Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Season Mr. Baseball Picks

Featured Replies

Who are the players that should be in the running for Mr. Baseball this year?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Maile should be in the running for it. He is a UK-signee and has been the NKY POY two years running (he should have third this year). The kid is a player.

 

I know he several big time schools recruiting him like UK and LSU. Pro Scouts are interest in him as well as they think he has a good all around game.

 

Luke should have a great year this year.

I thought Maile already signed with UK????? :idunno:

  • Author
I thought Maile already signed with UK????? :idunno:

 

He is a senior this year.

I thought Maile already signed with UK????? :idunno:

 

That is what I said when I stated he was a UK-signee

Luke Maile definately

I'm new to this award. Is it the best overall player? Can it be a pitcher? Does it have to be a UK signee?

I'm new to this award. Is it the best overall player? Can it be a pitcher? Does it have to be a UK signee?

 

It can be anybody as long as they are a senior.

 

I nominated Maile not because he is a UK signee but because he is that type of caliber player. He has the numbers to back it up and the team to make a run at state.

 

Alot of Mr. Baseball hinges on how well the player, in question, does in the season. Another part of it is how well that team does and how far they are able to go in the post-season.

 

See Zach Cox of PRP last year. He had a great senior season, but he actually didn't have the "best" in his region. He wasn't even teamed the POY in his region! However, because of the caliber team he was on, he still produced big numbers regardless. And, in the end, he ended up leading PRP to the state championship which ultimately led him to being named Mr. Baseball. And he wasn't even a UK signee! I believe he signed with Arkansas if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks:thumb:. I think Maile is easily the most talented player in NKY hands down. Not too sure about the ones in Lexington and Louisville areas. Does the winner usually come from in those two areas or is it pretty even spread out throughout the state?

  • Author
Thanks:thumb:. I think Maile is easily the most talented player in NKY hands down. Not too sure about the ones in Lexington and Louisville areas. Does the winner usually come from in those two areas or is it pretty even spread out throughout the state?

 

Mostly Lex and Louisville areas but I wouldn't say it's favored by any means thats just the way it is.

Hunter Jones

Hunter Jones

 

Hunter Jones is great player but he isn't Mr. Baseball caliber just yet. Plus, he isn't even a senior so he isn't eligible for the award.

  • Author
Hunter Jones

 

:eyeonyou:

:eyeonyou:

 

Blodgett if Tates Creek can come out of the 11th region and their district. It's the toughest district in the state and could produce the state champions again. I know a couple years back, the district was the state championship game for two years in a row bet/ Catholic and Dunbar...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.