Everything posted by WoodyJr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
I didnt say anything about your neck:confused:
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Who voted for what exactly ?
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
english ???
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
OK so THIS year they play. Tough luck man. Where do we send the flowers?:cry: Was Manual planning on beating the big 3 this year, or was it next year, or the year after? When have they done anything? How does this change the future for Manual? Isn't it the same old song - except for the NEW excuse now Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
WHAT are you talking about :confused: :confused: :confused:
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
:laugh: :laugh: EKy isnt up in arms, we're just having fun watching the big city folk whine and cry
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
They just weren't valid in terms of what we were addressing
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
gt, you dont have to get personal. Why is it everytime someone wont give up debating a point you want to turn it into a name calling thing? You have good points to bring up - theres no need to get personal about it. Why are you guys presenting all your arguments as basically a fact that teams will be forced to play three staright playoff games against the big 3??? There is a coin flip after the first 2 rounds right? So the odds are much higher that they will draw anyone BUT the other Louisville region simply due to the sheer mathematical odds - am I right? Woody Jr P.S. Ashland has had tough road many times. We used to face Boone Co regularly and that was when we had the #'s to drop down in class. We were opposite HHS/Cov cath many years (& took out lumps often, very often:cry:) but we didnt whine and cry about it. The year we won it all '90 Cov Cath got beat before we could get to them and the year after I believe Bell built upon their loss to us the previous playoff and they won it that year '91. we also lost to StX in the Lou vs.atLarge game - we did what we could and started over the next year. I/we are not ignorant of the rest of the state - reghardless of what some seem to believe ocasionally;) Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
I don't need to bone up on my 4A - I dont have a 4A to bone up on, i prefer other more delicate .... never mind:laugh: I like how you have been using a very very big IF to automatically argue in all your posts that some teams will now be forced to play 3 straight playoff games against the big 3. If you will be honest, iot seems that you will have to admit that they will NOT exactly be forced to play the big 3 now will they???? After 2 games its coin flip isn't it? Doesnt this mean that 2 Louisville teams could be playing in the finals? Someone please correct me if I read it wrong Or do you guys think there is a conspiracy and it will automatically come up for the other louisville group? Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Come on gt, don't keep changing the issue. This point was brought up concerning the 2 best teams not playing before the final game in college ball. I simply showed how it has happened regularly. It also happens MOST of the time in KHSAA. It's just that some people only want to talk about a couple schools in Louisville. Sure there have been GREAT games played between them in the finals. But there have been great games played between them at all other times as well. More importantly, there have been truely GREAT games in 1A, GREAT games in 2A, and GREAT games in 3A finals even though the KHSAA has NEVER set up the brackets to insure what somebody thinks is the 2 best teams in the finals. Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
MY BAD on my posting that 02Ram responded in 1 place when he did not respond until the final post. I confused him with Ram95. My apologies This however does not change the basic facts. Rockpride started the issue and 02Ram jumped in to dismiss it without followign the thread. 02Ram you DID argue a point that we were NOT addressing Here it is corrected (I hope i havent confused any other rams) Well 02, Rockpride made the original post on this bringing up college teams: You all are actually satisfied with a diluted championship? Sounds lovely... I wish that Texas would've played USC in October, then played Baylor in the Rose Bowl. I responded with this: If they were in the same "District: (Big 12, PAC 10, Big 10, SEC) they WOULD have played in October !! Ram95 posted this: Not for the championship. So I posted several examples of where I felt the other side was wrong: The point I was trying to make is that sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same "district" [in college that means conference; SEC, PAC10, etc] So.... they probably play in October - maybe Nov. Didnt Texas & Oklahoma play as #1 and #2 a couple years ago? Havent Fla St & Miami beem #1 and #2 playing BEFORE the bowls Weren't Ohio State and that team up north #1 and #2 many times in the old days for their traditional matchup? MY point obviously is that the 2 best teams don't traditionally match up always in the final game - they frequently play BEFORE. and you know what... the best team usually wins no matter when they play So despite my valid and dare I say 100% correct points that 02Ram chose not to acknowledge in any way, 02Ram declared: You can't use College ball as an analogy. No playoff. It's all subjective. My points were exactly correct in response to what others posted - as usual:laugh: Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Makes more sense than taking teams that are what, within 25 miles of each other and create some sort of illusion that they are in 2 different parts if the state. :lol: :lol: yeah right a child of 3 can see how ridiculous that is Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Sure
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
