Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan
-
Arby's/KFC Holiday Classic
I know, I had checked that out a while back. Not only is their school accomplished, so is their coach.
-
Arby's/KFC Holiday Classic
This seasons classic will be held a bit differently than normal years. The eight teams will be separated into two pools of four. The four teams of each pool will play a round-robin style event, and then the seedings will be based on their record. Pool A: Oldham County Wayne County Somerset Blanche Ely, FL Pool B: Garrard County Pulaski County Magoffin County McCreary Central Sunday, Dec. 20th: Oldham vs. Wayne Magoffin vs. Pulaski McCreary vs. Garrard Blanche Ely, FL vs. Somerset Monday, Dec. 21st: Garrard vs. Mcgoffin Pulaski vs. McCreary Oldham vs. Blanche Ely, FL Somerset vs. Wayne Tuesday, Dec. 22nd: McCreary vs. Mcgoffin Garrard vs. Pulaski Somerset vs. Oldham Wayne vs. Blanche Ely, FL Blanche Ely is easily the most talented team here, and will likely win. I'd like to see how Kentucky teams compare to them, and see Ely match up with a slow-style, fundamental Kentucky team.
-
McCreary Central/Scott County Predictions 12/19
In two losses this season, McCreary made a combined 7 three-point shots. In three wins, they made a combined 35 three-point shots. Though the stats say otherwise, I don't think they necessarily live and die by the three. However, it is a big part of their arsenal.
-
McCreary Central/Scott County Predictions 12/19
The first of two matchups between these two teams. Scott County travels to McCreary later this year. Weird situation. Anywho, how long will McCreary be able to hang around? If they are making their shots, and they shoot the ball very, very well from the outside, they can stick around in this game for a little while. They go about 7 or 8 deep and stay pretty consistent against 12th Region Teams. McCreary's inside guys will probably struggle much more against the Cards. Scott County 82-68
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Not just this year. They just haven't been all that good in the past few years. They have a district title a couple of years ago because McCreary lost in the first round and Southwestern had nothing. Let me add this: The past 6 seasons (including current): Wayne County is 66-92 The previous 6 seasons: Wayne County is 149-37
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Kind of curious situation there. You would think with 10 assistant coaches, they would have been better the past few years. In all seriousness, I really don't know what has happened to them. They used to be not only a region contender or winner every year, but also contend in the state. Times have changed. Maybe Woods has wore out his philosphy at Wayne. He has been there a long time.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Last season, they took McCreary to two overtimes before falling, at McCreary. They finished the year at .500 and McCreary was a shot away from Rupp. And honestly, I think McCreary would win 7 out of 10 times against Mercer. They just can't seem to get over the hump against good teams when it matters.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
I still think Lincoln will be better than both Danville and BC. I would not be surprised if they ended up with a 5-1 district record. With that said, I'm not taking anything away from Danville or BC, except that they aren't Lincoln. Danville is always stacked with athletes. Lincoln always has "basketball players." Danville has athletes who play basketball. A big difference.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
If Lincoln can become consistent, they will be tough. I'd say the four teams will be: McCreary Lincoln Wayne West I don't think there will be more than four that have a legit shot. Someone may jump in there and replace Wayne, but I don't know. Lincoln has a mental edge that no one has. Sure, it's been two years since then, but they're still highly thought of. West, with a new coach, I'm not sure how it will turn out this year. They just aren't the same team. McCreary just needs to continue to play good, solid defense. They're three point shooting is very good and they're plays seem to work very well most of the time in the post. Of course, you also have Watts who makes them pretty good.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Of the 12th? What is "wow" about that?
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
I can agree with most parts of that. I like that McCreary has wins over Wayne and West (as does Lincoln). I think when it comes down to the end, there will only be about 4 teams that have a realistic shot.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
CatsPause. They had both Wayne and West Jessamine listed in the Top Five. Of the 12th Region. I don't know if that is where you are confused, as I thought it was obvious.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Dixon led the Raiders with 28 points, who held Wayne County to just 3 points in the second quarter. Dunagan has 20 for Wayne, coming late in the game. Shearer started out hot and ended with 15.
-
Whitley County 75 Williamsburg 37
It was tongue in cheek. I was wondering if anyone remembered that. I honestly have no problem with it.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Good solid win by the Raiders. After a slow start, they've won three straight, including wins over top 5 teams West Jessamine and Wayne County - who may be overrated at this point.
-
Whitley County 75 Williamsburg 37
Why would they run the score up like that? ...
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
According to KHSAA, it was 76-54... Can someone update the title?
-
Corbin 56 South Laurel 55
Corbin barely escaped. At one point, it looked like Corbin would win by 30.
-
Lincoln County 63 West Jessamine 51
This is not the same West Jessamine team, obviously. I don't think they're one of the top three teams, let alone, the best.
-
McCreary Central 76 Wayne County 54
Was a ten-point lead for McCreary at the half, and they just stretched it on out. Dixon led McCreary in scoring, as he made 7 or 8 treys. Stats later.
-
McCreary Central/Wayne County Predictions
No, it isn't the same player. I'm not exactly sure why Dixon was out.
-
McCreary Central/Wayne County Predictions
I hope McCreary wins by 50. But they won't. I think Wayne comes in and makes it a game. I'm not predicting a score.
-
Southwestern 66 Somerset 48
Southwestern has looked impressive early. Mind you, Somerset doesn't have much, but still. A big win over Wayne and Somerset is a good way to start.
-
East Jessamine 55 Lincoln County 49
Lincoln is up and down. I know it is early, but they are very inconsistent. They have the ability to be a good team, though. As the season progressed, I expect them to be right in the hunt.
-
McCreary Central 75 West Jessamine 67
McCreary cannot win the big game. Ooops! Good game by Raider Rob and the team. That's the win they needed.