Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

And you know what they say when we assume things! :clap: :deadhorse::deadhorse:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

Unless you know the young man in question you can only make assumptions about why he went to the circle and did what he did before the game. I think by watching Lex. Caths coach and the way he handles his team, he had no problem with what the young mans intent was.

 

 

Okay, let's run with this. 1) I don't have to know someone or make any assumption of intent to recognize a classless action. A classless act is a classless act regardless of why someone did it. 2) How can that act be seen as anything other than a disrespectful act toward the CovCath basketball organization? 3) The LexCath coach did a very good job with X's and O's last night. I do not know anything else about him other than what I witnessed last night. I don't know if condoned the young man's actions or not. You seem to assume he did. I hope that is not the case. 4) I can't understand 80% of the Crazies' cheers in that gym. If they did say something out of line, I'd bet hard cash that Bob Rowe spoke to the student leaders about it. I don't excuse any inappropriate behavior by young men who know better, but there is a difference between a 'mob' and a young man wearing the uniform of a Catholic institution standing infront of his own coaches. But as I said, I don't exuse either bad behavior and neither should anyone else associated with these two schools.

What chant was out of line?

 

I am old school, the kid was simply trying to put the focus on himself, instead of the team. Whether or not he was dis-respecting Covcath or not, there is no place for that in HS sports. I am sure he is a good kid, and that he meant no ill will towards CovCath Players, but the bottom line is he was showboating.

 

I believe the kid is a Soph. as well. He is very talented. It drives me crazy when kids feel they have to do that type of demonstration to be noticed. I guarantee, more people of both my generation and his, would respect his hustle and athleticism than his goofy pre-game demonstration.

 

I don't know if Lexcath plays at Holmes, but if they do, and he does the same thing, I have a feeling his first trip into the lane will be a memorable one.

 

 

You know Holmes and Highlands were the two places I was thinking about he could see some, um, payback

What chant was out of line?

 

I am old school.

 

Really? Doesn't show. (wink, wink)

:D

Okay, let's run with this. 1) I don't have to know someone or make any assumption of intent to recognize a classless action. A classless act is a classless act regardless of why someone did it. 2) How can that act be seen as anything other than a disrespectful act toward the CovCath basketball organization? 3) The LexCath coach did a very good job with X's and O's last night. I do not know anything else about him other than what I witnessed last night. I don't know if condoned the young man's actions or not. You seem to assume he did. I hope that is not the case. 4) I can't understand 80% of the Crazies' cheers in that gym. If they did say something out of line, I'd bet hard cash that Bob Rowe spoke to the student leaders about it. I don't excuse any inappropriate behavior by young men who know better, but there is a difference between a 'mob' and a young man wearing the uniform of a Catholic institution standing infront of his own coaches. But as I said, I don't exuse either bad behavior and neither should anyone else associated with these two schools.

 

:thumb: Glad to hear I am not the only one who has problems understanding a lot of their cheers!

As far as the game went, I think the Cov cath fans better get use to seeing teams play a bunch of zone against their team this year.

 

Most teams simply do not know how to play an effective zone.

 

As far as the chant the Crazies did midway through the 2nd period that should be addressed by the Cov cath administrators now, and should never be allowed to happen again! Should have been delt with last night! One should never question anyone else class or style without taking care of their own 1st.

 

If there was something offensive enough for you to mention it on here contact the principal Bob Rowe.

 

[email protected]

LexCath also played a lot of kids early.

 

I thought Listerman did a good job with his rotation. Still trying to figure out who can play at that level as most coaches are this early in the season.

 

Early foul trouble hurt CovCath with Thelen having to sit a lot in first half.

 

Thought CovCath played hard and did a good job moving the basketball. They are going to play very few teams that play off the ball defense like LexCath.

 

I like this edition of CovCath better than last years team because of the depth and imo better guard play. Don't know if this gets them into upper echelon in the 9th but I think gets them out of the district.

 

I think you mean better post play rather than guard play?

 

CCH will have a better chance to get out of the district this year simply because Beechwood and Holy Cross are really weak this year. Beechwood won't contend, Holy Cross may surprise them.

 

CCH may have more depth in the sense they can afford to play more players because no one player is really better than the other. Imo, it would serve this team better if they would press and get after it on defense. That would give Listerman a reason to go 10 or 12 deep everynight. Also, they are not going to be able to shoot as consistent from outside as teams in the past and they just aren't good enough to slow it down and try to get it to Thelen and Wellbtock down low. (scoring won't be consistent enough) I think it would be nice to see them pressure other teams, get in passing lanes, and make steals for easy buckets. Heck for how good Lex Cath's press is CCH had fewer turnovers and more points of steals then they did.

He was streaky. Huge first qtr and a big last qtr. In between, he was just OK.

 

Super quick.

 

Shot is not very good.

 

Can be a strong PG.

 

For a D1 recruit I would venture to say he is better than just ok...

The expression on the young mans face after 'signing' I think told us enough of his intent. If there is something as you suggest, I would suggest to the coach of the Knights that he informs the other teams in advance from now on, as I am sure there will be teams/players taking much greater exception to his gesture, assuming he is disrespecting them. He is likely to cause somethings to happen during the game, or even after, that no one wants to happen.

 

I do agree that CovCath will see a lot of zone this year, until they can develop more consistent shooting.

 

Nothing happened at this game except he from what it sounds like was the leading scorer and led his team to a 20 point victory. I don't agree with what he did especially if his intent was what it sounds like it was however the Colonels, as you are, should have taken this as an insult and did a little better job on him at the defensive end.

For a D1 recruit I would venture to say he is better than just ok...

 

Not in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

 

He has a bright future but has plenty to work on like all young players.

Not in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

 

He has a bright future but has plenty to work on like all young players.

 

Everyone has stuff to work on however for being just a sophomore he is pretty impressive. Especially if he scores 24 opening night regardless if he did most of his damage in the first, second, or third quarter. The only quarter that will matter at the end of the day is the 4th. Good players and good teams know how to control a lead and close out the game in the 4th quarter.

Everyone has stuff to work on however for being just a sophomore he is pretty impressive. Especially if he scores 24 opening night regardless if he did most of his damage in the first, second, or third quarter. The only quarter that will matter at the end of the day is the 4th. Good players and good teams know how to control a lead and close out the game in the 4th quarter.

 

No argument from me.

A lot to build on. People who get caught up on how many kids play need to move on to another song.

 

Do you really think that playing 10 kids in the 1st quarter allows any of them to get into a rhythm offensively (or defensively, for that matter)?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.