Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville 55 Garrard County 46

Featured Replies

For Garrard...

 

14-57 from the field, 25%

3-24 from three, 13%

 

Numbers like that don't make regional tournaments.

Wow! this is a shock to me!

 

Congrats to Danville... Go Patriots for another district title! (Fingers crossed)

I was impressed by Danville's ability to pull this one out despite the subpar offensive performance from Jacody Taylor. Kruz Warner and Miles Kingsley came up huge tonight for Danville.

What is Garrard's record to finish the season?

How does it rank in school history?

What is Garrard's record to finish the season?

How does it rank in school history?

 

20 wins, tied for 1st all time. The amazing part is that Taylor only had six, and Danville won.

I know everyone says this every year BUT I really hate it for those seniors. People that don't know them are missing out on some of the best kids this state has. Really good basketball players but tremendous young men!

I just hate it because Garrard Co. goes back in reverse. This was their year to compete (atleast I thought so).

I know everyone says this every year BUT I really hate it for those seniors. People that don't know them are missing out on some of the best kids this state has. Really good basketball players but tremendous young men!

 

You are exactly right. Those six boys are just wonderful kids to have taught, coached, supported, and just known. I'm proud of them, but would have loved to seen them at the regional.

This reminds me of McCreary Central last year. A team chalked full of seniors, having a terrific year, and then getting upset in the first round of districts. I hate it for Garrard. If they could have made it past this game, they had a great opportunity at a region championship.

I think Garrard just flat ran out of gas. It seems they were never the same team after the "ice storm". Of course, when you only play five kids, you are putting yourself in danger of this happening.

 

Still, a great season for the Golden Lions.

I think Garrard just flat ran out of gas. It seems they were never the same team after the "ice storm". Of course, when you only play five kids, you are putting yourself in danger of this happening.

 

Still, a great season for the Golden Lions.

 

You are right, but they also had mostly home games prior to the ice storm against district teams and them away games post ice storms. That was the difference in my mind.

You are right, but they also had mostly home games prior to the ice storm against district teams and them away games post ice storms. That was the difference in my mind.

 

Maybe, but they did win at Danville on January 3 and lost at home to the Ads in their first game, post-ice storm. Garrard won at home over Boyle and Lincoln, pre-storm. They also won at Boyle the night after losing to Danville.

 

I don't think the ice storm had much of an affect on the district games. It did force some close rescheduling, however, that probably led to tired legs.

But bottom line, Danville plays the absolute worst style for Garrard. Physical, quick defense against a slower Garrard team made it hard for the spread/cut offense to work well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.