Everything posted by Neers 44
-
Breathitt County 35 Estill County 6
Somerset had problems that night, it's all a matter of opinion on whether Estill caused them, or Somerset caused them themselves. Somerset is a great team, but struggled to get going against the Engineers, honestly I can see both arguments, there were many short passes to the flats the Briar Jumpers dropped in the early going that rest square on their shoulders, the qb's accuracy was also a little shaky at first as well. Somerset's defense held the Engineers in check all night.
-
Powell County 49 Magoffin County 48 OT
Shootout in Stanton, Powell comes away with the W in overtime.
-
Breathitt County vs. Estill County Predictions
What I've heard is it's a hip pointer, he was injured during the first half of the Johnson Central game, he didn't play against Hazard. Don't have the full story.
-
Breathitt County vs. Estill County Predictions
I believe he is cleared to play, Holcomb could sit him, give him limited touches, or he could show up and look like the monster he was last year. Regardless the Engineers will have to bring their A game.
-
Breathitt County vs. Estill County Predictions
The Bobcats (2-5) visit the Engineers (3-3) in Irvine this Friday, let's hear it.
-
McCreary Central @ Powell County
34-7 McCreary Central
-
Estill County 24 Newport 20
Estill has a stable of backs, and although Benedict and Covey are missed, the offensive line is the glaring weakness, but they are improving each week. This team is coming together nicely, now it's time to build some momentum.
-
Johnson Central 36 Breathitt County 14
I believe I read on another sat that Fugate returned to the sidelines in the 2nd half, however it was in street clothes, hope he recovers quickly. Breathitt lost a heck of a defensive coach in Chapman, and one heck of a line.
-
Estill County 24 Newport 20
Estill jumped out to a 17-0 lead at half after watching Newport throw 4 interceptions, Estill also fumbled twice in the 1st. It appears Estill expected Newport to lay down, however Newport came out with a purpose in the 2nd half and at one point led 20-17, Estill punched in another TD, to regain the lead 24-20 and that's the way it stayed. The Engineers should have put this one away, but the Wildcats impressed me, they showed they had some fight tonight, good luck to Newport the rest of the way.
-
Newport/Estill County Predictions
How much rain has Newport gotten this week?
-
Somerset 27 Estill County 14
Both injuries were from previous games, #24 has had a bum ankle all year, and #15 bruised his AC Joint in the first pre-season scrimmage, they'll be fine.
-
Estill County 42 Garrard County 41
They had 3 good RB's last season, some would say #10 was 3rd on that last, but regardless, he was #10 and he's a junior this year, the other two graduated.
-
Estill County 42 Garrard County 41
That was one heck of a team Garrard had them, good ol' Mr. Quissenberry, and another stud back.
-
Estill County 42 Garrard County 41
I don't believe they are, when the defense is clicking they can be a top 10 team in 3A, but when the defense goes South, most of the teams in 3A can play with them.
-
Estill County 42 Garrard County 41
Estill ended up with 433 yards rushing. It is very odd that Estill squeaked by a team that beat Rowan two weeks ago, when only 7 days ago Estill took a beating to Rowan County. Garrard's defense needs some work, I believe they just matched up better with Garrard than they did against the Estill attack. Garrard is a team that can compete with most of the teams in 3A, as long as the defense does its job.
-
Rowan County 56 Fleming County 26
Trust me, he is.
-
Perry County Central 37 Breathitt County 14
I questioned that after he left, but I never thought it would have made this big of an impact.
-
Scott fires freshman coach.
I'm glad I took the time to read this thread, I browsed over the description and could have swore it said illegal drugs. Unfortunate situation, glad to hear no one was hurt.
-
Fleming County vs. Rowan County
I may be wrong, but Rowan could win this one big.
-
Rowan County/Estill County Predictions
Agree 100%
-
Rowan County/Estill County Predictions
The Engineers will have to have a different performance than the one they brought to the table last week. This team is very capable of winning this football game, it's just a matter of how they choose to play. On the flip side, Rowan County is a solid football team, their back is a stud.
-
Bourbon County 41 Estill County 6
And ran it well.
-
Sheldon Clark 6 Breathitt County 0
We used a similar strategy against the Bobcats last year, and it worked, they scored on a fumble return to give them their only 7 points for the game, only problem was we were left with six. However, that was last year, I never would have guessed Breathitt would be held to less than 14 all year, such an explosive offense, congratulations to the Cardinals.
-
Bourbon County/Estill County Predictions
Not sure how healthy my Engineers are, if everyone is back Estill could win by a couple scores, however, if the injuries are still lingering Bourbon could hang around and win this one late, Coach Jones must have a solid defensive gameplan to win this game. The double wing will do its thing, but there are two other aspects of the game that must be clicking tomorrow night. Good luck to both teams.
-
Estill County's New Coach?
I could be wrong.