Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. Because I know people who spoke about Powell and their team. It only takes common sense to figure it out. I, more than anyone, know that games aren't won on paper. Yet Powell didn't score this many points against Jackson in their only win. And Jackson hasn't won a game in years (have they?) Logic also tells you why you don't play the games on paper? Why, you may ask? Because stats don't show you the heart and soul that a team players with. Powell defied the stats, so it had to be done with heart. Simple?
  2. I just saw this on the scoreboard. I am very disappointed with the defense. I didn't attend this game, but to let Powell score thirty points is unreal. Powell was vastly overmatched, but appeared to play with heart.
  3. I don't know how West will fair now that they have a new coach. Their previous coach was a defensive genius, and that helped them get to where they got last year. If McCreary makes it out of the district, they will be the favorite to win the region, in my eyes.
  4. I think this will be a very interesting matchup. Knox Central is very capable of winning this game by double digits. But something is telling me McCreary will somehow squeak this out. McCreary 22-20
  5. His butt. I'm kidding. I am not sure. But like someone else said, this isn't necessarily the best player in the state... soo.. take it for what it's worth, I guess.
  6. The Raiders continue to roll. McCreary 42-6 How long? I don't know. But McCreary moves to 4-0.
  7. From my understanding of the first half that I listened to, but teams moved the ball pretty well. Watts threw for the first two touchdowns of the first half, one of 18 and one of 65. But the real hoss was Roark, who just ran over any Cardinal in his path. I can only imagine he had many, many yards. During the first half, Wayne County had it in the red zone three times. Fumbled on the 1 and had two 4-and-outs. A good win for McCreary Central. This will be a great momentum pusher for the coming weeks.
  8. I'll have to make my way out to Norm Parsons Field and watch this showdown. A wide variety of predictions.
  9. The Raiders and Cardinals are starting the rivalry on the gridiron in hopes of it becoming as exciting as the hardwood. The Raiders are 2-0, with the Cardinals coming in at 0-2, but the teams that each have faced are far different. I think this may be a really good and close game.
  10. Not sure how good Pineville is this year, but they went to Stearns and beat McCreary 47-18 last year. This is a nice way to start for the Raiders, going on the road and beating Pineville.
  11. I don't know how good Lincoln County is this year, or what they have, but Larry Finch was a huge reason why they were so good.
  12. I have no clue who they return, however, Wayne won both regular season games by a combined seven points, only to have the favor returned in the district championship losing by eleven, and being down by 18 with a minute remaining.
  13. That could be correct. However, their schedule was much improved last season with Jeffersontown and Lexington Catholic.
  14. That is true. One team may be leaps and bounds better than the other, but they always seem to have exciting, grinding games, with an occasionally large win. Southwestern also provides a tough challenge for both teams, but losing Woolridge will be tough for the Warriors.
  15. Statistically, yes. The past three years, they've been one of the better teams offensively in the state compared to their opponents.
  16. They should be at the top of the 12th. With West Jessamine getting a new coach and losing many key players, McCreary should be the favorite. They need to work on their defense because their offense is one of the best, not only in the 12th, but the state.
  17. I think the West Jessamine hire will actually hurt the Colts this season. They were the best defensive team in the region last season, and I don't know exactly how Kelley plays. Raider Rob may finally make it to Rupp.
  18. Fight. Yes, you're right. But it's not something we need to discuss on here.
  19. McCreary Central is not a bad team. Great? No. Bad? No. The Raiders could be a very good team if they could cut down their errors. For years, that's been the stumbling point of the Raiders. Their hitting is great, and their pitching is very nice. They just can't seem to cut down on errors.
  20. There was a rumor that Eric Bledsoe's high school coach was going to get a job in Kentucky. I don't know if there is any truth to it, but if he wanted to match the level he is currently at in Birmingham, Scott County is probably the likely place.
  21. It's about time McCreary finally stepped it up. How did they determine seeding with McCreary and Southwestern splitting, with both teams winning at each others home field?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.