Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blume or Beach

Featured Replies

IYO who is the best.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IYO who is the best.

 

I stirred up a "hornets nest":laugh: last year when I critiqued Blumes performance in the Ashland game.

 

Its so hard to differentiate; best HS back, potential for college, explosiveness, catching the ball, inside/outside, style of offense, # of carries, # of years starting, etc.

 

Personally I like a more physical back so I would lean to Beach.

My ONLY 1 game opinion of Blume was that he reminded me of a track man in pads.

By every account he is a really hard working, first class young man. I even heard coach Hart make some very nice post-game personal compliments of Blume - beyond just his performance on the field.

 

Hope he gets the opportunity to play college - but there IS more to life than football :thumb:

 

Woody Jr

:thumb: :thumb:

I stirred up a "hornets nest":laugh: last year when I critiqued Blumes performance in the Ashland game.

 

Its so hard to differentiate; best HS back, potential for college, explosiveness, catching the ball, inside/outside, style of offense, # of carries, # of years starting, etc.

 

Personally I like a more physical back so I would lean to Beach.

My ONLY 1 game opinion of Blume was that he reminded me of a track man in pads.

By every account he is a really hard working, first class young man. I even heard coach Hart make some very nice post-game personal compliments of Blume - beyond just his performance on the field.

 

Hope he gets the opportunity to play college - but there IS more to life than football :thumb:

 

Woody Jr

Beach IMO.... although I must admit I have never seen Blume live, only seen him on film.

I stirred up a "hornets nest":laugh: last year when I critiqued Blumes performance in the Ashland game.

 

Its so hard to differentiate; best HS back, potential for college, explosiveness, catching the ball, inside/outside, style of offense, # of carries, # of years starting, etc.

 

Personally I like a more physical back so I would lean to Beach.

My ONLY 1 game opinion of Blume was that he reminded me of a track man in pads.

By every account he is a really hard working, first class young man. I even heard coach Hart make some very nice post-game personal compliments of Blume - beyond just his performance on the field.

 

Hope he gets the opportunity to play college - but there IS more to life than football :thumb:

 

Woody Jr

I have never seen Blume play "live" either, but from all accounts and comparisons that I have heard it would have to be Beach for the same reasons that you posted Woody. I have heard that Blume is a tremendous back but lacks power. At any rate, I hope the young man can get a chance at college ball if that is what he wants. He sure sounds like the type kid that would be a sucsess in life with or without football. I do hope that my post is not taken as cutting the Blume kid down or taking up for Beach. It certainly is not meant as such.:thumb:

I have seen both play. Blume on 4 occasions. Both were great HS backs. Beach was better IMHO. This is no slam on Blume as he could play for my team ANY day. But given the choice, I would take Beach.

 

But can't I have both of them?!? What a nice 1-2 combo that would be! :thumb:

Arliss Beach IMHO, because he was a great back with an average O-line. Blume was good but with the line JC had alot of good backs would have been just as successful.

 

But can't I have both of them?!? What a nice 1-2 combo that would be! :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: That combo might make anyone "coach of the year" material.:D :D

Beach and I would say that even if I wasn't an Ashland fan.

I would throw Josh Gross and Micheal West into the conversation.

I would throw Josh Gross and Micheal West into the conversation.

 

Gross was great at Russell and West was an absolute men playing amongst boys. West was so much fun to watch.

  • Author

Why wouldn't you take blume if you was UK to have the 1-2 combo.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.