Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch.

 

How'd the frosh & JV games go?

 

LexCath won JV by 15. Not sure about Frosh.

Frosh also lost but it was a much closer contest.

At one time I think CCH was 3-10 from FT line and 1-9 from 3's from what I heard. Hopefully that was just the result of playing a top 10 team and 1st game rust.

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 040.jpg

 

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 046.jpg

 

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 056.jpg

 

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 052.jpg

 

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 063.jpg

 

All pictures of Frosh JV and Varsity

 

Edited by nWo
Rule #1

With around four minutes to go in the game CovCath was down 13 points with the ball when they took a 3pt shot and missed it badly but CovCath rebounded the ball but again missed another trey and missed it badly.

 

At that point in the game, they had LexCath concerned and if they make that shot........ Understand they still were going to lose but it just might have been a lot closer score!

 

The CovCath players who impressed me the most were: Trey Evans (this young man will be starting the next game) and Mattie Klein (he played with heart and was all over the floor) and the longer Mattie was on the floor, the better he looked.

 

CovCath I believe played ten different men in the 1st quarter alone.

 

LexCath is very good and #33 had a field day from behind the three point line. That young man impressed the heck out of me, but after watching LexCath play and yes the season is young, LC needs to step it up much more if they are to make a run on Scott County. Understand CovCath is ranked Ninth in the Ninth Region and as I said at one point late in the fourth, CovCath was making a nice come back but a better team tonight beats LexCath.

 

I can say I was extremely disappointed in one of the LexCath players display of sponsorship at the start of the game and back in the day if he had done that on the CovCath floor, Mote would have sent someone in to let the young man know that wasn't acceptable on the CovCath home floor!

 

Luckily for the young man Coach L isn't that type of Coach but if the young man has plans on doing this at each at ever away game, I can promise you this, someone is going to mess him up a bit in a game!

 

That's all I am going to say, so don't ask!

 

The Crazies were out in mid season form and even the LexCath crowd got a kick out of watching them preform tonight! Gentlemen you were outstanding, keep it up!

Is # 33 Shute? Was he trying to intimidate? Can't imagine what it was he did. I always thought the kid was 100% Class.

10 players in the 1st quarter? Come on Coach, give them a chance!

Is # 33 Shute? Was he trying to intimidate? Can't imagine what it was he did. I always thought the kid was 100% Class.

 

No, #33 is indeed a first class player and as I said, I was impressed with his play!

 

He wasn't the one I was speaking of and the only reason I am answering your question on the players display, is that if you got the impression from me that it was #33 I am very sorry!

Is # 33 Shute? Was he trying to intimidate? Can't imagine what it was he did. I always thought the kid was 100% Class.

 

I don't think he was saying #33 was the player that did something unsportsmanlike. I may have read it wrong, but i think those were two seperate thoughts and players.

#33 had the great shooting night for Lex Cath, He was not the one who bent down and acted like he was signing his autograph in the middle of the floor during introductions. Needless to say many of the CCH fans noticed and were not too pleased that the Lex Cath coach would allow that to happen. Again, the better team won tonight, but there quite a few positives for the Cov Cath players to build from.

10 players in the 1st quarter? Come on Coach, give them a chance!

 

CC Coach L has a lot of players who haven't played a lot of basketball in a few years namely, Mattie, and Trey and he needs to fine out if they can play.

 

In attending the practice and the scrimage, I could have told you that Coach L was going to play a lot of players and he is going to continue until the best come to the top. Trey proved he will be a starter this season and he showed that he can be counted on!

 

Some of the players looked like deer in the headlight but it was just one game! Come on out Friday night when they play St. Henry to see for yourself. This game was a huge learning curve game and some players passed while others......well......

#33 had the great shooting night for Lex Cath, He was not the one who bent down and acted like he was signing his autograph in the middle of the floor during introductions. Needless to say many of the CCH fans noticed and were not too pleased that the Lex Cath coach would allow that to happen. Again, the better team won tonight, but there quite a few positives for the Cov Cath players to build from.

 

If this is the case, sounds like were kinda blowing up about nothing. Kids are kids, how can you not laugh at that???? Its not like he's pulling a Randy Moss and wiping his "you know what" with a CovCath T Shirt. I've been around CovCath basektball for some time now, and I've seen and heard a lot worse come out of that student sections at times.

#33 had the great shooting night for Lex Cath, He was not the one who bent down and acted like he was signing his autograph in the middle of the floor during introductions. Needless to say many of the CCH fans noticed and were not too pleased that the Lex Cath coach would allow that to happen. Again, the better team won tonight, but there quite a few positives for the Cov Cath players to build from.

 

2009 CCH v Lex Cath 064.jpg

 

Hard to say when the payback may come!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.