Everything posted by eaglefan74
-
What Coach in 1A is the most underrated?
I can't remember his name at the moment but i think it's Chirico? Or something like that . He's the HC at Paintsville. Talking about taking over mess of a program and has completely turned it around . I'm a Fairview guy so I'm not a fan at all of Paintsville, but this man has my respect .
-
Fairview 2018
Yes , Alex Roy's brother Jack is the QB this year . He's a Sophomore, & has really grown a lot in size since last season.
-
Fairview 2018
If I'm not mistaken they are going back to the offense that Fred Ray ran at Fairview in his 1st 2 seasons when Alex Roy was QB .
-
Fairview names Brett Cooksey as new head coach
Don't forget Rex also use to coach Baseball, & Golf as well at Fairview
-
Open Job: Fairview
Agreed . I'm not around to see it with my own eyes , but taking in consideration the person who told me this is a current coach on the staff I'd like to think it's true .
-
Open Job: Fairview
I was told by a member of the staff Fairview currently has 40 kids for Football. As we all know that can change for better or worse in a blink of an eye .
-
Open Job: Fairview
Yes he was teaching . I can't elaborate any further it's not my place , but it's a good thing for him nothing bad .
-
Out of State Scores of Interest 9-22-17
Yes sir it's still on . It will a tough few days , but on October 13 they play Manatee .So it won't get any easier then either.
-
Out of State Scores of Interest 9-22-17
My boy plays for Sarasota Riverview
-
Out of State Scores of Interest 9-22-17
Xxx
-
Douglass High School Stallions - Newest 6A football squad
Former Fairview HC Nathan McPeek is on the coaching staff . I can't remember if he will be their OL coach , OC , or both . I spoke to Nate awhile back, but I can't remember for sure which position he has on the coaching staff .
-
Fairview 2017
Alex Roy's little brother Jack is a freshman this year , & has been looking sharp at QB. He has the talent, & arm , but needs the experience to fully blossom. My prediction is he will tie, break, come close to a lot of his brothers records by the time be graduates in my opinion . Side note I, don't think he'll start out as 1st string QB , but figure he'll take over 1st string snaps 3 to 4 games in to the season .
-
Which Former High School Player Is Now the Best in College?
Not sure of his stats , but i know former Fairview standout Elijah King is the team leader for Texas State in catches , receiving yards , & receiving TDs .
-
Fairview 34 Bracken County 22
Jonathan Ruggles RB/LB played , but has played hurt the last few games & will need knee surgery after season is over . Fairviews starting FB was out , & so was our speed back who was lost for the season a few weeks ago . We had 3 1st string OL out ,& two 2nd string OL out . On D we had a 1st string LB out , entire DL out , & at least 2 DBs that i know of were out . Fairview was healthier tonight than what they have been the few weeks , but had several players out .
-
Fairview 50 Lewis County 35
Fairview isn't healthy at all . Fairview had several 1st stringers out on both sides of the ball in this game . Fairview may get a few back next week but several has had season ending injuries , & have been out for weeks .
-
Raceland 39 Fairview 6
Considering how down Fairview is due to lack of experience , several injuries i was surprised Raceland didn't have a running clock on us . I've seen Raceland play this year , & they're a lot better than what they showed tonight . I've seen Paintsville play also , they're outstanding . I feel Raceland could beat Paintsville , but better focused & ready to play , because if they play against Paintsville the way they did us tonight the Tigers will walk away with the district championship . Tonight Fairview had one 1st string OL playing as the other 4 were out with injuries . Fairview started one 1st stringer , two 2nd stringers , & two 3rd stringers on our OL tonight . Our entire starting DL was out tonight as well . RB/LB Ruggles wasn't supposed to play tonight but he played hurt anyways . Our other starting RB (Cook) who is the speedster that can run or catch from the RB position & also is our main KR/PR as well starts on D was out as he's gone for the year . My point being considering how down we were from injuries , & lack of experience , i really thought Raceland should have had a running clock on us before halftime regardless if Bailey played or not . Fairview's future is bright however . Sure will take our lumps this year , & next , but in 2018 we should be hard to beat . Not only will we have several 3 & 4 year starters in 2018 , we have some talent coming up . For example Alex Roy's brother will be a freshman next year , & he is basically Alex 2.0 , that kid has skills , but we have other talent coming up besides him as well .
