Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WoodyJr

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WoodyJr

  1. I stirred up a "hornets nest":laugh: last year when I critiqued Blumes performance in the Ashland game. Its so hard to differentiate; best HS back, potential for college, explosiveness, catching the ball, inside/outside, style of offense, # of carries, # of years starting, etc. Personally I like a more physical back so I would lean to Beach. My ONLY 1 game opinion of Blume was that he reminded me of a track man in pads. By every account he is a really hard working, first class young man. I even heard coach Hart make some very nice post-game personal compliments of Blume - beyond just his performance on the field. Hope he gets the opportunity to play college - but there IS more to life than football :thumb: Woody Jr
  2. Is there anyone else who feels that the future of KY is more consolidations? That would mean fewer & fewer 1A and/or 2A schools and more & more 4A schools probably (or 5A??) ie., a 16 team 1A division could maybe find itself real short soon? Just asking b/c I had heard no one mention the possibility of Harrodsburg's loss anytime this topic was discussed Woody Jr
  3. I sense you are not familiar with the number of injuries Beach fought through? and there was that issue of coaching that a few questioned;) Also, Arliss has done the book work:thumb: For a kid to go to college he has to be academically suited for that institution as well. I have no idea how/where Blume fits in. Woody Jr
  4. Nice points Diogenes, ?????'s: What do we consider "advancing deep in the playoffs"? When was the last time Manual (or any non big 3) advanced [in the current or previous setup]? At first glance, I have no problem with the KHSAA taking a split of the privates playoff monies (as well as all playoff $) as long as they provide travel and hosting fees first Woody Jr
  5. 02Ram 54, Sorry, I guess I just missed the answer to my previous question that you say plenty of posters can see. Was it a yes or a no ? I don't have a map with the various schools shown so I can't sit down and suggest anything re; a 1/2 and 1/2 split. I believe someone else suggested an idea on it but I wasnt concerning myself with that point. If I can offer a different way to split the 4A in halves I will do so for discussion. Generally I like some idea involving a rotation for varietys sake. I see things from a different view b/c I am NOT focusing all my attention on how just 1 district/city/county is affected - I'm looking at it in terms of the overall state:cool: I think that #3 & 4 teams should just feel lucky that they even get to participate in the playoffs. Theres is no standard or justification to do so - the KHSAA just decided to make up this arrangment and we've been using it for some time. Its not like 3 & 4 seeds have this unalienable right to the playoffs that is a part of the soul & fabric of the Commonwealth. Some districts are killers. Some districts are just downright weak. Some fluctuate. As an Ashland fan I have seen out team go from winning 3A with one of the biggest title game spreads to then having really down years where all 4 of our seeds lost to No KY teams. recently we have matched agaisnt the mountains and are on the upswing along with several of our district partners. You guys are sitting next to powerhouse teams - NO one is questioning this. But from out in the state a common feeling could be summed up as: let those local teams deal with the powers in their own backyard before they send them out across the state. If you can't control your own backyard (ie, compete with close neighbors) then you simply do not deserve a manipulation in the playoff bracket to enable you to "win one more measly game and get an extra week of practice". The cold hard facts are; if you arent good enough to beat those guys(in ANY order) then no one cares. It's called life. Take your medicine like many, many other schools do, and learn to like it or stop taking it. Woody Jr
  6. I don't think it makes a twit of difference, I think most coaches & teams are busting their butts as hard as they can regardless of who they play, when, where, and the brouhaha surrounding it. Talk is cheap and the best teams just go out and do their best IMO It's too easy for us on the side or after the fact to deign some psychological or mystical rumblings to these things. Woody Jr
  7. 02Ram54, I give up on the first question - you wont or cant answer fro some reason:confused: How about this: Do you agree with what the KHSAA has "already been doing" : - the #3 and #4 seeds eligible for the playoffs as opposed to just the top 2 teams - having X and T in opposite halves of the state (despite the fact they are closer to each other than an incredibly large # of the other schools) Woody Jr
