Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blume or Beach

Featured Replies

Yes Beach is curently in the active roster. He is actually #1 in the Depth chart.

 

He is listed #1 only because his name is first alphabetically. Green is still their #1.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is listed #1 only because his name is first alphabetically. Green is still their #1.

 

I am just happy for the young man that he is on the depth chart at all! Hopefully, he still will be come this fall! :thumb:

As a JC fan I of course LOVE Blume's game....but I did have the opportunity to see Beach play.....I would have to say that Beach has an edge on Blume simply because of his size and pure strength. Blume isn't a huge guy...which I think makes his accomplishments all that much more impressive, but if we're going to compare them on their abilities at the next level... I would say Beach is more of major D1 back. Blume doesn't have size on his side, but boy if he was a little bigger wouldn't he have been something to watch!!

He is listed #1 only because his name is first alphabetically. Green is still their #1.

Thanks for the update!!

Heck....All 4 of the young men mentioned in this thread are winners IMO!!!!! They were all SPECIAL high school running backs!!!

 

Good LUCK to Arliss in his bid for the BIG TIME!!!

Heck....All 4 of the young men mentioned in this thread are winners IMO!!!!! They were all SPECIAL high school running backs!!!

 

Good LUCK to Arliss in his bid for the BIG TIME!!!

:thumb: :thumb:

A better question would be West or Beach but Beach is still the better back. Beach played behind an average o-line, everyone knew he was going to get the ball and still put up amazing stats. West ran behind a good o-line with multiple weapons. Ask the JC fans if they remember the season opener against Ashland during Beach's senior year?
I would take Beach, but the game that you refer to was an anomoly. JC hired a very mediocre coach during the summer and to compound his problems, he received some very poor advice from his staff. JC's two best linebackers that season did not play a single down as Beach racked up 300+ yards on just a few carries. Beach was a great player, but Johnson Central's coaching staff helped make him look like an All American in that particular game.

 

The only problem that I saw with Beach, the high school player, was that he was very prone to cramps. Otherwise, he might have run for 500 yards that particular night. Hopefully, he has outgrown that problem or trainers have figured out a way to keep him on the field. Beach and Blume were both great high school players, and according to people who know both young men, they are both very hard workers and all around nice guys.

I would take Beach, but the game that you refer to was an anomoly. JC hired a very mediocre coach during the summer and to compound his problems, he received some very poor advice from his staff. JC's two best linebackers that season did not play a single down as Beach racked up 300+ yards on just a few carries. Beach was a great player, but Johnson Central's coaching staff helped make him look like an All American in that particular game.

 

The only problem that I saw with Beach, the high school player, was that he was very prone to cramps. Otherwise, he might have run for 500 yards that particular night. Hopefully, he has outgrown that problem or trainers have figured out a way to keep him on the field. Beach and Blume were both great high school players, and according to people who know both young men, they are both very hard workers and all around nice guys.

 

Fact from the JC scouting report when Arliss played: "#3 is an average runner and not that fast hit'em and he'll go down". I'm just not blowing steam "we" all saw it from a scouting report that was in the stands after the game????? Yes, I'm serious we found the JC scouting report after the game and the staff at the time did not respect Mr. Beach....To be honest I've never seen a back be MORE elusive than Arliss showed that night. I'm not sure how many tackles he broke that night but it was impressive and it was that night "we" knew we had a special back.

 

On a side note I understand that JC had hired a new coach that didn't work out, but the guy they got now is A+;)

I would take Beach, but the game that you refer to was an anomoly. JC hired a very mediocre coach during the summer and to compound his problems, he received some very poor advice from his staff. JC's two best linebackers that season did not play a single down as Beach racked up 300+ yards on just a few carries. Beach was a great player, but Johnson Central's coaching staff helped make him look like an All American in that particular game.

 

The only problem that I saw with Beach, the high school player, was that he was very prone to cramps. Otherwise, he might have run for 500 yards that particular night. Hopefully, he has outgrown that problem or trainers have figured out a way to keep him on the field. Beach and Blume were both great high school players, and according to people who know both young men, they are both very hard workers and all around nice guys.

 

Its easy to get cramps when you have like 2% body fat and you are running 80 yards at a time in late August. :thumb:

Saying that Beach was better is one thing, and I believe is accurate. I have seen them both play. However, saying that you would take a very good back only at 75% of his abilities over another very good back even if he were 50% better than he already is, ... that is just crazy talk. Beach was better, but given your scenario, I would take Blume. Anything else is just showing too much bias towards a player from your school. Beach was better, but not twice as good as Blume.

 

Let me rephrase, I''d rather have beach at 50% than Blume at 200%. :thumb: :lol:

Heck....All 4 of the young men mentioned in this thread are winners IMO!!!!! They were all SPECIAL high school running backs!!!

 

Good LUCK to Arliss in his bid for the BIG TIME!!!

 

 

Great post, all four backs were amazing and fun to watch.

IYO who is the best.

 

 

FLIPPER,

 

Why do you start a thread like this and then not post your own opinion ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

 

Woody Jr

And we could ask the Ashland fans if they remember the 2nd half of the playoff game at Rockcastle a few years ago. I was there and remember it well. Beach was excellent in the first half and carried the Tomcats on his back to lead Rock. But the 2nd half, the Rockets shut him down and went on to win the game.

 

If you want to start a thread on West vs Beach, go for it, but don't be a hijacker dude! ;) That is just dismissive of Blume and he deserves better than that.

 

 

Man, are we in a bad mood today? He was just trying to prove a point, he wasn't "hijacking" anything.

I've seen them both live many times, I would have to go with Beach.

 

Elusive, Fast, Quick, Power, Size, = Beach vs Fast, Quick = Blume

I really think this thread is ridiculous. Beach went D-1, where's Blume going?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.