Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Central 50 Powell County 30

Featured Replies

I just saw this on the scoreboard.

 

I am very disappointed with the defense. I didn't attend this game, but to let Powell score thirty points is unreal. Powell was vastly overmatched, but appeared to play with heart.

I just saw this on the scoreboard.

 

I am very disappointed with the defense. I didn't attend this game, but to let Powell score thirty points is unreal. Powell was vastly overmatched, but appeared to play with heart.

 

How do you know Powell was vastly overmatched and appeared to play with heart IF YOU DIDN'T ATTEND this game?:idunno:

  • Author
How do you know Powell was vastly overmatched and appeared to play with heart IF YOU DIDN'T ATTEND this game?:idunno:

 

Because I know people who spoke about Powell and their team.

 

It only takes common sense to figure it out.

 

I, more than anyone, know that games aren't won on paper. Yet Powell didn't score this many points against Jackson in their only win. And Jackson hasn't won a game in years (have they?)

 

Logic also tells you why you don't play the games on paper?

 

Why, you may ask? Because stats don't show you the heart and soul that a team players with.

 

Powell defied the stats, so it had to be done with heart.

 

Simple?

Because I know people who spoke about Powell and their team.

 

It only takes common sense to figure it out.

 

I, more than anyone, know that games aren't won on paper. Yet Powell didn't score this many points against Jackson in their only win. And Jackson hasn't won a game in years (have they?)

 

Logic also tells you why you don't play the games on paper?

 

Why, you may ask? Because stats don't show you the heart and soul that a team players with.

 

Powell defied the stats, so it had to be done with heart.

 

Simple?

 

 

Although I do agree with you that stats have nothing to do with who wins or who loses or even how each individual game is played, I don't quite think it is ever that simple! IMO!

Congrats to MCHS! Any stats House of Pain? Did Powell score points late against your twos?

Is this a school record for wins by the Raiders?

Congrats to MCHS! Any stats House of Pain? Did Powell score points late against your twos?

 

Don't have any official stats. Roark had around 150 to 200 yards and 2 Td's most of which came in the 2nd half. Watts threw for 1 TD and ran for 2 all in the 1st half, he didn't play in the 2nd half and didn't play at all on defense. Dustin Goins had 1 TD through the air and 1 on the ground. Over 300 yards (possibly close to 400) total offense. We had 3 or 4 scores called back and 1 of them I can say was a real call. Defensively we played very aggressive for 1 quarter and then the defense seemed to become complacent and non-aggressive which frustrated the coaching staff to no end. But, I will say that Powell earned their TD's 2 in each half! The coaching staff was happy with the win (which coaches should always be happy when they win), they were very satisfied with the performance of the offense(could have scored 70+) but was very disappointed in the overall performance of the defense. We have a lot of work to do before Fridays showdown with Madison Southern so I hope the players are ready to go to work. I hope this gives some insight to the game but please remember the stats are not official just the best I could recall!

Is Aaron Watts having as big an impact as he was having his first couple of years?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Is this a school record for wins by the Raiders?

 

 

Winning 5 out of 6 yes, this is the first time ever being 5-1. However on two other occasions the Raiders have won 5 games in a season!

Congrats to McCreary on the win and the good record on the season! A "W" is a "W" no matter who or how you play. As long as you win the games you should win, there should be no problem. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Congrats to McCreary on the win and the good record on the season! A "W" is a "W" no matter who or how you play. As long as you win the games you should win, there should be no problem. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

 

Thanks papagrit, I agree 100%. Good luck to the Rock this week!

Because I know people who spoke about Powell and their team.

 

It only takes common sense to figure it out.

 

I, more than anyone, know that games aren't won on paper. Yet Powell didn't score this many points against Jackson in their only win. And Jackson hasn't won a game in years (have they?)

 

Logic also tells you why you don't play the games on paper?

 

Why, you may ask? Because stats don't show you the heart and soul that a team players with.

 

Powell defied the stats, so it had to be done with heart.

 

Simple?

 

Jackson has been winning around 2 games per year, but normally against weaker opponents. However, Coach Carter is doing a great job in Jackson County and they are getting better every week. Possibly, McCreary may have given up some points late much like the Garrard Co win over Jackson when they gave up 14-16 points with the #2 and #3 players in the game when it was out of reach.

Cong. to the Raiders. 5-1 not too shabby!

Yeah the coaching staff must be psyched about the record. How does McCreary stack up with Madison Southern? How does Watts compare to Ricco? If Watts is better I'd like to see it Friday night. Oh yeah, does Mad So have anyone who can compare to Roark?

Great job by both McCreary's players and coaching staff!Way to go guys the season you are having so far is great for the whole football program!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.