  8. Ive never used the recruiting word like other people. Sure it happens some, but most of what I think people get in a twist about consists primarily of great programs naturally drawing the talented kids. Whether it be football, track, basketball, swimming, music, science, math - many, many kids just gravitate towards what they perceive as the best team or environment (which they want to be a part of). Just coaching youth leagues Ive been amazed at the pressure of kids & parents trying to be on what they perceive as "the" team. I think we've all seen it. Woody Jr
  9. Do it just like "Friday Night Lights" Pick some Applebees (or good $ sponsor) and get the coins out:banana: Woody Jr
  10. I understand, I've repeatedly said I understand someone doesnt like playing these guys in a row Your arguments weak spot as I see it: We DON'T have any #1 through whatever seeds This isnt like the NCAA basketball. It's not even like Ohio HS football. Its playoff vs. teams in your district, then region, then so forth and so on. Just b/c you've had the luck of a system taking the 3rd and 4th best teams and letting them play another district for a few years does nor mean that is the standard from which we start the debate, nor does it mean that is the correct fair way to do it. it just happens to be what was in place the lasy few years. WoodyJr
  11. Again I ask : 02Ram54, So is it your argument basically that before a playoff bracket is setup, that the powers to be(KHSAA) examine the strength of teams and then make sure that those teams are not aligned in a way that some other team would have to play them several weeks in a row? That seems to be your argument as I see it - do I have it correct before I proceed? Woody Jr
  12. With playoff schools keeping the monies that means the rich get richer - correct? A stronger KHSAA could be a better more efficient KHSAA(more investigators) - right? well we can hope can't we KHSAA could pay travel expenses and hosting expenses then take a cut if they want to make all schools stronger financially. One point in comparison is that Ohio plays all playoff games at neutral sites. Woody Jr
  13. What if they only took the top 2 teams for the playoffs? Lots of people have been saying that since we went to this format. I don't remember before this(last years), what was Manuals road like? Woody Jr
  14. This is exactly what I mentioned when people started complaining about lackluster 'repeat" games. I questioned if it wouldn't instead create a spark for those lower seeded teams to push for the playoffs and try to get revenge (so to speak) and result in lots of obvious rivalry games where anything can happen. Those are usually fun to watch - except for the top dog who isnt ready to play;) Woody jr
  15. guru, I've seen this mantra often repeated whenever this subject arises. Someone else noted the question of whether any student accepted would be eligible by KHSAA. I think with the state of education in America that private schools(religious or otherwise) will only become more plentiful and this "problem" more difficult. I havent seen anyone go on to discuss why public schools (the majority??) impose this standard. Is/was it a courtesy between districts, funding reasons, political boundaries, what? It just seems that these rules are not in place because they want to limit their ability to get good students (that is the reason for schools people - not sports per se) Anyway, seeing the "guru mantra" again piqued my interest in that Woody Jr
  16. 02Ram54, So is it your argument basically that before a playoff bracket is setup, that the powers to be(KHSAA) examine the strength of teams and then make sure that those teams are not aligned in a way that some other team would have to play them several weeks in a row? That seems to be your argument as I see it - do I have it correct before I proceed? Woody Jr
  17. With corresponding respect RRR, Disagree. My experience on here is that when I stick to the facts (yes - as I see them) and focus on exactly what someone types, then some folks get frustrated and get emotional, either posting personal comments or accusing me of something. Rather than post that I "have twisted the arguments" which demonstrates nothing but your opinion(which is as fair as mine) - I would only ask that instead you show what I typed and how it twisted something. I mean thats only fair isnt it? If you and I have our wires crossed then we need to focus on exactly what is said and then go back and try to express our personal view in better detail so others can understand what we mean. That is what Ive tried to do. as I have noted, i believe I have acknowledged certain points of others along the way and noted they might be right (a KHSAA idea to avoid the split). I agreed that the trail set up for Manual, et al is vicious THIS year. I have debated anyone presenting it as ifs that way every year. I have debated anyone suggesting that Manual et al have so much worse a road than some others (my example has been Cov Holmes et al who have good programs but ALWAYS have to face Highlands, Cov cath, then say Lex Cath (now), Rock/Bell?? just to get to the finals) They havent been able to do that ridiculous path so far despite some good teams and perhaps someone there thinks its been unfair to them for MANY years - but i havent heard about it. Perhaps b/c you have had it the other way you feel a change is "unfair" but no one says the other way is the right way. I also understand Lou 4A folks thinking the field should be split in half geographically. I think it is "at least" as reasonable to think it's silly to have teams that are maybe 25 miles apart?? believe they should deserve to be opposite each other for eternity (so to speak) personally I'd like to see a rotation of plans periodically - including Louisville against the state. I think there is nothing wrong with that being one of the plans used. None are 100% correct - we just try to consider the WHOLE state and ALL 4 classes in our discussions IMO Woody Jr
