Ky vs Tn All Star Games

I heard that Kentucky not only won their first game ever against the Tennessee all stars, but also won the series 2-1. If my info is correct,

Game 1

TN 1 KY 0

Game 2

KY 10 TN 4

Game 3

KY 3 TN 2

Congrats to the Kentucky All Stars. Here is a link to the rosters for KY and TN.

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/ky-tnallstars.htm

After being swept the first two years by TN, this was big for KY softball. The pitching for KY was outstanding, and even though some of the better hitters had an off day at the plate, KY was able to get some big timely hitting when it counted. Amanda Walden from Greenwood had a huge pinch hit, bases loaded double in the second game to drive in three runs that really seemed to turn momentum in KY's favor. Samantha Sparks from Russell came up with the big hit in the rubber game. Trailing 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th with runners at 2nd and 3rd, she ripped a single up the middle to drive in two. The CF misplayed the ball, allowing it to get to the fence and allowing Sparks to come all the way around to score the go ahead run.

I had the pleasure of going to watch all three games and I must say that the Kentucky coaching staff was an absolute class act as was the entire roster of Kentucky players. Balls, strikes, safes and outs were not questioned , complained about or argued. They just went with the decision and played the game. It was awesome to see all of that talent assembled together on one team. I`ll bet it was a blast to coach that group for a few days.

Congrats Kentucky gals and Congrats Samantha. You made you state proud.

I had the pleasure of going to watch all three games and I must say that the Kentucky coaching staff was an absolute class act as was the entire roster of Kentucky players. Balls, strikes, safes and outs were not questioned , complained about or argued. They just went with the decision and played the game. It was awesome to see all of that talent assembled together on one team. I`ll bet it was a blast to coach that group for a few days.

:thumb:

I' ll stick to my pre-season pick and remind all that I said she was the best player in the 16th. Congrats Samantha.