thing to what i was looking for.
  9. No, I want to know how many of each teams roster actualy played valuable minutes in the championship games. Special teams, O, and D.
  10. I couldn't agree more, however I am curious to see the number of kids that actualy played meaningful minutes in these games. I would say that 1A schools played a high percentage of their rosters, but is that the same for 6A schools? Did freshmen get action in LC's romp over LO? Just trying to see how many kids actualy played in relation to the number on a roster.
  11. Of your total roster, how many of those kids were contributors in the state championship game. For example if you have 70 kids dressed but only 29 played meaningful minutes. Would love to know.
  12. I am so glad to hear someone say this. The late 90's is where all the change occurred and it was a direct result of KERA. And like anything else, when something is hot, go with it, and that is what has been happening. Parents have seen good things in private schools and have taken their kids out of public and into private. Regardless of their reasons, a parents job is to do whats best for their kid and it should also be their right.
  13. I believe you should give credit to LO for being where you wanted to be. Had you played them, we would have known but give them credit and let them enjoy their runner up status!!! Bell was a good team, and will be next year. But they got beat, convincingly by LC and that is that. Next year may be different, but for now LC number 1 LO runner up, number 2 great job
  14. [LC may have 3 sub 4.5 forties on thier coaching staff, but not in thier Linebacking corps. They tried out Sunday morning, we could ask them! I agree with CoverCorner, their speed is way over blown. They had one that was sub 4.4 but the rest were just as fast as any other highschool kid, just looked fast cause of the Chaos they create with their blitz scheme. Bet their players are benefited by practicing against their coaches!
  15. Don't take anything away from LO, they were and still are worthy of being where they were.. 14-1 great job. As for everyone doubting them, give it up. LC did the same thing to Bowling Green in 05(49-21) with 2 scores coming against reserves. The west may not be as strong as the east, but LC was just better then both. LO is very good and had a great year, they just faced a better team.
  16. No other team that LO played put pressure on them like LC. They would zone blitz or blitz LB's but would not cover the back on the release or the screen game. LC blitz from every place possible but still covered every possible receiver. The screen game went no where. the only plays that worked were the slants and hitches and LC seemed to be willing to give them up. LC's defense was physical, fast, and intelligent! They knew which receivers could hurt them and those that couldn't and covered accordingly. LO is a great team, with great talent. #8 and #5 would start on almost every team in the state, if not all! They just faced a much better team both athletically and in preperation. Congrats to both teams, both teams coaches, and both teams communities!
  17. Going for it is not a bad call. You have 4 minutes left, go and if you don't get it then you have them pinned deep and you can stop and get good field position. Just run it, not throw it. They have a big, strong back. Either way, they had a chance and that is what matters. Be aggressive and you get rewarded!! Great game and great job to Both teams!
  18. can you give us some names. I know that staff is all local, but which ones have had success besides, Harmon?
  19. Harmon is busy with the Horsemen starting this Sunday, do you think he is thinking about the TC job? I don't see him leaving one city school for another, could be wrong though.
  20. Is it leagal to get out of school to practice this time of year?
  21. The 2005 team had Revere as a coverage guy, but outside of that, this years Defense seems to be a better D. That kid was a true lock down DB!! Great high school football player. This years D is a better unit. The flash will give them a great test though. This should be a great game, with the winner being the team that is focused early and often and can overcome adversity. Good luck to both!!
  22. That unranked team is perfect, a perfect 14-0! Great job by the BGPers
  23. Only 1 I'm hoping is correct!!!!
  24. Trust me, I would trade the memories, relationships, and all of the experiences for nothing!! My point was simply that the KHSAA seems to put a lot more into the sweet 16 then they do the Gridiron, Prep, 6 headed dragon football championships. I remember being swept off of the field after winning so the "next" game could get on, as opposed to the confeti and the hoopla that comes with the sweet 16. I just feel that the KHSAA could do more in terms of equality. I am all about the journey and memories and not about the trophy. Just used the those things as evidence to what my opinion on the issue is.
  25. Thanks for clearing things up westsider! I did however see that you failed to comment on the trophy issue. I am not at all jealous of this, I just think that all sports should get the monster trophy. I have been around to see many state trophies past out, and only 1, basketball, is that nice. I just think it is a crime to award one beauty of a trophy in one sport and then award a larger version of the district trophy in ALL of the other sports. Get a starving artist somewhere and have them design a gem of a trophy for all sports and then the KHSAA can truly say that they are in it for "ALL KIDS"!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.