Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

If I'm the head coach and my player signs the autograph on the home team's logo, I immediately change my starting lineup, take the T for the change, and teach a lesson. I'm not concerned about the team's fans. I'd be trying to teach the young man a lesson about showing respect.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm the head coach and my player signs the autograph on the home team's logo, I immediately change my starting lineup, take the T for the change, and teach a lesson. I'm not concerned about the team's fans. I'd be trying to teach the young man a lesson about showing respect.

 

Right on Clyde, I blame it on the coach as well.

 

And NKYBOYas far as comparing student sections to players, the players have a much greater level of sportsmanship to maintain.

If this is the case, sounds like were kinda blowing up about nothing. Kids are kids, how can you not laugh at that???? Its not like he's pulling a Randy Moss and wiping his "you know what" with a CovCath T Shirt. I've been around CovCath basektball for some time now, and I've seen and heard a lot worse come out of that student sections at times.

 

 

Note you said student section, not a player! Huge, huge, huge difference!

And trust me, the Student section is under a very, very tight lease under Bob Rowe!

 

BTW do you honestly think a Coach L player does this at the start of a game and plays in that game?

 

At some point in this season, if the young man continues to do this in every away gym he plays in, someone is going to nail him!

Despite the score, I'm more optimistic about the Colonels than I was prior to the game.

 

First off, LC is very good and their trap D simply killed CCH. Fortunately, its not a defense that other teams can simply "put in." Its the result of learning it when you first get to LC and mastering it over the years. They were quick. They were long. They knew where to cut off passes. No one in NKY does it so that's over with.

 

Thelen picking up his 2nd foul 3 minutes into the game and sitting the rest of the half hurt. It hurt not only because of his scoring ability but also because he's a good outlet in the center of the press offense. Double whammy. He looked good before the fouls and he played well in the 2nd half . The 6'8 kid did give him trouble but he was still able to get to the bucket.

 

The two most positive aspects of the evening were Wellbrock and Evans. It took me about 20 minutes this summer to realize Evans was going to be the best all-around guard for CCH. Not only does his skill impress you but the kid simply has a little bit of swagger about him that you have to like. Nothing seemed to phase him.

 

Wellbrock played like the kid I've been waiting for. Unlike last season, he was very aggressive going to the hole and using his TE shoulders and athletic ability. Even more impressive was his attitude and leadership. If I'm Coach L that's the biggest plus for me.

 

The kid who I completely underestimated was Heimbrock. He's much better on the outside than I imagined.

 

I have no doubt that #4 played the worst game we'll see him play this year. Its out of the way. Write it off.

 

Lastly, they competed until the end. Good to see.

 

Outside of Holmes this will most likely be the best team they face this year so , again, it gets a bit easier.

 

Don't let the score fool you. This will be a solid team.

CC Coach L has a lot of players who haven't played a lot of basketball in a few years namely, Mattie, and Trey and he needs to fine out if they can play.

 

I understand, but you simply cannot play 10 guys in one quarter and let anyone get into a flow.

 

I'm well aware of Coach Listerman's style, but 10 players in the opening quarter of the opening game is a bit over the top, barring injuries / foul trouble.

LC: 6'8 kid is tough. 33 is the best outside shooter I've seen in a while. #23 is very good and has a lot of potential. Decent bench. Very good and fun to watch.

Despite the score, I'm more optimistic about the Colonels than I was prior to the game.

 

First off, LC is very good and their trap D simply killed CCH. Fortunately, its not a defense that other teams can simply "put in." Its the result of learning it when you first get to LC and mastering it over the years. They were quick. They were long. They knew where to cut off passes. No one in NKY does it so that's over with.

 

Thelen picking up his 2nd foul 3 minutes into the game and sitting the rest of the half hurt. It hurt not only because of his scoring ability but also because he's a good outlet in the center of the press offense. Double whammy. He looked good before the fouls and he played well in the 2nd half . The 6'8 kid did give him trouble but he was still able to get to the bucket.

 

The two most positive aspects of the evening were Wellbrock and Evans. It took me about 20 minutes this summer to realize Evans was going to be the best all-around guard for CCH. Not only does his skill impress you but the kid simply has a little bit of swagger about him that you have to like. Nothing seemed to phase him.

 

Wellbrock played like the kid I've been waiting for. Unlike last season, he was very aggressive going to the hole and using his TE shoulders and athletic ability. Even more impressive was his attitude and leadership. If I'm Coach L that's the biggest plus for me.

