Lafayette at Boyle Predictions

Rebel

Who will win the game?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game?

Lafayette has some outside speed that could challenge Boyle County, but they have two young quarterbacks trying to get them the ball.

I think that Boyle County will go on about their winning ways at home.

To be honest Boyle most of the time wishes teams will try to get outside on them. If they focus on that it plays right into their hands. They love teams that try to go outside.

I need to give a clarification.

When I said "outside speed", I am referring to speed at the outside receiving positions. Whether these speedy receivers go deep, or catch short passes and run, Lafayette's receivers have better speed than the Boyle County defensive backs which might be a problem for the Rebels. Again, you have to have a quarterback get them the ball in space.

I need to give a clarification.

When I said "outside speed", I am referring to speed at the outside receiving positions. Whether these speedy receivers go deep, or catch short passes and run, Lafayette's receivers have better speed than the Boyle County defensive backs which might be a problem for the Rebels. Again, you have to have a quarterback get them the ball in space.

I'd be willing to bet that Danville's speed is just as fast if not equivalent to that of Lafayette. Boyle has definitely seen speed before. I think it would take a total let down on defense for them to be beaten by speed. You might beat them once or twice, but not the whole game.

Boyle by 3 td's at least.

I'd be willing to bet that Danville's speed is just as fast if not equivalent to that of Lafayette. Boyle has definitely seen speed before. I think it would take a total let down on defense for them to be beaten by speed. You might beat them once or twice, but not the whole game.

Boyle by 3 td's at least.

Good post! :thumb:

Rebels need to be very cautious this week. This is a trap game. In between Danville and Lexington Catholic. Need to keep focused.

I agree, if there's a trap game on the Rebels schedule it would be this one. However, I look for Boyle to stay focused on that big prize, and take care of business. Macsharra needs to have another good game to control clock, and another good game out of our punt team for an advantage in field position. It makes things alot easier for your offense when your playing on a short field and things alot more difficult for their offense when forced to play with poor field position all night.

Boyle 31

Lafayette 12

The Advocate Messenger website has an article about the game. Mainly about avenging another loss from the 2007 season. They lost to Danville and Henry last year before beating them this season and they get a chance to avenge Lafayette. Check it out. Interesting Stat: Rees MacShara has rushed for 482 yards and 7 TD's this season while averaging 10.5 yards a carry.