Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

I understand what you are saying scout, but I do disagree somewhat. I think parents, coaches. teachers, etc all help teach one that he should not accept being disrespected and walked on. I know I have told my son at least once growing up, that if the kid next door hits you again, hit him back. You have never told you kids something similiar? I think it is just an important lesson for our youth to learn that they are not expected, and shouldn't accept being treated like that. Don't break the rules of the game, but don't just sit back and take it willingly.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King L. I think we're on the same page. I would hope the kids stand up for themselves in the face of something like this. I've never had to tell my kids to stand up for themselves. Believe me, I've had to warn my kids not to take it too far. My point is that coaches should create an atmosphere where that behavior is unacceptable, especially for a really talented kid

King L. I think we're on the same page. I would hope the kids stand up for themselves in the face of something like this. I've never had to tell my kids to stand up for themselves. Believe me, I've had to warn my kids not to take it too far. My point is that coaches should create an atmosphere where that behavior is unacceptable, especially for a really talented kid

 

:thumb:

KSR's Dustin Rambaugh was at the game. Here are his thoughts:

 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=36287

 

I had the chance to see Jaylen Beckham again last night when his Lexington Catholic team traveled up my way to play the Covington Catholic Colonels.

 

First off, the CovCath crowd is probably having more fun than any crowd in the nation right now, college teams included. After starting off the varsity game with a sing and dance along to Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA” (screaming “…and the Jay-Z song was on”) they didn’t stop the rest of the way. We need to box them up and ship them all to the Erupption Zone. Stop by and check out the CovCath crowd if you get a chance.They bring the ridiculousness that KSR fans tend to love.

 

Jaylen did his best to silence the crazy home crowd, to no avail. They continued even as he dropped 24 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals during a 20+ point win. After scoring a quick 11 points in the first quarter, Jaylen played very unselfishly the rest of the way and may have had a few more assists if his nice setups were finished off. Although he didn’t shoot the lights out, scoring most of his points by getting to the rack with ease, I did like seeing him sink a deep three from the top of the key. His quickness off the dribble and good court vision give him all the tools he needs to develop into a top of the line point guard. Get that jump shot completely online and he would be very dangerous.

 

Jaylen did his best to silence the crazy home crowd, to no avail. They continued even as he dropped 24 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals during a 20+ point win. After scoring a quick 11 points in the first quarter, Jaylen played very unselfishly the rest of the way and may have had a few more assists if his nice setups were finished off. Although he didn’t shoot the lights out, scoring most of his points by getting to the rack with ease, I did like seeing him sink a deep three from the top of the key. His quickness off the dribble and good court vision give him all the tools he needs to develop into a top of the line point guard. Get that jump shot completely online and he would be very dangerous.[/i]

 

I told HSSRB that the kid is a true PG with lots of potential. Some kids are scorers masquerading as a PG. This kid is an old-fashioned true PG.

I think we've summarized the game pretty well. The other team was much better as expected.

 

You're free to stay in the self-gratifying HHS football threads if this thread bothers you.

New poll. Who is the best 5A team enjoying this thread?

New poll. Who is the best 5A team enjoying this thread?

 

Or "what yappi thread can beat this thread" or "does this thread make BGP the champ of Cincinnati?"

Lex Cath is a very good team. Fast, aggressive, and play long. #35 was swatting them away all night, and their press made the gym seem like a phone booth. Offensively #23 can penetrate, #33 can rain 3's, and #35 knows what to do with the ball when he's near the hoop. They're a tough match up for most teams. Three solid scorers, and fairly deep.

 

CCH looked fine and will be a solid team. It may take a few games to get in their groove and figure out what works, and with what line-change. I was encouraged by how they battled against a superior team; again, #6 in the state. The will win their share of games.

 

When #23 was announced, he ran to the Colonel logo and scribbled something. I don't know what or why, but it got everyone's attention. After the tip-off, it seemed to be totally forgotten. CCH did take the high road, even the crazies. It was curious and ill-advised without further explanation;however, it did not seem near as unsportsmanlike as when an opponent spit on the logo a few years ago. I've seen fights in High school, college and pros, football and basketball, for less of an offense. Hats off to the CCH players and fans for handling this with class, and making it a non-issue (as it should be). I don't feel comfortable discussing what kind of retaliation this merited, it should be zero. Keep in mind many of the people commenting on this are non-CCH posters. There were bodies flying all over the place all night for loose balls and rebounds, but not a single hard foul, dirty play, or "dive on the opponent" for a loose ball. Both teams played hard but clean.

 

The crazies were flanked by the principal, the assistant principal and athletic director, the dean of students, and the assistant ad. There were no chants that should have offended anyone; unless the earlier poster heard something that those four administrators hovering over the crazies didn't hear. They have a blast, show incredible passion and spirit, and make a game fun (many cheers, chants, and gigs even bring a smile to opponents fans). Some cheers are certainly intended to get in the opponent's kitchen. Please PM and advise me as to what was said that you didn't like. Quite often I feel like I'm on the outside of a joke and have to ask what was said. Thanks.

Or "what yappi thread can beat this thread" or "does this thread make BGP the champ of Cincinnati?"

 

Funny stuff:lol: Maybe after football season we can discuss bball. Should be a lot of fun this season..., again:D

I am kinda surprised that no one has brought up what in my opinion was the classiest move of the night last night. It took me a while to learn why there was that delay in the start of the game. If what I heard is true, then kudo's to Coach L, on a very classy move. I heard Lex Cath turned in last years roster book. Technically they should have rec'd a technical and the game started with CovCath shooting free throws. ?

 

Each team has a book (usually) and one of the books (usually the home team) is the official book.

 

Someone from each team usually fills out the official book with their players. How could a LC person not know he/she was putting down last year's roster? Did the name "Sanford" not jump out at them?

 

Something doesn't fit.

Each team has a book (usually) and one of the books (usually the home team) is the official book.

 

Someone from each team usually fills out the official book with their players. How could a LC person not know he/she was putting down last year's roster? Did the name "Sanford" not jump out at them?

 

Something doesn't fit.

 

Can a coach deny a tech? I've seen pregame techs before and I don't recall a coach being asked to accept or deny it.

Actually, If the lineup is not in the book by the 10:00 min mark of the pregame I think 5 technical fouls could assessed (1 for each player). I may be wrong, but I think that could be the outcome.

 

Most officials will check the book a little early and I actually saw 1 official last year stop the clock at 10:05 and allow the coach get his lineup in the book and then start the clock again to avoid such a mess. I don't think anyone really wants to start a game that way.

 

Since it was the first game of the season for both teams last night and this is a good game for both programs, maybe they reached an amiable conclusion around the 10 min mark last night. I could see Coach L swinging that way to keep the series in a positive manner. Plus, you never know when you may need a favor returned your way.

I'm old school I guess. There are ways to send the message without it being dirty. As long as its not dirty ....

 

Nothing wrong with a forearm shiver in the lane. We arent playing tiddly winks here.

Actually, If the lineup is not in the book by the 10:00 min mark of the pregame I think 5 technical fouls could assessed (1 for each player). I may be wrong, but I think that could be the outcome.

 

 

The penalty is one T per team - not per player.

Why are freaking out over this incident? The kid was just having a little fun and trying to get his team fired up. I've seen players do much worse. I found it a little funny.:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.