Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WoodyJr

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WoodyJr

  1. Come on, first you steal one of our former players to coach (results easy to see! - obviously the kids are working hard too) Now you expect us to let you guys just walk to the 16th finals where you could beat the lions - AGAIN. Oh, wait a second now. Let me rethink this ..........
  2. Hummmmm...... Lets see now, TOMCATS versus anything else you do still have Tubby, right?
  3. Well AtLeast you could go on to state exactly what you are talking about. ...unless THAT would be you "judging" :lol: Woody Jr
  4. I got your back Rambler. But I'm guessing that he was just trying for a humorous post (unless you guys have a sorid past?). There have been some recent threads about some people passing others in number of posts on BGP - I guess its a sort of friendly competition and banter. Perhaps he was trying to bug TBF? but I dont think it was a negative towards you at all. Actually it might be more of a compliment on your active input on the matters of the world;) - or at least our most important corner of it:D :thumb: :ylsuper: Keep on posting and having fun:jump: and one more thing.............. GO TOMCATS , beat those dastardly ramblers :devil: :banana: :ylsuper: :thumb: :ylsuper: :banana: :D Tomcat Cheers, Woody Jr
  5. Folks screaming that it's unjust or unfair that #'s 1/2 and 7/8 were left untouched and then not just insinuating, but basically stating that they &/or others were somehow obviously wronged is just plain comical.:lol: (some other qualifiers could be used but I don't want to detract from the issue with something that could be mistaken as personal) As an Ashland fan in one end of the state I have always advocated some sort of a rotation scheme. Perhaps some would dismiss my view b/c we historically were hooked up with Lex in its prime, then No KY - always primed:D but I just thought it would enliven and strenghten KY HS football overall. Thats what should be our main issue. Whether someone "usually" loses to an particular region or even wins regularly, either one - it still gets old and stale. I have liked the idea of different matchups as a way of seeing other teams, styles of play, and strengthening connections between schools, coaches, players - especially ones you may have heard about but never had the opportunity to compete against. How many times do you see on here that a former HS player starts reminiscing about that unusual matchup they played years ago? Lets try for more of "those" memories, not just the 6th time we played Joe Schmoe [Yes I know there are repeats in the first 2 rounds - theres also an upset factor that is now a fun? part of the equation as well] Final point to those whining that silly complaint that #'s 1/2 7/8 are soooo benefited by being excluded from the draw. I suggest that you are yelling without taking the time to think out the argument completely.:sssh: Again as an Ashland fan, we are (I think:D ) still projected to play the same 3rd round as always right? Well that means if we would be fortunate enough to advance, we would face the Rock/Bell/Mad So/Clay region winner. Since I personally feel Rock strongly deserves consideration to be the #1 3A team (NO slight to any others) this means we get to KEEP possibly the most difficult matchup possible. No one can argue that we would be benefited in any way by recent KHSAA actions:irked: . Thats OK I like our playing the best teams - thats the only way you can measure yourself on where you want to go:thumb: . I believe this does help demonstrate what a complete crock it is for anyone to just reflexively state that its somehow unfair, crooked, or fixed that KHSAA manipulated the process for anyones benefit.:creepy: Please get over it and lets play football people. Enough with the conspiracy theories :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
  6. Good to hear your input O wise one. Even better about our staff question. Having a great head coach is important but the number of great assistants we have says as much about the future of the Tomcat program as anything. Just wish it were a little more like the pros where we could pay then more as incentive. Woody Jr
  7. You are correct but we're treading that confusing line of what & where is Eastern KY. He asked for SOUTH eastern so we didnt jump in. I think the legislature needs a bill clarifying what is eastern KY :lol: :lol:
  8. How does anyone know that having #1 vs 2, #7 vs. 8 isnt actually worse on THEM than if they were to get anyone else??? Folks are complaining about "fairness" without any idea of what the actuality is. Sure at face value you would like to have all 8 in the hopper b/c in simple terms it seems "fair". In reality each class and district is "randomly" effected by doing it the way they did. Woody Jr
