Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Great Game

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Great Game

  1. I already have a job and dont count every stat at the game...I just observe. If you call that ball a hit that was right at the 2nd baseman in the 6th inning then Ryle actually out hit Cov Cath today, plus a curve ball in the dirt off the catchers pads doesn't equal a SB. I think you may be being a bit to generous. :idunno:
  2. I guess no one caught my friendly shot at The Old Guy in post #3...love ya TOG! Cov Cath has scoreboard today for sure, but in the end there are a bunch of "take away's" from this game.
  3. Actually so far this year Cody Meier has been the best hitter...in fact he has been easily one of the best hitters in the 9th so far this season, I believe he has 6-7 doubles already and today he hit shot off the base of the right field wall (as said before, the longest single you will ever see).
  4. So it was just bad hitting by Cov Cath today, OK? Same number of hits Ryle had... I counted 7 each by the way. Cov Cath had Isler at the plate today and that was a difference...he was crushing everything he looked at. He looks much better at that plate than Maile right now that is for sure.
  5. So where was the high 80's everyone has been talking about on here for Isler. I was at the game and he was just above 80 at best. Seems funny you guys never give credit to the other pitching staffs when they hold you down... it only becomes CCH's own hitting problems that cause it. This game could have gone either way today and give credit to Cov Cath for taking advantage of multiple walks in one innings to win the game.
  6. The main take-away from the game today...Cov Cath won, but there is not any real separation in talent level that most would have thought was there before the game was played. I am also really busy and will make further comments about the game later.
  7. Kind of like going vertical on a diving catch in the outfield....:laugh:
  8. See post #5...they used only two. Hummmm:confused:
  9. Fantastic post Pat Dad... I will tell you that I have seen it both ways over the past few years. What keeps bringing me back is a game like I attended yesterday, Ryle vs Conner, terrific defensive plays, good pitching, two teams with respectable high school players that play the game the right way, and fans that cheer each of their teams on and the other teams players when they made a stellar play. Yes, it was baseball, "The Greatest Game".
  10. Correct... the district seed game will be played later this month-4/28
  11. I will agree...saw him play some this past year and came away impressed with his skills and how handles the game.
  12. Pitchers: Ryle- Rogers, Dice-K, Hempel Connor- West & Russell
  13. Solid game by both teams pitching and defense with either team able to push across the final run in extra innings despite both teams having multiple scoring opportunities. There were a few sportscenter highlight catches with one coming in the bottom of the 8th when Conner's right fielder had a running/leaping catch over his shoulder on a rocket shot deep in the gap hit by Cody Meier. Very exciting game to watch!
  14. Final- 9 innings...Game called due to darkness.
  15. Conner has a really tough hitting line-up and deserves to be one of the favorites in the 9th. We will see how this young Raider team competes and it should be a fun game to watch.
  16. So far in the first couple of games I have been impressed watching Ryle's younger starters (notably juniors Ryan Donovan, Logan Carney and sophmores Conner Hempel, Caleb Lonkard). All of them have displayed solid fielding skills and I like their approach at the plate, you can see them learning every at-bat. Lonkard has started the year red hot and it was nice to see Carney break out with a couple of nice shots last night. I see why these young men won the JV Regional champaionship last year.
  17. Understood, and my point is subs don't play a part in just games where your way behind or way ahead, which you seemed to imply earlier in the thread.
  18. Ok, so what if the sub comes in and strikes out the side in the situation described above... I guess that doesn't mean anything? :idunno:
  19. Good news for him and Beechwood...
  20. I am really sorry to hear that, especially in is his senior year... Good luck young man.
  21. Was Patrick Johnson the pitcher for Pendleton Co.?
  22. I know it is only the first game of the season, but I am surprised by this one. Who did Holy Cross throw?
  23. I agree...fantastic job Coop! Your love for high school baseball shines through with this work you did, and I am sure everyone is very appreciative of all the hard work to put this together. :notworthy:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.