Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 49 Lone Oak 7

Featured Replies

Knights win the 4A title in convincing fashion!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey Robinson:

21/37, 241 Yards, 1 TD

 

Stats are a bit misleading, a large chunk of yards and his only TD came at the very end. LC pressured the Flash to death.

  • Author

They said Robinson came up one TD short of matching one of Tim Couch's records. Lone Oak did their best to give him that last TD, but there just wasn't enough time.

Robinsons and Lone Oaks play today has even shed more light on their schedule this year.Mike Fields live blog with Lexington Herald reports that their was a running clock for the last 11 minutes of the game and the LONE score from Lone Oak was against Lexington Catholics reserves.

All Lex Cath in this one. Just too much speed and size in the lines. Robinson was running for his life for the biggest part of the game. Congrats LC on another state title and to Lone Oak for accomplishing something you'll remember the rest of your lives. Super year and the WKy folks are very proud of you...

Congrats on the State title.

 

L-Oak,yall had a fine season build on it.

This one will sting but in time you will all remember just how special this season was and how good you guys were as a team.

Its great that Lex Cath won the state 4A championship and all but I really hope they make the jump to 5A sometime. If they were never to win another state championship again, it would still be better as long as they were consistently competing with Highlands and Cov Cath.

Its great that Lex Cath won the state 4A championship and all but I really hope they make the jump to 5A sometime. If they were never to win another state championship again, it would still be better as long as they were consistently competing with Highlands and Cov Cath.

 

HAHA, maybe for a fan of Highlands and CovCath.. but I am pretty sure the LexCath fans would prefer the state titles in blowout fashion, over no titles in close games. :lol:

Its great that Lex Cath won the state 4A championship and all but I really hope they make the jump to 5A sometime. If they were never to win another state championship again, it would still be better as long as they were consistently competing with Highlands and Cov Cath.

 

I agree. I think they're the dominant 4a team, bar none, and would be a better fit for the 5a class. Nothing against Bell Co, Lone Oak, Bullitt East, etc., but, Lex Catholic, on numbers alone, are on a different level right now.

I agree. I think they're the dominant 4a team, bar none, and would be a better fit for the 5a class. Nothing against Bell Co, Lone Oak, Bullitt East, etc., but, Lex Catholic, on numbers alone, are on a different level right now.

 

Lone Oak isn't even in the same class as Lexington Catholic, and Bell County too for that matter. Wonder how many college coaches were watching Corey Robinson in this game?

HAHA, maybe for a fan of Highlands and CovCath.. but I am pretty sure the LexCath fans would prefer the state titles in blowout fashion, over no titles in close games. :lol:

 

I think Lex Catholic is to the point in there program that they would rather play up. When you can dress 85-90 kids, you should play the bigger schools. They may not have beaten a great Highlands team this year or a great CC team last year, but, they would have there years they were the better team, like in 05...Just my opinion..

  • Author
I think Lex Catholic is to the point in there program that they would rather play up. When you can dress 85-90 kids, you should play the bigger schools.
Maybe you've got something there. Maybe classification should be based on the number of actual players that you have access to.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

*I'm only sort of kidding.

HAHA, maybe for a fan of Highlands and CovCath.. but I am pretty sure the LexCath fans would prefer the state titles in blowout fashion, over no titles in close games. :lol:

 

Well I am a Lex Cath alum and I'd consider myself somewhat a fan and trust me. We'd take our lumps from Cov Cath and Highlands, but we'd also deliver some occassionally also and the state championships would be much sweeter. Besides a tough Bell Co. team this playoff was a cake walk.

 

Point being, what really did the six classes prove? That the good teams are still going to be there at the top? Besides Lone Oak what team is a surprise this year? I just don't like it and probably never will.

I was talking to a head coach on friday at the finals and he belives that when they reclassify in 09 that you will be only allowed to play up if you want to play in 6A. Don't know how true that is but it would make some schools have some tough choices to make.

  • Author
I was talking to a head coach on friday at the finals and he belives that when they reclassify in 09 that you will be only allowed to play up if you want to play in 6A. Don't know how true that is but it would make some schools have some tough choices to make.
That's okay. Make a special division for all the teams who choose to play the toughest competition.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.