 

The kid who I completely underestimated was Heimbrock. He's much better on the outside than I imagined.

 

I have no doubt that #4 played the worst game we'll see him play this year. Its out of the way. Write it off.

 

Lastly, they competed until the end. Good to see.

 

Outside of Holmes this will most likely be the best team they face this year so , again, it gets a bit easier.

 

Don't let the score fool you. This will be a solid team.

 

Right on. :thumb:

 

Lex Cath is always tough, and it sounds like they're very talented again this year. I'm not worried about the margin.

 

1st game of the year with an inexperienced team. I'm more interested in how they battled. It sounds like they played hard and together. To me, that's a plus.

CCH freshmen: I really like the Murphy kid. He has a strong looking stroke. He just simply needs to mature physically.

 

#42 for CCH is a strong inside player.

The Shumate kid looked solid.

#13 off the bench is a very good looking guard.

Despite the score, I'm more optimistic about the Colonels than I was prior to the game.

 

First off, LC is very good and their trap D simply killed CCH. Fortunately, its not a defense that other teams can simply "put in." Its the result of learning it when you first get to LC and mastering it over the years. They were quick. They were long. They knew where to cut off passes. No one in NKY does it so that's over with.

 

Thelen picking up his 2nd foul 3 minutes into the game and sitting the rest of the half hurt. It hurt not only because of his scoring ability but also because he's a good outlet in the center of the press offense. Double whammy. He looked good before the fouls and he played well in the 2nd half . The 6'8 kid did give him trouble but he was still able to get to the bucket.

 

The two most positive aspects of the evening were Wellbrock and Evans. It took me about 20 minutes this summer to realize Evans was going to be the best all-around guard for CCH. Not only does his skill impress you but the kid simply has a little bit of swagger about him that you have to like. Nothing seemed to phase him.

 

Wellbrock played like the kid I've been waiting for. Unlike last season, he was very aggressive going to the hole and using his TE shoulders and athletic ability. Even more impressive was his attitude and leadership. If I'm Coach L that's the biggest plus for me.

 

The kid who I completely underestimated was Heimbrock. He's much better on the outside than I imagined.

 

I have no doubt that #4 played the worst game we'll see him play this year. Its out of the way. Write it off.

 

Lastly, they competed until the end. Good to see.

 

Outside of Holmes this will most likely be the best team they face this year so , again, it gets a bit easier.

 

Don't let the score fool you. This will be a solid team.

 

Very true, very true!

 

I have far to much bias in my respect and liking of Mattie...

 

If you would have told me last year at this time or at the start of last years baseball season that Mattie would be playing basketball and playing well...... I wouldn't have believed you!

Note you said student section, not a player! Huge, huge, huge difference!

And trust me, the Student section is under a very, very tight lease under Bob Rowe!

 

BTW do you honestly think a Coach L player does this at the start of a game and plays in that game?

 

At some point in this season, if the young man continues to do this in every away gym he plays in, someone is going to nail him!

 

All Im saying is this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. The kid didn't spit on the C or "STOMP" at midcourt. I don't think he was trying to disrespect CovCath. I would guess he does this at home games also. I've seen a lot worse in this generation but you guys are right, there is a huge huge huge difference and someone will say something to him I'm sure. And I agree someone should say something, it should stop after tonight. If no one does, then I'm sure your right. Things will take care of themselves.

LexCath 16/24 from the Free throw line

CovCath 07/20 from the Free throw line

 

LexCath shoots 7/14 from behind the arch

CovCath shoots 6/20 from behind the arch

 

LexCath 20/31 from the floor

CovCath 16/41 from the floor

 

Each team with 39 rebounds

 

Leading scores

 

LexCath

Bechman 29

Schutte 18

 

CovCath

Wellbrock 16

Evans 10

Imo, the colonels will have a tougher time then most tend to think. This is simply because the talent around the 9th is much stronger as a whole. Due to their easier schedule than last year it will give them a chance to maybe go .500 or a couple games over.

 

Evans and Thelen will be key factors of how much noise CCH can make this year.

A lot to build on. People who get caught up on how many kids play need to move on to another song.

One of the things I like seeing the most from the home team was the number of time our guys dove on the floor to get the ball. Seemed like I saw it more tonight than I did all of last season. These guys battled till the end. Great effort against a better team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.