-
Pikeville 61 Fairview 12
Fairview came in this game with a ton of injuries ourselves . Out off 22 positions FHS had 11 starting positions out including the entire starting OL , DL , a FB , & LB. We lost a couple more starters in the 1st half & two 2nd string lineman who was starting in place of injured 1st stringers . Our depth was already thin . It's going to be a loooonnng rest of the season for the Eagles I'm afraid . We will get 2 of our 5 1st string OL back game after next , 2 lineman are for sure gone for the season , & 1 lineman is possible to return this season but doubtful .Either way it wouldn't have mattered because Pikeville had the better team regardless . Congrats & good luck rest of the year . I , also want to add how impressed i was by the class Pikeville players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . The young man who was taken out by ambulance during the game broke his Tibula , & dislocated his ankle . From what I understand he will have to have surgery , so please keep him in your thoughts .
-
Fairview 22 Lawrence County 14
From what I , understand all 4 have some kind of injuries . I , was told 3 of the 4 could be back by the game after Pikeville. The 4th kid I'm assuming probably will never play again because he had a seizure last week against Hazard , & another either at the hospital or on the way to the hospital from what i was told . I , hate it for that particular kid ( any kid for that matter ) because he is a senior , & a 3 yr starter .
-
Fairview 22 Lawrence County 14
I haven't kept up with FHS much this year like I have in the past , but I was told something tonight by 3 different parents if true makes this win a little more impressive to me . I cannot confirm this but according to 3 parents I talked with said 4 of 5 Fairview's starting OL didn't dress tonight . Furthermore 3 of those 4 also started in various positions on Defense . If this is in fact true Fairview is a lot better than what I was crediting them to be .
-
Class of 2016 Commits
Alex Roy of Fairview committed to Marshall University to play QB.
-
Fairview QB Alex Roy per WLGC Radio committed today to play for Marshall next season
Yes , it is very awesome ! But his father said the vitals you listed were before his Junior season , & he's been working on adding weight via muscles. Not that it really matters I don't think , but his dad told me Alex is now 6ft 4.5 inches 218 lbs
-
Fairview QB Alex Roy per WLGC Radio committed today to play for Marshall next season
OK have an update which is from his father. Marshall has been talking with Alex for some time now . In early December 2 representatives met with Alex , his parents, & high school coach . During that meeting Marshall reps brought up they were aware of Alex's excellent academic record , so with that they wanted him to take the SAT to see if he could qualify for an academic scholarship. They mentioned if he would be eligible for the academic scholarship they would offer that with a preferred walk on to the football team to save the extra athletic scholarship . However if he didn't qualify for the academic after the he took the SAT Marshall was still going to offer him the athletic scholarship to play football . Alex took the SAT on December 10th & scored well above what was needed for the academic scholarship. So in short he was offered the academic scholarship with a preferred walk on status . Also per his father Marshall had always been his top choice , but was not his only option as Alex did indeed have other offers on the table to play football , & not just the small schools .
-
Fairview QB Alex Roy per WLGC Radio committed today to play for Marshall next season
OK what I meant was not a complete private workout but an invite only where there was only a handful there . For instance at one he went to only 6 was invited which was covered by the local media at that particular college. Video footage of this actually exist . He was seen by coaches from different colleges where he was a QB in a game played at the end of this particular camp . I may be calling it a camp when it wasn't a camp . However it was in South Carolina .
-
Fairview QB Alex Roy per WLGC Radio committed today to play for Marshall next season
Actually he had several scholarship offers . I know he had both smaller colleges ,& some D-1 offers ( yes actual offers ) . I do not know for sure if Marshall was one of those offers , but I can confirm Marshall came to Fairview High School to visit with Alex , Fred Ray ( Fairview's coach) ,& his parents on 2 different occasions . Once in early December ,& the 2nd time this past Tuesday . This has been confirmed by both his parents , & Coach Ray . If you seen him in only one game , & if that game happened to be against Paris , I understand why think that way . Alex, during that game was battling both a sickness , & a injury , so he wasn't exactly up to par in that game. I would suggest you go check out some footage on him , because you can't base his talent on that game or the Nicholas Co game . I can tell you that he was asked to come to 5 different D-1 schools for a private workout after these coaches had seen him perform in person at a camp , & Marshall happened to be one of those schools .
-
Fairview QB Alex Roy per WLGC Radio committed today to play for Marshall next season
Big congrats to this outstanding young man.