  9. Thats basically what I was asking about. You still have X T dominating their class (which is smaller , hence even LESS likely to avoid them in playoffs). I'm not for a split, but I dont automatically lean towards carving up our whole system just to keep from losing a few teams from the majority. I understand the #'s issue at the 1A level BUT really, how much bigger is Beechwood(compared to say Paintsville/Pikeville) who plays with the big boys year in and year out? Is it that pertinent an issue that we need a 16 team 1A division? We just lost Harrodsbug and to look at education realistically, more consolidations are just a question of when? - not if IMO. In the superclass, (which seems to make "some" more sense) will the other teams in there be satisfied and more importantly, will this help "their" programs - thats how we should view this I feel. How is a superclass going to make things any different for the teams put in there with them? Isnt it simply a rearranging the deck chairs type stategy? Re; the public/private issue and related factors: I had previously mentioned the idea of a criteria / point system for avoiding a split and possibly using the addition of 1 more class for some flexibility on the top end. If you designate the various factors which are of importance in addressing a level? playing field, such as say; open borders, financial aid, enrollment, all male(etc), # of student/athletes transfering into a school per each grade(9.10.11.12)/per year(s) and any other number of factors chosen by a panel/board/comittee? Then assign a point value to each factor and if a school accumulates a certain point level they would be bumped into a higher classification. Even regular publics would be held accountable by counting students who transfer in to play sports, same sex schools would have the 1.5?? multiplier, and Im sure others could critique this and add more nuanced points than stated here. [my thoughts on this share an idea with how the NCAA developed a point system on graduation rates - where if you fall below a certain point level you lose scholarships, etc. My idea is simply adding points on a scale] This would eliminate a split based purely on numbers and allow us to factor in everything that people say truely effects competition. Obviously not everyone will agree on all the factors and possible values assigned to them, but then the people making the rules now are not too popular and at least we would be acknowledging the various things that can create imbalances "out in the open" with some semblance of accountability rather than leaving people questioning the what/why/how behind the scenes. No one ever responded to my point last year but I'm hoping some folks can take this and give some good feedback and/or maybe use to create an even better idea. The more I think about a straight numbers splitup of either kind (public/private OR 5/6 classes with just 16 teams in a class) the less I think this is helping at all. So if you move T X up & out, whose to say another teams doesnt just fill the vacumm and dominate the new class just as much as they did? What is the argument going to be? Sheer numbers are not the way to do this IMO. there are too many examples of smaller number schools consistantly being a major power in a class regardless of the hot button issues argued about on BGP, etc. (Beechwood & Highlands just off the top of my head) Thought-fully, or partially anyway;) Woody Jr
  10. Was that a huge cheer I heard coming from cannonsburg?? :confused:
  11. I wish you casual HS football fans would quit wasting space on here for all the true devotees:rolleyes: OBVIOUSLY I am joking. Wow, what a great football fan, but better yet - a supporter. :thumb::thumb: I wish I was your neighbor;) Hope you have a great season! Woody Jr
  12. Ive been reading everyone's comments about expansion, spilts, etc. If there are serious concerns about diluting competition over more classes, we are doing so because of what seems to be basically 3 or 4 schools - is that correct? There doesnt seem to be even close to a perfect answer?? If there were a split how many schools does that seriously remove from competition? I dont favor it but if you believe a change in classes is that momumental, don't you need to look at the alternative as well? Just asking - no need for anyone to get snippy Woody Jr
  13. Yeah they had a nice article on him playing for the Brooklyn Cyclones in the New York Post last year Woody Jr
  14. if I have it correct .... 11 weeks from today(Mon. May 29) is the 1st "Game Week" of preparation Friday August 18 is 11 weeks from this coming Friday Cheers, Woody Jr
  15. .....see above discussions for past several days
  16. MANY Northeast KY fans would probably say Ashland's 75 JAWS team playing Bryan Station(their glory years) in the playoffs. Help me Cats fans if I got any details wrong Rick Sang was returning a punt down the home sidelines for a TD right in front of the Ashland fan section. A BS player had the angle and was just about to tackle Sang when Chuck Anderson (QB/LB - YES, QB/LB!!) peeled back and destroyed the kid. Helmet rolled to the wall and a hush fell over the stadium. The kid did not get up and went out in an ambulance as I recall. If I've embelished this with age please feel free to say so, but until Cannoys hit this year there has never been anything close to Chucks hit that night IMO. (Chuck & Greg Jackson went on to West Point and he's now a high rank - general??) Lets hear some corraboration from you old(er):sssh: Tomcats. :dancingpa Cheers, Woody Jr
