Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan
-
Casey County 45 Pulaski County 41
I know most of the teams in this district are evenly matched, but with Casey and Rockcastle going to the region tournament, it is still a shock.
-
Greatest Upsets in District Tournament Play
Southwestern (4-14) over McCreary Central (25-4) last year by one point. McCreary, too, was a favorite to win the region.
-
Danville 55 Garrard County 46
This reminds me of McCreary Central last year. A team chalked full of seniors, having a terrific year, and then getting upset in the first round of districts. I hate it for Garrard. If they could have made it past this game, they had a great opportunity at a region championship.
-
East Jessamine 62 Mercer County 60
Wow. That must have been a dandy. East will have a tough game with West tomorrow.
-
Rockcastle County 58 Somerset 49
Somerset was left with NOTHING. They are very, very young. He had them playing much better than they would have. Somerset will be good in the next few years.
-
Rockcastle County 58 Somerset 49
Rockcastle moves on for a spot in the 47th title game, and a spot in the region tournament.
-
Elliott County 73 East Carter 68 Final
East gave Elliot a little more than they were expecting.
-
Whitley vs. South Laurel
Wright is one of the best coaches in the state. South by 12.
-
Elliott County Front Page ESPN
My pleasure. Elliot County, by Forde
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
I've seen their gym. It doesn't seem very large, if it is true that it holds 4,000. Seems smaller than Wayne/McCreary.
-
45th District: 2/Garrard County vs. 3/Danville (2/25)
I want to say Garrard, but they have never been there before. However, neither has Danville. I think Garrard gets revenge for their home loss and wins this one 65-55.
-
McCreary Central vs. Southwestern 48th District 2/26
Who would have thunk it? :thumb::lol:
-
McCreary Central vs. Southwestern 48th District 2/26
McCreary Central and Southwestern will play Thursday night for a spot in the district championship game and a trip to the region tournament. Each team won on the other teams home court this year. After a struggling season, McCreary has won 4 of their last 5 with wins at Montgomery County and Paul Dunbar. Southwestern is 6-2 since the first for February. Stats: -McCreary Central --Offensive PPG: 65.6 --Defensive PPG: 59.5 -Southwestern --Offensive PPG: 55.1 --Defensive PPG: 50.1 Both teams are much lower in PPG output than in past seasons. Against eachother? McCreary Central 105 points. Southwestern 107 points. Who do you have? McCreary is playing much better after being very battle-tested. With that, I've got the Raiders. McCreary Central 77-68
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 13th Region Contest
Corbin
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 12th Region Contest
McCreary Central
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
They will still have everyone except Schrock, including Watts. Surely with another year of experience, they'll get better.
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
Lincoln has proved that they have been the best program the last two years, but after this year, I wonder how they'll do?
-
McCreary Central
Whatever you say. :thumb:
-
McCreary Central
With a player like Watts, and the length of McCreary, I will take my chances. If need be, Watts can take the game over.
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
I don't it even holds that much. But McCreary plays very well on offense and shoots the lights out in that building.
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
McCreary plays well in Monticello's gym, if that is where it is being held.
-
Who will win the 12th Region?
45: Lincoln, Garrard. 46: West Jessamine, East Jessamine. 47: Pulaski, Somerset 48: Wayne, McCreary I think this is the year that the Raiders finally break through. That team is very dangerous and look to be getting this together after a tough regular season.
-
McCreary Central
Yes, that is who I meant.
-
McCreary Central
For the past two years, McCreary Central has boasted a gaudy record but some could say their schedule was a little "padded." This season, McCreary started a new season with a boat-load of new, tough teams and a very young team. Pike County Central (2) Lexington Catholic Dyer County, TN (#1 in AA in TN) Trinity Jeffersontown Anderson County Paul Dunbar Montgomery County Woodford County And their 12th region schedule. This season, their record is far from perfect. But will this tougher schedule help these Raiders down the stretch? Hopefully.
-
McCreary Central 54 Montgomery County 52
Nice, close win on the road. Don't look now, but the Raiders may be turning themselves around...