Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stumpy33

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stumpy33

  1. I have always thought that 2 striped shirts are better than 3. Usually the 3rd official who clearly sees the play does not blow the whistle and make the call because the play was NOT in his area. Even though the correct call is in everyone's area. With only 2 there does not seem to be the other guy's area and usually the whistle gets tooted more. Especially if the 2 are capable. Usually during the regular season a three man crew contains 1 capable man, 1 young ref needing experience and 1 more (that I should not use my words to describe). I was at the game. I thought the officiating was fine.
  2. Grubbs may have Christmas visit to help Santa get all the Elves squared away, especially the naughty elves. He's been going since July, a little break won't hurt him as long as he takes it easy on the Christmas Ham. I would hate to have to feed that boy.
  3. It was the opening game for both teams last year at Mason Co. Both the JV and Varsity games went double overtime. Football was still going on I think and Grubbs was not even in attendance. I think Mason had a player or two out also. It was a heck of a game last year and it will be a heck of a game Friday night. I don't think Grubbs is close to being in hoops shape yet but he will probably be the difference in this one. If he plays well Birds win. If he comes up short Mason will be tough, even on the road. I would expect a good game anytime these teams meet and am glad to see them playing each other. I love the popcorn in the fieldhouse!
  4. "I have no problem with defensive basketball, and with the Godfather of the slow down game in the stands that makes it even better!!" Classic! Gotta be a Pendleton Co fan that had that quote. I would rather my team do whatever it takes to give them their best opportunity to win the game.
  5. Tough place to play for sure. I'll still take the Mustangs. Outstanding Coach and hard nosed kids.
  6. Hold on. Not so fast my friend. If I am reading this correctly - no Grubbs, no Grote and Lother has sore apendage. St Henry has played 2 games already and they have won at CovCath(not an easy task). It is at St Henry. I think this will be a tight ballgame. Would be surprised with blowout either way.
  7. NCC and it is not an upset. They have a really nice team. I like Boone and think they have a nice team also, but If the Breds play like they did against Highlands in last year's district - Watch out.
  8. Actually, If the lineup is not in the book by the 10:00 min mark of the pregame I think 5 technical fouls could assessed (1 for each player). I may be wrong, but I think that could be the outcome. Most officials will check the book a little early and I actually saw 1 official last year stop the clock at 10:05 and allow the coach get his lineup in the book and then start the clock again to avoid such a mess. I don't think anyone really wants to start a game that way. Since it was the first game of the season for both teams last night and this is a good game for both programs, maybe they reached an amiable conclusion around the 10 min mark last night. I could see Coach L swinging that way to keep the series in a positive manner. Plus, you never know when you may need a favor returned your way.
  9. Tough place to play. But Mason should still get the W.
  10. At CovCath means a bunch, but LexCath will win this one.
  11. I like the 10th region tourney at Mason. It is treated royally by Fred and his crew. I have not been to the tourney at Montgomery, but I'm sure they do a great job also. The Rison boys are first class also. I do not like it at a college venue. Let NKU host events throughout the year. It is a neat place to play. But IMO keep the regional tourney at the High Schools. I never thought it gave Mason Co a 10 point advantage. They are tough to beat on any floor anywhere.
  12. I like the fact that HHS scheduled this game. There is a lot more upside to winning than downside from losing this one for the birds. I'm sure Highlands will learn a tremendous amount about their team from this game, win or lose. X will expose weaknesses that other teams can't seem to find and this will give the birds some things to work on as the season continues. I've seen crazier things happen in sports. In horse racing this is "the year of the bird". Mine that Bird won the Derby at 50-1. His connections backed him and were rewarded for doing so. This group of seniors at HHS is a special bunch. They may be longshots in this one, but a couple of breaks here and there. It could happen.
  13. Rick Chasteen is a good man. And he does a great job. I hope he continues as the assigning secretary for a long, long, long time. You always get a fair shake with his guys.
  14. Greg is a late entry on KY team in the KY/ OH all star game. Looking forward to seeing him play Saturday night.
  15. I would love to be updated also. Can't get there tonight. Is it on the radio down there? If so, what station?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.