Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 49 Lone Oak 7

Featured Replies

LC did not manhandle Bell. Again did you watch the game? It was a 5 point game until late in the third after a Bell fumble. The final TD did not come until the final 4 minutes of the game when the outcome was not in doubt.

 

LC had a larger marigin against LO in the 2nd quarter.

 

Coach Letton does do a good job but remeber he has some pieces no one else in 4A can come close to.:creepy::creepy:

 

Leo,

 

I've made a very fair point that LexCath is head and shoulders above the rest of 4A. You can hype your apparent belief that Bell Co is far superior to LO all you want. It's an irrelevant issue. I choose to be happy with what LO did this year and hope for even more in the future.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take this the wrong way. LexCath has a great coaching staff. But the talent gap was just too large. LexCath's talent and athleticism was way above and beyond anyone in 4A this year. Its like a lot of people said. Bell was the only team that IMO could play with LexCath in 3A, but Bell could not beat a Lexington Catholic team this year.

 

Congrats to LexCath on a great season! And LoneOak. That was a great accomplishment for their program.

 

 

Well said.

Bell also had the advantage of playing LexCath at home, too. On a neutral field, the score may easily have been more lopsided.

LC does have great team speed, but many overstate it. Team speed is not necessarily measured according to 40 times. Well prepared teams can look fast when they do things correct. Teams that pursue well may appear to have more speed than is shown on the 40 stopwatch. There are teams that have more team speed than LC, but it's the way it's utilized that makes the difference.

 

LC may have 3 sub 4.5 forties on thier coaching staff, but not in thier Linebacking corps.

 

Hmmm.... I can think of two coaches that can currently run under a 4.5... and in his prime, a third one.... but I don't think that the oldest of the three can still run under a 4.5 (I think it might be more like a sub 4.5 sec 35 yard dash). ;)

 

And glad that you gave a clarifying statement about the speed of Lex Cath - 3 linebackers with that kind of speed would typically mean that LC was fielding 3 more D-1 prospects. You are so right - they are fast to the ball because they were well prepared as a defensive unit, and they are also an intelligent and coachable group of good athletes.

You're so right, George. We've still got it!

Strange, but I don't recall all the discussions about how LC belonged in Class 5A and LO should be in Class 3A last week. It's easy to sit back this week and reclassify all the teams according to their performances last weekend. . .Lone Oak had a bad day in Dodge, but they played their way through the playoff grid established long before anyone knew of the LC pass rush, Shane's fast feet or the Guy hit on #24. If I'm not mistaken, a team from down Bowling Green way has had three fabulous seasons only to experience THREE bad days in Dodge. As much as the principals/superintendents want to find/mandate a "level playing field", Kentucky high school players and coaches will put their best games on the field and accept the outcome-whether it's in four, six, or more classes. High school football is a great game. Quit trying to micromanage it. Just enjoy it.

Bell also had the advantage of playing LexCath at home, too. On a neutral field, the score may easily have been more lopsided.

 

Was you at the Bell County-LexCath game? If not, its kind of hard to comment on the game. Also, not saying Bell played even with LexCath, because they didn't but the score is not always indicative of the actual game.

Was you at the Bell County-LexCath game? If not, its kind of hard to comment on the game. Also, not saying Bell played even with LexCath, because they didn't but the score is not always indicative of the actual game.
I saw a tape of it ... and I stand by my comment.
I saw a tape of it ... and I stand by my comment.

 

Did you notice that Bell was far and away the best team LexCath played during the playoffs?

Did you notice that Bell was far and away the best team LexCath played during the playoffs?
They apparently were. They also had the advantage of playing them at home.

 

On a neutral field, I would have liked to seen a Lone Oak-Bell County matchup.

I'm wondering if this game and season will enhance the chances of Fayette allowing their high schools to play LC in football or bury it further in their "unofficial boycott". I'm hoping for the former. I think some local rivals teeing it up would be great for the atmosphere here. LC originally wanted to play Lafayette in 07's Bluegrass Bowl, but the game reportedly was nixed by the Central Office crew. I think it's time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.