Everything posted by The Great Game
-
Maxpreps Rankings 1/30
How can Maxpreps put Holmes in the 2nd spot in the state and the national rankings have them at 20th in the country? Things that make you go Hmmmmm....
-
Holmes v Cooper Predictions (1/29)
The only way it can help is by playing their younger players to give them time playing in a varsity game.
-
NKY Top 10
Cov Cath is without a doubt the favorite...
-
Top Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati baseball players for '09
Thanks for the explanation...makes sense.
-
Top Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati baseball players for '09
Once again, he is a real good, up and coming player... I ask the question to anyone who has seen both he and Maile play multiple times, is he better than Maile at this point in time?
-
Top Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati baseball players for '09
Good looking ballplayer but the couple of times I saw him play I haven't been blown away to the point of this rating. I surely wouldn't put him in front of Maile.:confused:
-
Class System in KY Baseball?
Some good points... and you are correct it probably wouldn't work for all schools, up or down, but if studied and laid out properly I believe it would work for the majority.
-
Class System in KY Baseball?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I agree with Coop..This is what park and I bantered about on a separate thread. We were discussing a 3 class system. I guess I should have been more specific , but what I mean by larger schools, looking at the way the class systems were broken up here on this thread, is 4A and up. Although in this thread 4A is considered upper-mid. I am sure there are cases, and no I didnt research the last 10-20 years, that some schools smaller than 3A or below faired very well. You have to consider that in the schools you listed as smaller than 6A you are looking at some solid baseball programs over the years and private schools who have always placed a big emphasis on sports so they attract top athletes (Lec Cath, Cov Cath, LCA). I do agree with your Class A point. Quote: Originally Posted by Park1221 GG, I beg to differ on your account of the facts:"a majority of the time the larger schools are going to win the title just by the number of atheletes they pull from." In the last 10 years that statement has not held true as only 3 titles have been won by 6A classified schools(Dunbar and PRP). If you back it up over the last 20 years, it is split dead even--10 titles for non-6A schools and 10 for large 6A. I'll give the non-6A title schools(Cov Cath, Boyd, Franklin-Simpson, Paintsville, Lex Christian, Lex Cath(2) and Harrison County(3). If you look at this issue with some fact based objectivity you cannot conclude that a class system is needed. There are some really small private schools that probably have no chance of ever winning a title, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater because of that! There is already an All A classic tournament which allows those small schools to comepte against one another during the regular season. I'm sure a trophy is awarded, and those schools still get a shot at the bigger schools in the post season.
-
Top Players 8th Region '09
Matt Allen- Carroll County has the raw talent to have a huge year.
-
Best At Each Position in NKY
Nice! :thumb:
-
Best At Each Position in NKY
Did they just now become empty after hearing that we should all chip in to get DD reinstated;)
-
Best At Each Position in NKY
Our good BGP pal is still suspended:confused:
-
NKY Top 10
I like this list, but yes I would have to put Highlands in the top 10 somewhere.
-
"For Fun" Preseason Top 25
Smith may be a consideration as one of the top pitchers in NKY, but Larimore no. Nice player, but not one of the top in NKY. I would be very surprised to see Beechwood make it out of 9th, with Cov Cath, NCC, and Conner being the favorites.
-
Best Freshman in NKY
Good point... I thought they were talking about the older Freidel in the previous posts who is a SS.
-
Best Freshman in NKY
No Friedel does not pitch anymore and from what I saw last year his arm strength in the hole will need to be worked on at the varsity level. Nice looking fielder and good stick though!
-
16 Teams to State Tournament at Applebee's???
I guess I should have been more specific , but what I mean by larger schools, looking at the way the class systems were broken up here on this thread, is 4A and up. Although in this thread 4A is considered upper-mid. I am sure there are cases, and no I didnt research the last 10-20 years, that some schools smaller than 3A or below faired very well. You have to consider that in the schools you listed as smaller than 6A you are looking at some solid baseball programs over the years and private schools who have always placed a big emphasis on sports so they attract top athletes (Lec Cath, Cov Cath, LCA). I do agree with your Class A point.
-
16 Teams to State Tournament at Applebee's???
I dont disagree that baseball gives smaller schools a better chance to win the title but what happened last year with LCA wont happen very often, thats what makes it a great story, but a majority of the time the larger schools are going to win the title just by the number of atheletes they pull from. A class system needs to be set up to consistently equal the playing field. :thumb:
-
Best At Each Position in NKY
I agree big time with your choice on Carney, this will be a break out year for him no matter where he plays for Ryle, but I am am not so sure that it will be 2nd base even though it should.
-
Best At Each Position in NKY
I would add Eisler-CCH as a pitcher.
-
2009 Rebels
I believe they lost a bunch of pitching...
-
Top 10 players in Nky
I was generalizing here...I was looking at throwing up weight as bench pressing, and that "usually" means heavier weights. He's good already but could really be good if he can hit spots. There are a few pitchers in NKY this year that fall in that same category.
-
Top 10 players in Nky
Just an opinion from my past experience but bulking up doesnt really help as it relates to pitching. Light weight and more reps builds strength and does not bulk you up. Workouts should consist of building core strength, flexibility, legs, and cardio.
-
Looking for info on Ludlow and Ryle...
Russell could be a big big factor this year for Ryle...he did not play last year, but he could be very hard to deal with on the inside for Ryle's opponents, very active.
-
Make Your Own 9th Region dream team
Jake Robinson is a great example... Most definitely one of the better players in NKY last year that received little attention.