Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

You know as well as I do that hard fouls are very much a part of the game. Cheap shots I agree are out and I did not mention them, you did. But how many times do we hear if the kid is going up for a layup, and you foul him, make sure he at least doesn't get the shot off. Make him earn the two at the stripe. Those are hard fouls right? I am not saying to intentionally hurt the kid, I would never do that. There is a difference between hard fouls, intentional fouls and cheap shots. I suggested hard fouls only. Again, I see no problem in making him earn his points.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you consider hard fouls dirty? I mean, he is going in for a layup, you are there to try and make a block on it. What do you do? In my mind, that is where the hard fouls take place, and I see no problem with it. Not a dirty play at all. I want my guy to make sure if he decides for the block which is when most fouls take place, you at least not let him score the basket

Do you consider hard fouls dirty? I mean, he is going in for a layup, you are there to try and make a block on it. What do you do? In my mind, that is where the hard fouls take place, and I see no problem with it. Not a dirty play at all. I want my guy to make sure if he decides for the block which is when most fouls take place, you at least not let him score the basket

 

No, hard fouls during the game happen and in that situation yes you don't want the guy to score. But fouling a kid hard because you are unhappy with what he did in warmups is dirty, thats just my opinion.

Really? Doesn't show. (wink, wink)

 

I am old School, but just not as old school as some others (wink, wink)

Got to love it.. Instead of discussing a game in which a team comes into your house and waxes you by 19, all we get is how to foul a kid hard and not be dirty. Next we can discuss how the "crazies" are the best student section in the state. :popcorn:

I am glad we could educate you on that MC, but at least you already know the crazies ARE the best in the state! :D

I am glad we could educate you on that MC, but at least you already know the crazies ARE the best in the state! :D

 

I know alittle about it:lol: I just think it's interesting that when Cov Cath loses, the only thing the blue colonel fans want to talk about is anything but the state of their basketball team.

Got to love it.. Instead of discussing a game in which a team comes into your house and waxes you by 19, all we get is how to foul a kid hard and not be dirty. Next we can discuss how the "crazies" are the best student section in the state. :popcorn:

 

I think we've summarized the game pretty well. The other team was much better as expected.

 

You're free to stay in the self-gratifying HHS football threads if this thread bothers you.

I think we've summarized the game pretty well. The other team was much better as expected.

 

You're free to stay in the self-gratifying HHS football threads if this thread bothers you.

 

Contraire! I am truly enjoying the thread:lol:

Contraire! I am truly enjoying the thread:lol:

 

I am glad you are enjoying it. Maybe you can tell us what you would expect to happen if the young man signed his name in the middle of the bluebirds court to start the game.

I am glad you are enjoying it. Maybe you can tell us what you would expect to happen if the young man signed his name in the middle of the bluebirds court to start the game.

 

I'd be more concerned that a team came into our gym and and whipped us.

I know alittle about it:lol: I just think it's interesting that when Cov Cath loses, the only thing the blue colonel fans want to talk about is anything but the state of their basketball team.[/QUOTE]

 

In less than 24 hours there are over 83 posts in this thread. Of the 83 posts at least 60 or so (give or take) discuss the game. By comparison the other most active posts from yesterday's games include Clark County - 13 total posts, Pendleton Co vs. Campbell Co. - 28 total posts, Boone Co. vs. Ryle - 21 total posts. I would rate the quality of detail in describing the Cov. Cath. vs. Lex. Cath game and issues pertaining to x's and o's as excellent. Oh...and best of luck to your Birds this weekend in Bowling Green. Keep the 5A trophy in N.KY. :thumb:

I know alittle about it:lol: I just think it's interesting that when Cov Cath loses, the only thing the blue colonel fans want to talk about is anything but the state of their basketball team.[/QUOTE]

 

In less than 24 hours there are over 83 posts in this thread. Of the 83 posts at least 60 or so (give or take) discuss the game. By comparison the other most active posts from yesterday's games include Clark County - 13 total posts, Pendleton Co vs. Campbell Co. - 28 total posts, Boone Co. vs. Ryle - 21 total posts. I would rate the quality of detail in describing the Cov. Cath. vs. Lex. Cath game and issues pertaining to x's and o's as excellent. Oh...and best of luck to your Birds this weekend in Bowling Green. Keep the 5A trophy in N.KY. :thumb:

 

:thumb:

I know alittle about it:lol: I just think it's interesting that when Cov Cath loses, the only thing the blue colonel fans want to talk about is anything but the state of their basketball team.[/QUOTE]

 

In less than 24 hours there are over 83 posts in this thread. Of the 83 posts at least 60 or so (give or take) discuss the game. By comparison the other most active posts from yesterday's games include Clark County - 13 total posts, Pendleton Co vs. Campbell Co. - 28 total posts, Boone Co. vs. Ryle - 21 total posts. I would rate the quality of detail in describing the Cov. Cath. vs. Lex. Cath game and issues pertaining to x's and o's as excellent. Oh...and best of luck to your Birds this weekend in Bowling Green. Keep the 5A trophy in N.KY. :thumb:

 

I skimmed it and didn't quite come up with the same figure. Pure semantics though. I did get a kick out of the statement that there would have been retribution for that kid at either Holmes or Highlands gym. Thanks for the well wishes. :thumb:

It strikes me as very odd that we are discussing how hard of a foul a player should deliver in retaliation for a low class move (you can call it what you want but everyone is speaking of a retaliatory move). The reality is that it is up to the coaches to coach these young men on sportsmanship as well as on basketball. Not a player on that court last night is going to make a single dime playing basketball for a living, but everyone one of them is going to use the lessons they learned on winning, losing, and playing their role in a team effort. That is what is important.

 

If you think I am beating this one to death, I am. I hate to see high school kids act like NBA thugs. I would be disappointed even if that happened to Highlands home court.

 

As for avoiding discussion of the game, it looks to me like there was a pretty open and thorough discussion of highs and lows of the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.