Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Great Game

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Great Game

  1. There were two excellent games played earlier on the same field that both of these teams were involved in... Male beat Ryle 3-2 and Trinity beat Ryle 1-0. :thumb:
  2. I don't disagree with with your points above and specifically a coach pointing out only batting average as the only criteria on how a player is hitting. I was just curious to look at how all the boys around NKY were doing, and in particular who was off to hot starts.
  3. Do they post any high schools stats on any websites in Northern Kentucky? Someone also mentioned on BGP that they saw stats in the newspaper. Which one? I am sure it is all predicated on each school submitting the stats from each of their teams.
  4. I agree with the tough schedule TOG, the hard part comes in keeping the boys believing that they are a good, competitive ball club when you lose all these close games early in the season. I still contend the weather has been a killer so far this year, practice is always good but never replace live game situations.
  5. Must be nice and I would love to see it sometime... what I liked about this complex is how it was connected to the school with walkways. The grounds crew did a terrific job of getting the field ready after all the rain from the day and night before.:notworthy:
  6. I understand that...and that was what I was looking for in the explanation. That is a great play if that is indeed what happened!
  7. Along with Roenker (Holy Cross) I can't think of a better junior pitcher in NKY than Donovan. He was really awesome today against a top team in Kentucky. Keep it up young man, lots of innings to throw yet this year.
  8. Would that be 5-4-3 triple play?:confused:
  9. One again, very insightful Coop! Only the very best cover all three area's you pointed out.:thumb:
  10. Should be a great game and Connor wins in a close one.
  11. I was also blown away with Male's facility... They have a very solid team. Once again Ryle plays tough against a real good team and doesn't get the offense to get the job done.
  12. I grew up in that area and Blissfield is usually a very good baseball program with a few state titles under their belt in the last 10-15 years.
  13. Not sure exactly what case you are trying to make, but I'm guessing that Ryle's run shouldn't have scored?
  14. I think the same goes for Cov Cath in this game. Etscheid struggled with his control in the 1st and 2nd innings but got in a grove and shut down Cov Cath over the next 4 innings.
  15. Indeed both Nutini and Etscheid pitched excellent games... Difference in the game is two walks, a fielding error, and then a throwing error to score both Cov Cath runs in the first. Cov Cath fielded the ball very well the rest of the way. Ryle had multiple errors throughout the game, but none that ended up costing any more runs.
  16. I think that is great and about time! Pitchers need to live down there, and if you force them to come up in the strike zone they have no chance
  17. What is the name of the school from Toledo? I am from there and can give you some background on their program.
  18. This sums everything up perfectly in my opinion.:thumb:
  19. Much better this year than prior years, due to one hard working parent who knows about this stuff (guess who) organizing and performing multiple fixes to the infield. The problem is that there isn't enough clay...lots of sand. The outfield also has standing water areas that have to be dealt with, but overall its light years ahead of where it has been. Ryle's field is looking good, just no more rain please!
  20. I can't take any more missed games...:puke:
  21. You can call me blind, that's OK, however I do know why you scored it the way you did:laugh:
  22. Correct...two bigger bounces, not the ones along the ground, with a ball hitting off the fielders chest that he didn't handle, error. Carney is a terrific fielder and would make that play almost every time, and I have seen him do it many many times. In the end the run means nothing...I am merely trying to point out the Cov Cath homer scoring system.
  23. Once again I stress, what was extraordinary about this, it was right at the fielder...it was a semi hard hit ball that was taking bigger bounces...it didn't bounce over his head or hit a rock and shoot left or right. If indeed this does fall in the category of being a head scorers judgment call and its a Cov Cath hitter, and the head scorer is TOG, it will always be a hit. So we move on...:walk:
  24. If that was considered extra-ordinary effort, he didn't even have to move, then you probably have very few errors in your score book, especially on the Cov Cath pages...lol. I guess the point of it being in the judgment of the official scorer even furthers my stance. An error is an error whether it's t-ball or the major leagues. You just are making up your own judgment on what is considered ordinary effort. As stated, in the end Cov Cath has scoreboard, so our difference in opinions on whether it was a hit or SB don't really matter .
  25. TOG, I am not going to get into a debate on who loves baseball more or the different ways we enjoy watching the game. You choose and enjoy keeping score and stats and I think its cool...you also keep all of us well informed:thumb: I choose to go to games and observe and look for the little things that make baseball so great. Now, like you I have been watching baseball for many years and was fortunate to play Div 1 and I can tell you that a ball hit in the infield directly at a player, who didn't even really have to move, then bounces off their glove, then shoulder, and falls 10-15 feet behind and to the right of him is a hit, since when? No matter how hard a ball is hit, and this one was hit somewhat hard but not a rocket, if its right at a player and is not fielded it is an error, and in this case it even hit the infielders glove and body. Also,the SB you counted in the same inning was a wild pitch in every game I have ever watched, curve ball 59 feet in the dirt bounces off the catcher and the runner took the base, sorry that's not a steal. You are a great baseball fan, and a Cov Cath homer and that's ok, but it seems to be skewing your stat keeping a bit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.