  18. Ram95, I just want to say.......... that is a fantastic explanation of your view. I have been wondering why we were not getting anywhere. Give me some time to read through these threads and sI'll ee if I can respond or if youve just completely changed my mind;) well lets not go that far. Woody Jr
  19. ram2003, If you look look through the thread - I am not the one who repeatedly keeps making direct personal comments about others. I debate the facts and specifically on what someone posts here. If anyone cannot keep their comments focused on that, its not my problem. the person above the postyou referenced is the one who chose to increase his personal remarks to pointedly telling me what I can or cannot post on here. FYI: NOT GONNA HAPPEN ! I havent acted like that towards anyone and wont accept it in return. Woody Jr
  20. So who are the 3A teams in that DISTRICT that could do it or have ever done it? Thats what the debate has been about from the Manual folks - that they 7 teams from the X/M district have no shot 0 right? if someone can please show how this is an incorrect comparison i will drop it. I have agreed that this a tough deal for manual, et al and acknowledged that perhaps its simply to avoid the split. No one seems capable of acknowledging ANYTHING beyond Lou's situation Woody Jr
  21. Run along gt, you're not my mom:sleep: you are the boss of no one - get over it Woody Jr
  22. I think you protest too much, that is an awful big club in your hand as well;) How am twisting it? I went down through your post and tried to address it exactly. Please post my statements and show exactly how they twist what you said or mean. I acknowledged your thought on the private/public split didnt I? I asked if I was reading your statement of weakening 4A correctly - You really have not stated a response directly to that as far as I can see. Is it your belief that 4A is weakened b/c of 1 extra week of practice may be lost by SOMEONE? - You guys do not deserve the extra week anymore than any other team - sorry. Is it your belief that 4a is weakened b/c SOME kids/coaches will get discouraged at the prospective schedule and just give up? If so, then I would suggest football be dropped at those schools. Zillions of kids all over the country play football b/c of reasons besides how far they think they can advance in the playoffs. Some never make it at all. Is it your belief that 4A is weakened b/c those 2 best teams aren;t playing the last weekend? Thats not a valid point. What have I missed? tell me and I can agree , acknowledge, or offer a differing viewpoint. Why do you feel that the #3/4 teams in HHS & CCH's own district aren't under as big if not more of a disadvantage than the non big 3 school in Lou?? How can they expect to advance any distance every year when they are facing their road? Are you saying that those teams don't deserve as much right to be able to advance? Is it b/c you think Manual really has a chance to win and thsoe teams don't truely have a chnace so it doesnt matter? i really want to know why you just 'seem" to dismiss this side of the debate/ Woody Jr
  23. :thumb: :thumb: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: Woody jr
  24. I can undersatnd what you mean... If I was doing the draw I would automatically eliminate the 1/2 vs 7/8 matchup possibilities before drawing (& never have that combo in the rotation due to travel). It may be "technically" inequitable that 1/2 never has to face 7/8 but I have no idea who or how that effects various teams in the 4 classes (as decisions should be made IMO). That still gives a nice variety with a rotation of 5 different regions to play against. Nothing is going to be perfect - this seems worth trying Woody Jr
  25. Would it be that unreasonable to have a rotation excluding the 2 extreme groups on each end of the state and avoid a 1/2 vs. 7/8 travel situation? That would give a nice variety of 5 different matchups with out forcing the really killer trips. You could argue its technically not equitable b/c 1/2 doesnt have to play 7/8 but I have no idea which teams this effects or where the strengths are in each class. thats how things should be decided anyway - with out predetermining who is where IMO Woody Jr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.