Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville 61 Fairview 12

Featured Replies

Pikeville came out firing on all cylinders tonight, even though many starters were out with injuries. Wyatt Bataille was nine of ten passing for 267 yds. RB Evan Rhodes was held out with ankle concerns. However Charles and Slone racked up the yardage and touchdowns with the ground game. No stats for them as of now. Running clock in the third qtr. Freshmen Blair and Hensley closed out the scoring with a touchdown apiece. Congrats to the Panthers on a good win tonight. Prayers for the Fairview player injured in the game.

This one was fairly predictable. I didn't think the score would have been that wide of a margin but I did think Pikeville would cruise by around 3td's.

The team in Westwood shouldn't get too down about this one. Pikeville has possibly lost the only game that they will all season (including the playoffs) when Paintsville beat them.

I have to give Kudos to the School in Westwood, KY. for upgrading their schedule in the last few years. Schedules in their past years (out of district) included ...lets say possibly the worst teams in EKY, they played teams that other people's JV or Frosh could give a run and / or win. So, I commend them for now scheduling some good out/district teams....

Pikeville came out firing on all cylinders tonight, even though many starters were out with injuries. Wyatt Bataille was nine of ten passing for 267 yds. RB Evan Rhodes was held out with ankle concerns. However Charles and Slone racked up the yardage and touchdowns with the ground game. No stats for them as of now. Running clock in the third qtr. Freshmen Blair and Hensley closed out the scoring with a touchdown apiece. Congrats to the Panthers on a good win tonight. Prayers for the Fairview player injured in the game.

 

Fairview came in this game with a ton of injuries ourselves . Out off 22 positions FHS had 11 starting positions out including the entire starting OL , DL , a FB , & LB. We lost a couple more starters in the 1st half & two 2nd string lineman who was starting in place of injured 1st stringers . Our depth was already thin . It's going to be a loooonnng rest of the season for the Eagles I'm afraid . We will get 2 of our 5 1st string OL back game after next , 2 lineman are for sure gone for the season , & 1 lineman is possible to return this season but doubtful .Either way it wouldn't have mattered because Pikeville had the better team regardless . Congrats & good luck rest of the year . I , also want to add how impressed i was by the class Pikeville players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . The young man who was taken out by ambulance during the game broke his Tibula , & dislocated his ankle . From what I understand he will have to have surgery , so please keep him in your thoughts .

I knew it be a running clock. Fairview just don't have the fire power as last year. They stayed close with hazard because of the turnovers otherwise the game could of looked like this. They have a shot at knocking off the #2 seed from the opposing district I. The playoffs but after that there road ends.

 

I also feel they would be a little better team if they spread the ball like they did in there last drive in the hazard game..

I knew it be a running clock. Fairview just don't have the fire power as last year. They stayed close with hazard because of the turnovers otherwise the game could of looked like this. They have a shot at knocking off the #2 seed from the opposing district I. The playoffs but after that there road ends.

I also feel they would be a little better team if they spread the ball like they did in there last drive in the hazard game..

 

True. when their qb did throw the ball, he was accurate. I was surprised that they didn't spread it out some.

Fairview came in this game with a ton of injuries ourselves . Out off 22 positions FHS had 11 starting positions out including the entire starting OL , DL , a FB , & LB. We lost a couple more starters in the 1st half & two 2nd string lineman who was starting in place of injured 1st stringers . Our depth was already thin . It's going to be a loooonnng rest of the season for the Eagles I'm afraid . We will get 2 of our 5 1st string OL back game after next , 2 lineman are for sure gone for the season , & 1 lineman is possible to return this season but doubtful .Either way it wouldn't have mattered because Pikeville had the better team regardless . Congrats & good luck rest of the year . I , also want to add how impressed i was by the class Pikeville players , coaches , & fans showed tonight . The young man who was taken out by ambulance during the game broke his Tibula , & dislocated his ankle . From what I understand he will have to have surgery , so please keep him in your thoughts .

 

Man, I feel bad for those kids. When you've got a lot of players playing a lot of snaps both ways, injuries are going to happen, but Jeez... this is just too much. Their schedule isn't doing them any favors, either.

 

I hope the guys that are still out there, whether they're healthy or playing hurt, will hang tough and continue to battle every week. There's still some wins to be had this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.