Lafayette at Boyle Predictions

Rebel

Who will win the game?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game?

Lafayette is 2-1 with wins vs. Franklin County (7-0) and Shawnee (42-6). Their lone loss was 28-21 to North Bullitt (who is 3-0).

The Generals opponents are a combined 4-4 on the year.

Boyle is 3-0 with wins vs. Warren Central (49-13), Henry Clay (31-7) and Danville (43-6).

The Rebels opponents are a combined 3-4 on the year.

Boyle has scored 123 points this year while giving up 26.

The Generals have scored 70 points while surrendering 34.

Boyle has looked good but other than Danville the Rebels other 2 opponents have losing records thus far. Likewise Lafayette has only faced one winning opponent this year (and dropped a 7 point loss in that one.)

Should be a huge barometer on the direction of the Boyle program. :thumb:

I wouldn't say this at all. Lafayette will finish 2nd or 3rd in their district behind Henry Clay and maybe Tates Creek...

My statement was an indication of how far Boyle has made strides this year. If they beat their 2nd 6A school then they will have made huge strides over the last 2 years. (BTW, if you feel that Henry Clay is that good, and Boyle defeats Lafayette; then it would be another read on how far Boyle has come. Afterall the Rebels already defeated the Devils 31-7.)

Of course Boyle's ultimate barometer is Lex Cath in a couple of weeks.

Teams have split the last 4 games, with the home team wining 3 straight years. Boyle won in Louisville back in 2003.

2007 Lafayette won 30-6

2006 Lafayette won 36-33

2005 Boyle won 35-20

2003 Boyle won 35-0 (Papa Johns Charger Bowl)

Boyle wins this with this one with their great D and run game! The only way Boyle will lose this season is if a team is very successful in their passing game because Boyle isn't giving up hardly anything on the ground. I think most people would agree with that statement.

Not that I'm a big Boyle fan...because I'm not, but I saw these boys scrimmage down at Jabez during camp. They have a strong secondary and an excellent passing game that is going to be tough to beat. It will take a punishing offensive ground game to eat clock (and keep that offense of the field) with an exceptional secondary defense to keep that offense off balance to beat them. The Generals will not have enough "Beans and Taters" offense to grind them down or secondary to handle them. Boyle 35 Lafayette 14