If you're counting regular season games - theres nothing I can do about that. Change your reg season schedule if you dont like it. Where is the 3rd playoff game against the super powers? The way I read this the first 2 rounds would be intra-division then a draw - thats 2 games? Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Well 02, Rockpride made the original post on this bringing up college teams: You all are actually satisfied with a diluted championship? Sounds lovely... I wish that Texas would've played USC in October, then played Baylor in the Rose Bowl. I responded with this: If they were in the same "District: (Big 12, PAC 10, Big 10, SEC) they WOULD have played in October !! YOU chose to jump in and post this: Not for the championship. So I posted several examples of where I felt you were wrong: The point I was trying to make is that sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same "district" [in college that means conference; SEC, PAC10, etc] So.... they probably play in October - maybe Nov. Didnt Texas & Oklahoma play as #1 and #2 a couple years ago? Havent Fla St & Miami beem #1 and #2 playing BEFORE the bowls Weren't Ohio State and that team up north #1 and #2 many times in the old days for their traditional matchup? MY point obviously is that the 2 best teams don't traditionally match up always in the final game - they frequently play BEFORE. and you know what... the best team usually wins no matter when they play So in response to my valid and dare I say 100% correct points, YOU now declare: You can't use College ball as an analogy. No playoff. It's all subjective. Would you please decide what point it is you want to argue???:confused: Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Are you trying to get a Doyle Jr moniker
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
See this opinion makes the rest of us not care when you guys meet. Again, if you would please step back and look at the KENTUCKY HS Football brackets NOT JUST LOUISVILLE you will see that year in and year out, in the 3 other classes, that it's almost a certainty that the 2 best teams HAVE NOT and WILL NOT meet in the final game. It's just the way it is. The best teams are NOT guaranteed to be in opposite sides of the state. The other 3 classes have had GREAT games too despite this TERRIBLE fact that some seem to feel is the end of the world. Do Louisville folks watch, support, or even admit that the other 3 classes are worth their time?? Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
OK Im listening. How about an example of a team that will have to play the big 3 teams, all in a row, all on the road? and How does it differ drastically from what occurs now? and What has that teams playoff success been in the recent past? Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Come on now gt. Theres no need to ridicule programs. I sense that most of those seeming to favor this new idea are not even opponents of the big 3. We are looking at it in terms of the whole state - at least I hope we are;) Im perfectly willing change my mind on certain points. As I tried to say elsewhere - I don't believe there is one perfect solution. I just feel like many of the points raised against this idea are based ONLY on how it effects their teams chances. Not all, but a good amount. Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
The point I was trying to make is that sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same "district" [in college that means conference; SEC, PAC10, etc] So.... they probably play in October - maybe Nov. Didnt Texas & Oklahoma play as #1 and #2 a couple years ago? Havent Fla St & Miami beem #1 and #2 playing BEFORE the bowls Weren't Ohio State and that team up north #1 and #2 many times in the old days for their traditional matchup? MY point obviously is that the 2 best teams don't traditionally match up always in the final game - they frequently play BEFORE. and you know what... the best team usually wins no matter when they play:thumb: Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
No, No, NO ... I'm NOT writing off anyones opinion or view of anything. You're opinion is as valid as anyone else:thumb: Sorry if i came across that way:cry: Admittedly I DO sometimes get annoyed with certain smartaleck comments and fire back:sssh: I think you're saying that overall football will be hurt in Louisville b/c the schools will have to face a tougher gauntlet of games - right? I had mentioned elsewhere that Ive always felt teams will rise to meet a power in their midst (so to speak). Now if some people or schools (admin's?)there believe that is not possible, then there IS a problem. Is this what your getting at? If this is true?, I just feel that the state brackets are the least of those schools problems. Maybe that seems selfish or dismissive but darn it, if some of you guys can't or wont do what is necessary to at least get competitive, then why should the rest of the state spend time worrying about it? If a large chunk of Louisville schools have never really advanced much as it is, what are we debating? It seems like just a hypothetical rather than anything real. Now if the situation exists whereby certain schools find it 100% impossible to become competitive with a few schools then I believe other more serious issues need to be addressed rather than a playoff bracket. I mean it's great to win but HS sports is about competing, teamwork, discipline, ..you know the list:thumb: Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
If they were in the same "District: (Big 12, PAC 10, Big 10, SEC) they WOULD have played in October !! Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
gt, when time could you give me a little background on why it hurts NKy 4A football? I have felt like NKY and some others are beginning to get on the right track to break up the dominance. Maybe Im wrong I was always curious if the opening of Ryle isnt what "delayed" NKY's improvement somewhat. Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
Does anyone else feel that with these automatic matchups between district teams in the first 2 rounds that the chances for a lower seed to pull the upset are much higher because it's more of a familiar "local" rival and/or someone they have a great grudge/rivalry with ?? I'm going with the premise that since so many always say it's hard to beat a team twice, that the #1 & #2 seeds may not like this setup as much because they will have to face a more "heated" emotional game TWICE as opposed to more of a "detached" playoff game.:confused: [i admit that sometimes a 1/4 rematch can possible be a worse blowout and maybe the lower seeds are psyched out, and in some cases there may be less hope or interest. I also admit that playing the opposite district can be any or all of the above. I'm just throwing this out for some contemplation - not as a 100% fact] If higher seeds do normally prevail I can see some tremendous 2nd round games (even if they are rematches!). Look back at your teams playoff matchups the last several years. Would a #1 vs #2 rematch(or other combo) be a good game or a bad game? Do you think you could have beat the other district teams the 2nd time around and got yourself into a blind draw playoff matchup? It sounds rather interesting to me to give it a try. Lets not scream about change smply because its different :dancingpa Woody Jr
-
New football playoff format would pit Louisville schools...
That would be great - as per Ohio Just not sure that we have enough support throughout and good enough fields (though I think facilities have/are greatly improved in EKy) Perhaps that would be one way of increasing interest across the state though ?? Woody Jr