Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

el gato

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by el gato

  1. I predict Eta Rho will have a stroke when he sees this. :laugh: Holmes has to be #1 or #2 at least.
  2. GRC missed WAY too many FTs also.
  3. Stenzel looked out of shape to me. I know he has missed some time with an injury and I think his conditioning has suffered as a result. I saw him ask to come out of the game a couple of times and at one point, he missed five straight free throws. I thought Scott Co.'s depth was a major difference in this game.
  4. After being swept the first two years by TN, this was big for KY softball. The pitching for KY was outstanding, and even though some of the better hitters had an off day at the plate, KY was able to get some big timely hitting when it counted. Amanda Walden from Greenwood had a huge pinch hit, bases loaded double in the second game to drive in three runs that really seemed to turn momentum in KY's favor. Samantha Sparks from Russell came up with the big hit in the rubber game. Trailing 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th with runners at 2nd and 3rd, she ripped a single up the middle to drive in two. The CF misplayed the ball, allowing it to get to the fence and allowing Sparks to come all the way around to score the go ahead run.
  5. I heard the same thing at the KY/TN all-star games, though I heard her leaving was not her choice.
  6. The KY pitching was outstanding! In the only loss, Clark had 10 K's and the only run that TN scored was unearned. All four runs in game two were unearned as well. Jimison from Middlesboro also saw action in relief in game two.
  7. You were right, she did pitch. She must have been a late addtion though becasue she wasn't listed on the roster and she made 21 players for the senior east squad. She is not playing in the KY/TN series however, which is a shame.
  8. She's not on the roster listed on the KSCA web page. There are 20 players listed on the Senior East roster, and Allen isn't one of them. I've never known them to have more than 20 players on a roster. Maybe so, but the KY/TN series is a best two out of three.....you need more than one good pitcher. I just think it's a shame that for three straight years now, Miss Softball has passed on the KY/TN game. It's no wonder that KY has yet to win a game in the series.
  9. I'd say it may very well be the best class of pitchers ever, but what is sad is that neither Allen or Riley are scheduled to play in the all-star games. This means neither will be playing for KY in the KY/TN all-star game. This will be the third year in the three year history of the KY/TN series that Miss Softball will not be playing for KY. We can't beat the TN all-stars unless the best players are participating, especially the pitchers.
  10. Even though it's a Top 25 poll, coaches only vote for the top 20 teams. You get 20 points for a 1st place vote on down to 1 point for a 20th place vote. So Clark Co. would get 20 points for their 1st place vote, meaning one other coach could have voted them 16th, as many as five other coaches could have voted them 20th, or some other combination in between. Regardless, it is still odd that someone voted them No. 1.
  11. I agree as well. The number 6 hitter's at bat is scored as a fielder's choice with the nearest fielder getting credit for the putout.
  12. Stock Up The pre-game video before the championship game was awesome!
  13. It's easy to say the split sessions weren't needed after the draw was determined. The problem is, Montgomery and Mason very well could have been playing in the first round and the split sessions definitely would have been needed. The way the draw worked out this year, there weren't any huge crowds for any of the first round games. Would it be possible to decide whether or not to have split sessions after the draw is determined? I don't know but I think it's a fair question to ask.
  14. But they hadn't been there before....at least not in the last 39 years. :lol:
  15. I could be wrong, but I think Hazard has made several trips as well.
  16. 1- Lexington Catholic 1- Owensboro 1- J-town 1- Holmes 1- Hazard 1- Lincoln Co. 1- Paducah Tilghman 1- Mason Co. 2- Lex. Cath. 2- Holmes 2- Lincoln Co. 2- Mason Co. 3- Lex. Cath. 3- Mason Co. 5- Mason Co. TB- 147
  17. Didn't look like Montgomery's coach took it too well either. He took him out immediately and gave him a pretty good tongue lashing on the bench.
  18. I voted Mason Co. simply because of the draw. I think Mason and Lex. Cath. are clearly the top two, both playing very well right now, with Mason having the much easier path to the finals. I'm looking forward to seeing Holmes play as well, their resume looks impressive.
  19. It was never scheduled for Saturday night, the finals were supposed to be on Sunday afternoon. Bottom line, nobody got turned away as so many people on here had predicted....some said thousands would be turned away if Montgomery and Mason played in the finals. Montgomery Co. did an outstanding job of hosting the tournament and there's no reason they shouldn't have it again in four years. :thumb: Congrats to Mason Co.....clearly the best team in the region. Best of luck at Rupp, I'll be pulling for the Royals to bring home another state title. :ylsuper:
  20. I predict the largest crowd of the first round for sure. Elliott will bring a bunch, Mason always has good support, and a lot of people will want to see future Wildcat Darius Miller.
  21. Looks like everybody was able to get in for the championship game....yes even SugarDaddy. All in all, with this being their first attempt at hosting such an event, I think the administration at Montgomery Co. did an outstanding job and should be commended for putting on a great tournament. :thumb: Congrats to Mason Co. Simply head and shoulders above everybody else in the region this year. Now go down to Rupp and bring back another state title. :ylsuper:
  22. They did announce it, as soon as he scored the basket. I was actually surprised that they announced it as quickly as they did. They were obviously anticipating it and keeping track of his point total. Congrats Setty on 1,000. (the way he was shooting, I was expecting them to announce later that he had scored his 2,000th point :lol:)
  23. Congrats to Paintsville and good luck tonight. I really hope Bill Mike gets to coach his final game in Rupp, he deserves it. As far as the Expo Center goes, the 15th region is fortunate to have a facility like this to host the regional tournament. I wish we had something similar in the 10th.
  24. I've heard Breeden was a top choice for Montgomery Co.'s job last year and he turned it down. What would make Rowan Co.'s job more attractive than Montgomery's? I'm not trying to be condescending, just curious about how others would feel about this. Not a lot of difference geographically speaking between Mt. Sterling and Morehead. Montgomery is a larger school, with a newer, larger, and nicer gym.
  25. The main reason I would hesitate to say "clear-cut" favorite is the draw. The top half of the bracket is loaded with the 6th, 7th, 9th, and 11th. If Mason Co. wins the 10th, they would have a much easier path to the finals IMO. With that being said, Lex. Cath. is playing awfully well right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.