Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 49 Lone Oak 7

Featured Replies

Well I am a Lex Cath alum and I'd consider myself somewhat a fan and trust me. We'd take our lumps from Cov Cath and Highlands, but we'd also deliver some occassionally also and the state championships would be much sweeter. Besides a tough Bell Co. team this playoff was a cake walk.

 

Point being, what really did the six classes prove? That the good teams are still going to be there at the top? Besides Lone Oak what team is a surprise this year? I just don't like it and probably never will.

 

I totally agree with you, it's better for LexCath to play up.. I was just making my comment in response to "if they were never to win a State Title again"... Bell was the only team remotely good enough to compete with LC this year, and that game proved to be one-sided .

 

If LexCath did play up, I have a feeling there would be an influx of team wishing to play up in the 4A class afterwards....:sssh:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like some other teams in other classes had "cakewalks" in the playoffs as well! I agree that the 6 class approach did little (if anything) to make the playoffs and championships any more challenging (or opportunistic) for some.

I don't really like the 6 class system either. I could live with 5. Look at 1a for example. If they added 6-8 schools, some of the next smallest 2a schools are Somerset, Metcalfe Co, Green Co, Murray, NCC, Bardstown and Middlesboro. How much tougher would that make 1a? That would also add Breathitt Co, Russell and some other good programs to 2a, so it wouldn't be hurt that bad. I wish they would give 5 classes some serious thought. It would, if nothing else, eliminate 4 team districts and possible 0 win teams making the playoffs..

Lex Cath controlled this one from the opening kick. Robinson was under pressure all game and really never settled down.

Its great that Lex Cath won the state 4A championship and all but I really hope they make the jump to 5A sometime. If they were never to win another state championship again, it would still be better as long as they were consistently competing with Highlands and Cov Cath.

 

CovCath and Highlands aren't really 5A schools. They are playing up. Pretty soon no one will be playing in their true class.

CovCath and Highlands aren't really 5A schools. They are playing up. Pretty soon no one will be playing in their true class.

 

Yeah, I know, but still, what ever class Lex Cath has to be in to be paired with those two would okay with me. I may have never won a state title while playing at Lex Cath but it was still enjoyable as heck going up against Boyle Co., Cov Cath, and Highlands to try and win a region title each year.

I though under the new system, there was no "playing up".

 

Wasn't Lone Oak the "smallest" 4A team in the state?

You've exceeded our wildest dreams and expectations this year. We're still proud of you Purple Flash. Nothing to hang your heads about being 2nd place in Class 4A!!!! Thanks for the ride and great memories this season.

Lone Oak was out of there league tonight, I do think LC should be playing in 5 or 6a though, over 100 kids dressing? Thats insane!

Lone Oak isn't even in the same class as Lexington Catholic, and Bell County too for that matter. Wonder how many college coaches were watching Corey Robinson in this game?

 

 

I'm not even going to get sucked into the private/public debate but it is what it is. Lexington Catholic had twice the numbers and Lone Oak is a county school that hasn't, nor will they, consolidate with the other area county schools. Lone Oak would have fared just fine against Bell County. Might not have beaten them but they are still a solid third in Class 4A.

I'm not even going to get sucked into the private/public debate but it is what it is. Lexington Catholic had twice the numbers and Lone Oak is a county school that hasn't, nor will they, consolidate with the other area county schools. Lone Oak would have fared just fine against Bell County. Might not have beaten them but they are still a solid third in Class 4A.

 

Have you watched Bell County this year? I sure disagree with you on this. Bell would have easily handled Lone Oak and I've seen both teams play. I don't think Lone Oak could have even played with Bell, like they couldn't play with Lexington Catholic.

Have you watched Bell County this year? I sure disagree with you on this. Bell would have easily handled Lone Oak and I've seen both teams play. I don't think Lone Oak could have even played with Bell, like they couldn't play with Lexington Catholic.

 

 

Does Bell have 100+ on their roster? Do they have the athletes to cover Lone Oak's receivers like Catholic did? It really doesn't matter at this point but the Purple Flash is no lower than the third best team in Class 4A, no matter how bad they looked today. Today's game was simply won at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Knights go two or three deep at all of those positions and Lone Oak's boys were going both ways and may have two reserves that gave the starters brief breathers.

Both of you should just stop now. This guessing who could win against who is just wrong in this thread.

 

Congrats to both teams on a great year!

Was that hit Winston Guy laid on #24 of LO not brutal, they showed the replay on the jumbo tron like 3 times!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.