Everything posted by The Great Game
-
Pre-Season Mr. Baseball Picks
In no way was I saying the 9th is better than the 11th or 7th. I pointed out that the ninth has had some top teams in the last 6-10 years make it state and that it is a very solid region with talent top to bottom. Thus he has faced some pretty good pitching, that is all I was pointing out.
-
Pre-Season Mr. Baseball Picks
So you are saying those regions pitching is that much better than the 9th year in and year out? In the last few years I believe the ninth has had representatives in the state tournament (4 of the last 6 years) and has been filled with some real good teams. This year we will see, but my contention is if you can hit you can hit anywhere. He has had no drop off when he plays on top travel teams in the summer when the pitching you see is much better game to game than the spring.
-
Bellevue/Beechwood Scrimmage (3/21)
I would agree...teams will take a good look at what they have and play everyone. Of course getting pounded is not what any coach wants, even in a scrimmage.
-
Pre-Season Mr. Baseball Picks
Have you ever seen him play? If not, I don't think you can make that statement. I have seen him play quite a few times and he could hit anywhere.
-
9th Region Baseball Discussion
I am positive their are a bunch of pitchers who throw in the mid-80's consistently that get signed D1... that was not my point as I happen to think he has a lot of talent and can play D1. Once again, throwin g87-88 consistently means that you do that 80%+ of the time for the duration of a game. After watching him pitch multiple times I am saying I didn't see that. You also need 3 pitches that you can throw with confidence and control, and he probably needs to develope 1 more off-speed pitch, but that can be done.
-
9th Region Baseball Discussion
I have seen him throw several times and did see him this summer. I didn't have a gun but I didnt think he was up near 90 at any point. I still think he has excellent talent and should have a real good season.
-
9th Region Baseball Discussion
- Top Players 8th Region '09
If they have two pitchers throwing in the 90's and can get the ball over the plate, pencil them in as a favorite in the state...:isurrender:- 2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009
I would also like to see that:thumb:- 2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009
My point on Northern Kentucky getting no respect is Cov Cath should be in the top 10 (JMO) and the 9th Region winner last year Newport CC returns a a solid group of players this year and is slotted 48th. I understand this is all pure guessing at this point but I'm not sure if enough homework is being done on putting this poll together.- 2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009
Once again....Northern Kentucky getting no respect!- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
Question: where does "can straight pump the gas" equate with his average mph, because that seems to vary greatly on these threads concerning how hard someone throws:idunno:.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
There has been some good points made on this thread about different teams that could be competitive. Even though NCC rose up at the end of last year to win, I believe this year there is Cov Cath as a clear favorite and then everybody else.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
oops, wrong quote....I thought you may have noticed by now that it's right in your name. :lol:- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
I thought you may have noticed by now that it's right in your name.:laugh:- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
From what I have heard here are the seniors that are going to try outs: Etcheid O'Hara Renda Meier Oliver Barrett- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
I love it TOG...You beat me to the punch, and in a very sentimental way at that, on what is going on with kids not finishing their senior year of sports. I think some of it could be attributed to the realization that they may not be the star anymore, coddling from the parents, or just senioritis. What is it? Help me out here everyone! I guess it could be the start of another thread?- Ryle 50 Newport Central Catholic 48
One of the best posts I have read in quite a while.:notworthy:- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
I believe he would have been the starting center fielder (maybe some 1st base), top three in the pitching rotation.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
Yes, it is a shame...they will miss him not being on the hill and he more than likely would have helped at the plate also this year.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
I will have to agree with Coop on Ryle... I think they will do all the fundamental things well and if the pitching comes along, and they have some pitching talent there to do it, they could surprise some folks. This team will be comprised of the last two JV Regional Championship teams minus a few players players due to injury or just deciding not to play anymore.- CovCath Baseball 2009 (Third Time's the Charm)
Good post... I think when it is said that he hit 88 it means just that, 88 was his top speed. After seeing him throw this summer I would definitely agree with TOG that his arm is getting stronger, he was throwing in the mid 80's consistently where last Spring he was in the lower 80's.- Boone County 50 Ryle 30
- Boone County 50 Ryle 30
Ryle has the talent to compete with just about any team in the 9th, and nothing more needs to be said...- Maxpreps Rankings 1/30
I was speaking of the prepsnation poll which was mention in another thread. I guess it's fair to say there is not an exact science to all this poll stuff... - Top Players 8th Region '09