  17. It seems by the reaction of your coach and the fact that the referees suspended the rest of the half due to emotions that some others might disagree with you Woody Jr
  18. FLIPPER, Why do you start a thread like this and then not post your own opinion ? :confused: :confused: :confused: Woody Jr
  19. Disagree - do you not understand that they had 3 different combinations possible in the draw? Woody Jr
  20. In response to the paranoia running rampant, I had mentioned several times on here that I guessed KHSAA had eliminated the 1/2 regions from being pulled opposite the #7/8 regions which would make for a higher probability of what was posted true. Todays newspaper article demonstrates that KHSAA DID narrow down the possibilities in advance and actually did so more than I thought. They only allowed for a #3 to pull a 4, 5, or 6 region as a way of limiting travel, etc. So there you have it conspiracy theorists. Yes KHSAA would have done themselves a monumental publicty favor with more transparency(as the politio's say) in conducting this process. Yes it's not a completely random draw without all districts included but it still aloowed for 3 different possibilities and makes sense. I feel it's a poor idea to prearrange a bracket according to the strengths of particular teams - period. Otherwise we need to go to a statewide ratings system and seed ALL games like Ohio. You either go all the way or not at all IMO. Woody Jr
  21. Perhaps you are confusing respect with disappointment ? Unless a coach is disrespectful of his current employer or underhanded in some way then its not fair to lower your respect for someone IMHO. Often as diehard fans we let our emotions get in the way and confuse these two. Coaches are no different than school administrators, bank officials, business professionals, or a tradesman; they are entitiled to pursue their career the same as rest of us. On the other side a school can also lose respect in the way they handle coach searches and the hiring process. I think most of us often dont know what goes on behind the scenes and form opinions based on conjecture or personal feelings. When you see schools have a hard time keeping or getting quality coaches, or recycyling coaches on a regular basis you may want to consider its because some do not trust or feel comfortable with how that school has handled matters in the past. Coaches do talk you know;) Coach Love is an important part of Ashland's success and seems to be more than just a coach to his players. It would be a great loss but Ashland fans would have to be proud of him whatever he chooses- as is the case with the rest of our current staff. Lets hope we have coach Love on our sidelines for a great 2006 season :thumb: :thumb: :dancingpa Tomcat Cheers, Woody Jr
  22. Anyone care to predict who the various starting pitchers will be ? Woody Jr
  23. Is this the fate that awaits Woody Jr if he trys to rent a car in Lousiville ?:scared: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SNAKE_RENTAL?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-05-27-06-55-06 Woody Jr
  24. Does the picture look like the state is divided inhalf at Louisville is all I was saying. Do you think it doesnt say that? Woody Jr
  25. OK we're starting to get somewhere :thumb: Schools are for education - thats our main point (allegedly) By having open enrollment in the larger more heavily populated areas (I havent heard anyone outside of Lou Lex report this?) [No Ky seems to have whole diff makeup with a very wide variety of school sizes 1-4A - perhaps this keeps them from trying to kill each other off so to speak?] does this not risk the smaller, weaker performing schools, with less parent and/or extra support being run down farther and farther? I know magnet schools have been created as a tool to try and reinvent or rejuvenate certain schools {I recall Bryan Station being down pretty low and many very concerned about its future - then they established themselves as a magnet) but what if that doesnt work and also what if our education system becomes a "tiered" setup where certain people can get a superior education and the rest cannot - simply b/c they are at the bottom of the "criteria" created for those better schools? How is THAT an equal education for all our public school children??? I feel with the way education is in our country that this is going to become more& more of an issue. The heck with athletics - thats probably going to become an outside funded paraprofessional endeavor b/c no one will have enough money to pay for basic education let alone sports. we already see that with music, etc. I know in NYC the Giants and organizations ahve created a "take the field" iniative to flat out build sports faciklites b/c many schools had zilch or else krapola. lets here some more from folks who have some good info Woody Jr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.