Everything posted by Son of Bear
-
State football finals moving?
I don't need to check my atlas since I live here.:thumb: Richmond is 20 minutes south of Lexington, but still a reasonable drive for most fans statewide....I really doubt someone willing to travel to Lexington would say Richmond is just too far. However, I can't see EKU letting the KHSAA use the facilities, even though the Colonels season would be over by then anyways and the size of the place would be perfect.
-
State football finals moving?
I would assume the football finals are #2 in revenue to the Boys Sweet Sixteen for the KHSAA.....that being said, having the football finals in Bowling Green would cut out a lot of neutral fans traveling the the games, fans of the teams in the games are going to travel regardless. EKU would be a great centralized location but I don't see that happening due to the university.......Personally, Lexington or Louisville are the best options.
-
Trinity vs. Lafayette Predictions
Lafayette is the only school in Lex without turf.......you won't be as far away from play as Dunbar or Henry Clay, but it is kinda dark and you'll be lucky if there is any grass. Trinity should roll in this one and I would expect the starters to sit by the half, much like the Dunbar game.
-
Southwestern vs GRC
http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=133753
-
Bell Co. vs. Tates Creek Predictions
This game should not be close, even being played in Lexington.
-
Highlands 41 Madison Central 0
The playing surface was in great shape, but it was obvious the Birds are used to turf....there was a lot of slipping by ball carriers. I think there was also a sighting of the infamous red van?
-
Highlands 41 Madison Central 0
^It rained A LOT this past week, but the field needed the rain and has held up nicely this year. MC's field is not named....an upgrade to the facilities is in the near future as well. As for Highlands not passing much, they didn't really need to...Conner, Hurt, and Cecil between the hashes was dominant.....MC is also MUCH better against the pass than the run....the Indians put decent pressure on Cecil but he is such an athlete that he could escape (aka the TD pass in the 1st half). The only type of team that I think could give the Birds problems is a big, physical team that could pound the ball and stuff the run....the Birds are quick but small IMO.....however, there is no St. X type team in 5A so the Birds should be in Louisville in December....
-
Highlands 41 Madison Central 0
Halftime score was 10-0 with the first half having some big hits. Birds opened the second half with a scoring drive....Indians went for it on a 4th down the next series and didn't get it...that was a BIG swing as Highlands scored 28 points in the 3rd. Highlands defense looked really good, they are so athletic and swarm to the ball. Central couldn't get much of a passing going because they couldn't protect Hope or Coldiron. MC was 1/12 on 3rd downs. Birds wore out the counter-tray in the 3rd quarter and basically smash-mouthed the ball down the field the entire quarter. Cecil is also VERY impressive running the ball...but I can't recall seeing the jet run one time like we saw a lot of last year with Kramer. Good luck to the Birds the rest of the season.....you all have classy fans and players, and a great head coach.
-
The world's fastest man will be in Lexington tonight...
He played football for Lafayette.....I remember him playing reciever, but he was so skinny....Lafayette stunk when he played so I don't remember him making any impact...
-
Western Hills/Lafayette predictions
Harmon is really getting his team ready for the playoffs by playing Western Hills....
-
Trinity vs Paul Dunbar Prediction
I've seen stranger things happen, but I don't see Dunbar or Lafayette having much of a shot against the Rocks.
-
Lincoln Co./Scott Co. predictions
I didn't think Lincoln County would be able to reload like they have since they lost their OC and 75% or more of their offense. It shows what kind of coach French really is. However, after seeing Scott County twice, I think they win by 2 TDs.
-
Highlands/Madison Central Predictions
The field should not be an issue......in 2005, if I remember correctly, there was a band competetion during a monsoon which led to the sloppy field. There are no middle school games on the field anymore and it has been bone dry here for a month. The rain this week should only help the field for Friday.
-
Highlands/Madison Central Predictions
Win or lose, Madison Central is going to gain a lot from this game. Highlands is amongst the top 3 teams in the state and is far superior to any other team in the Indians region. I have enjoyed this game the past two seasons and I am looking forward to seeing the Birds on Friday night.
-
GRC vs Scott Co
^Some of the GRC homers on here need to get out and see some football statewide....this isn't a Madison Central thing, this is a common sense thing. Congrats, you beat a pretty good 6A team in Shelby County last week for a BIG district win, but don't make it sound like everyone is out to beat you, and only you. You were regional runner-up last year....again, congrats....but the arrogance is not necessary. You are saying that if a team has a choice to either win the region or beat Clark County, they choose to beat Clark? :lol: I. think. not. Next....
-
Best High School Football Stadium
My personal favorites are Trinity and Highlands.
-
GRC vs Scott Co
Ummmm simply put....No. And most of the Louisville posters talk about Shelby County because they were in a district with Trinity and Ballard the past few seasons and they played duPont Manual and Eastern this year. Other than Scott County scrimmaging T and X, Louisville hasn't seen much of this district in recent years.
-
GRC vs Scott Co
^They play home games at Georgetown College's field. It has real grass.
-
GRC vs Scott Co
Scott County is too physical for GRC and should win by 2 TDs....
-
Paul Dunbar 35 Madison Central 28
:thumb:
-
Paul Dunbar 35 Madison Central 28
It has gotten to be a miracle if a Dunbar thread can stay open for more than a couple days.....they just beat a pretty good 6A team and still have a VERY good shot at hosting a playoff game.....they may be one-dimensional, but if they hold on to the ball then they are capable of winning most of their games....
-
Paul Dunbar 35 Madison Central 28
They will make the playoffs, it is a four team district and they are currently 1-1. Central could lock up the 2 seed with a win at Shelby County or lose to Shelby and have Scott County beat GRC (which most expect to happen) and drop no lower than the 3. You hit the nail on the head with the defensive issues...
-
Paul Dunbar 35 Madison Central 28
^Williams ran hard and held onto the ball.....Dunbar threw an interception and I think lost one fumble (?)......they weren't doing anything unexpected on offense, and they held on to the ball for the most part.....and were easily gashing the Indians up the middle. Central's terrible special teams play couldn't stop Marquis Clay on the kickoff returns and a really bad fake punt and an interception gave Dunbar the ball inside the 10 both times. Field position was in the Bulldogs favor the entire game....
-
Multiple Players Signing D-1 From the Same High School Team
Marquis went to UK where he had a solid career. Jenkins, who's potential in football and basketball was unlimited, went to Lee University (?) in TN along with two other teammates, but left school basically when he got there.
-
Paul Dunbar 35 Madison Central 28
I'd say that Alex Matthews, Josh Conner, and Corey Farris are all expecting BIG games the next 3 weeks against Central's defense...and they should. I thought maybe the defense had improved from past seasons, but since the competion has picked up the past two weeks, the D obvioulsy can't stop anybody....and terrible special teams play isn't helping either. Great gameplan and execution by Coach Hensley and staff......and Dunbar's sidelines were alive and enthusiastic, while MC's looked like they were beat before the game started.....