Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. 9-5 Jackson with 6 for SC.. SC rebounding is huge.
  2. The Raiders struggled against the press in the second half of the LexCath game and whenever Male started pressing in late in the third in that game. I hope McCreary has learned a way to beat it since then.
  3. The Raiders host the Cardinals on Monday night in Stearns. The Raiders, ranked 18th in the state by BGP, are continuing their great season that already includes wins over Male, Seneca, and others. How will they handle the Cardinals, and can they keep it close?
  4. Final. Raiders host Scott Co., Ky on Monday.
  5. I have to agree. I do think there are a fair share of bad teams in the 12th this season, maybe more than usual. But I also think that most teams can beat anyone else in the region. Add to that, some of the upper echelon teams in the 12th have posted good wins for the region.
  6. The Raiders keep on rolling. I honestly feel this may in fact be their year.
  7. I thought most teams in that district were pretty doggone even, with maybe a slight, slight edge to Rock. Good win for Pulaski.
  8. But like what has been said, I am wondering about right now. McCreary started out 0-2, with the very first game of the season against Mercer. The team wasn't in shape (Watts and Roark were big on the football scene - but the same can be said about Mercer, I assume). Mercer also proved they were good early last season as they took McCreary to two overtimes in Stearns. Perhaps Mercer has their number, or perhaps Mercer starts out strong and then fades. I think in last seasons region tournament, Lincoln County had the mental edge on everyone. McCreary steamrolled East Jessamine and had an extremely hard fought and emotion win against Lincoln. On the opposite end, West walked through their side and had not just spent all of their energy in their previous matchup. A couple of questionable calls under the basket secured the win for West. I think McCreary finally got the monkey off their back last season by finally winning the district (the first time since 1990) even though they probably had the best team the past five seasons. Additionally, the years prior to last, McCreary had a cupcake packed schedule that they ran over. Last season, they beefed up their schedule including hosting J-Town and just falling by 13. Again this year, the Raiders have improved their schedule with the likes of Seneca, Male, LexCath, Scott County and others while basically losing nothing from last seasons squad - there aren't many 12th Region teams that can say the same.
  9. I think I said 14 because that is the total amount of games. Typo and it was my bad. I apologize. Rob upgraded the schedule last season and I think it helped come tournament time. It's even more upgraded this season and hopefully they do not peak too soon. That said, there are plenty of interesting games left this season.
  10. Nice publicity for the Raiders. I had not even seen that yet.
  11. They play at LexCath later this year just against the Knights - not Nicholasville, I know. He is a great player overall. His free throw shooting has dropped just a bit, but right around 85%. A great slasher and perimeter shooter. He has some defensive moments that really stand out. He can get to the whole and post up pretty easy. He needs to be more assertive at times.
  12. How good are the Raiders? They're 10-2 over their last 14 with wins over some of the top ten ranked teams in the state and their two losses to LexCath and a top ten Florida team Blanche Ely, from Miami, Fl.. They are also proving they may be the best in the 12th. Wins against Seneca and Male at LexCath tournament. Hazard and West Jessamine are also both good wins, with West Jessamine's in Nicholasville. Are they a top 25 team in the state?
  13. I didn't know Male lost to McCreary Central at LexCath Tourney. McCreary beat both Seneca and Male.
  14. Hmm.. What is it with Greenup County and their coaches? Honestly - I'm not too familiar with both, but read plenty about Greenup here on BGP.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.