Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. I think the winner of this game will be the 3 seed in the playoffs
  2. Nope. Male 06 and the Henry Clay teams of the past few years are leaps and bounds better than all other 6A this year. I have seen #3 Madison Central 3 times and they have looked very impressive at times, but no way they could keep it within 30. Highlands and Boyle are better than the rest of 6A IMO...
  3. Same ole story in Winchester every year when it comes to football...
  4. How is Male's district seeding going to play out?
  5. ^This game was actually pretty bad to watch. Fumbles, penalties, bad throws, dropped passes, and sloppy play throughout weren't made up for by the 3 plays Lafayette made in the last 4 minutes. I was about to crown Bryan Station the the best public Lex school until they fell apart at the end.....I would have gone Station, then Lafayette, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, and Dunbar, but after seeing this go down I say they all suck.
  6. ^I agree. Lafayette looked terrible for the 3 1/2 quarters but Station gave them the game with a late FG miss, kickoff return, fumble returned for a score, and an interception at the end. It was 12 - 0 Station with less 6 minutes to go in the game. I'll say this, Station is HUGE and has speed everywhere, but still lacks fundamentals so bad...
  7. Wow, I thought I heard it was 6-6 at the half. GRC with Williams is very good, without is average at best.
  8. :eek: I am shocked by this one, was hoping for a #3 vs. #4 matchup next week in Gtown...
  9. Son of Bear replied to a post in a topic in KY Football (High School)
    That kid was ejected for that? Terrible call...
  10. I heard on the GRC radio postgame show that MC had 51 carries for 357 yards. :eek: Before making too many judgements on 6A pecking order, I want to see how the MC/Scott Co. game and the GRC/Henry Clay games go the next two weeks to see how the 3-10 range is falling into place...
  11. I guess all the GRC people are still stuck in traffic trying to get out of there. :irked: Great, great game. I love GRC's football stadium and there was a packed house tonight.....awesome atmosphere for a high school game. GRC came out on fire going up 14-0, the halftime score was 21-20 GRC, and early third was 28-20 GRC. MC showed a lot of heart to keep fighting back when they could have hung their heads. MC starting QB Zach Coldiron was knocked out of the game with an ankle injury in the 2nd quarter and backup John Moncriff (sp?) came in and did an excellent job. I hate to toot my own horn, but I called it in the prediction thread...GRC would get a lot of yardage but would turn the ball over. MC would use their depth at the skill positions to keep moving the chains. MC's superior depth was the ultimate factor IMO. Ryan Williams is stud, he had a ton of yardage and multiple TDs. Reminds me of Barry Sanders, no joke. The problem is, MC has a stable of RB that all came through huge. Keyshawn Simpson, Isaiah Kavanaugh, and my new favorite Indian Shane King all had great games. MC had virtually no passing game when Coldiron went out, and these 3 all had stellar nights thanks to Larry Warford and the Central offensive line. The difference in the game is GRC turned the ball over multiple times, MC did not and I think the Cards wore down towards the end of the game. Overall, a great game. Can't wait til the Indians travel to Georgetown on October 10th...
  12. ^It is better than the dog biscuit formation. :sssh:
  13. I've been holding off a prediction until now, but here is my insight: Madison Central has had a tendency to give up big yardage, but force timely turnovers on teams. Remember, just last season Ty Sparks went for 400+ yards on the ground yet Tates Creek still lost. MC can get by with the bend-but don't break defense against teams that aren't also clock control oriented on offense. If GRC is to win this they have to stop the big plays by the multiple threats MC has on offense, control the clock when they get the ball, and finish drives with TDs....MC has a legit 5 guys who can take it 80 yards for a score any time they touch the ball. MC 37-21
  14. Indians have won 7 straight over GRC
  15. 7 Boyle County 5 Madison Central 3 Lexington Christian 2 Anderson County 1 Woodford County LCA
  16. Kinda like Juniors playing JV :sssh: :walk:
  17. So LCA is the 2 to 1 underdog in this game based on the poll? Wow
  18. I expect Ryan Willams to go for 200 yards+, but MC will still take this game...
  19. @ GRC Open @ Scott County Dunbar Shelby County @ Highlands Boone County Obviously much stiffer competetion in the upcoming weeks...
  20. Indians put up 5 TDs in the 3rd quarter, game was 13 - 13 at the half. Great games by Mays, Kavanaugh, and Keyshawn Simpson. Central had a long TD run by Simpson and a long interception return for TD called back by penalties, lots of homer calls for the Commodores tonight that really hurt Central in the 1st half. The Indians passing game and defense will have to get better as district play starts next week. As for Tates Creek, they look to have more athletes from the past couple seasons, but they still just aren't very good. They have a very talented RB in #3 James, but they don't get him the ball near enough. This team would be so much better suited power running instead of chucking it every play...
  21. Richmond Register Article on the game
  22. I wouldn't say this at all. Lafayette will finish 2nd or 3rd in their district behind Henry Clay and maybe Tates Creek...
  23. ^While I don't think Rockcastle's offense was overly impressive (most likely due to the weather conditions), Southern's offensive line is invisible....Rico and the poor QB were getting hit nearly at the snap every play....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.