Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 76 Covington Catholic 57

Featured Replies

Do you really think that playing 10 kids in the 1st quarter allows any of them to get into a rhythm offensively (or defensively, for that matter)?

 

It wasn't like he was changing them every two minutes. Some only got in at the very end of the quarter. Thelen had to come out 3 minutes into the qtr due to 2 fouls. I think Pauly banged his knee and came out.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If someone is writing on the floor, it is vandalism. If they are pretending to write on the floor it is attempting to draw attention to yourself which usually is not very well appreciated.

I just don't see what the big deal is here fella's. High school kids do things to draw attention to themselves. There was a whole student section of kids doing the same thing, drawing attention to themselves. I know one kid is a fan and one is a player. But how is it any different than making a shot and pumping your chest or pointing to the crazies. Remember, they are kids.

It wasn't like he was changing them every two minutes. Some only got in at the very end of the quarter. Thelen had to come out 3 minutes into the qtr due to 2 fouls. I think Pauly banged his knee and came out.

 

A little different than what I had feared, then.

 

I read that Thelen got into some foul trouble.

 

I have no problem with playing 10 - 12 players. In fact, I like it & I think that has been one of the strengths of CCH over the years.

 

My problem is that, in the past, Listerman has made it difficult for some players to get into a rhythm due to his substitution patterns. I wasn't at this game, so maybe that wasn't the case. But it's still a concern.

I just don't see what the big deal is here fella's. High school kids do things to draw attention to themselves. There was a whole student section of kids doing the same thing, drawing attention to themselves. I know one kid is a fan and one is a player. But how is it any different than making a shot and pumping your chest or pointing to the crazies. Remember, they are kids.

 

 

:thumb:

 

I think it is pretty original. If I were the coach, I wouldn't let one of my players do it, but as a fan, I find it entertaining.

 

It's probably better suited for the NBA, but so be it.

 

With that said, if I was in uniform last night, I wouldn't have been happy & would've let him know - probably on the game's 1st rebound.

I think you mean better post play rather than guard play?

 

CCH will have a better chance to get out of the district this year simply because Beechwood and Holy Cross are really weak this year. Beechwood won't contend, Holy Cross may surprise them.

 

CCH may have more depth in the sense they can afford to play more players because no one player is really better than the other. Imo, it would serve this team better if they would press and get after it on defense. That would give Listerman a reason to go 10 or 12 deep everynight. Also, they are not going to be able to shoot as consistent from outside as teams in the past and they just aren't good enough to slow it down and try to get it to Thelen and Wellbtock down low. (scoring won't be consistent enough) I think it would be nice to see them pressure other teams, get in passing lanes, and make steals for easy buckets. Heck for how good Lex Cath's press is CCH had fewer turnovers and more points of steals then they did.

 

That is what Coach has been saying is the plan this year. He wants to take advantage of the athleticism on this years team.

:thumb:

 

I think it is pretty original. If I were the coach, I wouldn't let one of my players do it, but as a fan, I find it entertaining.

 

It's probably better suited for the NBA, but so be it.

 

With that said, if I was in uniform last night, I wouldn't have been happy & would've let him know - probably on the game's 1st rebound.

 

I too was a little disappointed that none of our players let him know how they felt when he did it. I know I would have been more than happy to foul him rather hard to get my point across. He was knocked to the floor a few times, so maybe we did tell him somewhat, but I don't think so.

That is what Coach has been saying is the plan this year. He wants to take advantage of the athleticism on this years team.

 

And he probably will; however, that's tough to do against a top team like Lex Cath.

What was the final score?

 

I don't know the Frosh score. When taking pics its hard to focus on the scoreboard. Sorry. It was a back and forth game lead wise.

:thumb:

 

I think it is pretty original. If I were the coach, I wouldn't let one of my players do it, but as a fan, I find it entertaining.

 

It's probably better suited for the NBA, but so be it.

 

With that said, if I was in uniform last night, I wouldn't have been happy & would've let him know - probably on the game's 1st rebound.

 

ColonelCrazy, Im not sure if we agree on much. But I really agree with you hear. I think you said it best. If I was a player, it might have made me a bit upset but if you can't stop the kid from scoring then there isn't much else to say.

I don't know the Frosh score. When taking pics its hard to focus on the scoreboard. Sorry. It was a back and forth game lead wise.

 

I want to say the freshman score ended up being about a 6 or 8 point difference. CCH got down big early then took the lead briefly in the 3rd. LC took it back and never gave it up. CCH probably had 25 to 30 turnovers.

I too was a little disappointed that none of our players let him know how they felt when he did it. I know I would have been more than happy to foul him rather hard to get my point across. He was knocked to the floor a few times, so maybe we did tell him somewhat, but I don't think so.

 

I never condone kids retaliating on the court. CovCath took the high road and did not foul him hard or take any cheap shots. If you are upset with the actions go out and stop him from scoring with your defense. But retaliation in the form of hard fouls and cheap shots is not what the game is about.

I never condone kids retaliating on the court. CovCath took the high road and did not foul him hard or take any cheap shots. If you are upset with the actions go out and stop him from scoring with your defense. But retaliation in the form of hard fouls and cheap shots is not what the game is about.

 

I agree. There is no place for a cheap shot or a hard foul. But I have no problem with making sure that he's boxed out on every play.

I never condone kids retaliating on the court. CovCath took the high road and did not foul him hard or take any cheap shots. If you are upset with the actions go out and stop him from scoring with your defense. But retaliation in the form of hard fouls and cheap shots is not what the game is about.

 

I'm old school I guess. There are ways to send the message without it being dirty. As long as its not dirty ....

I'm old school I guess. There are ways to send the message without it being dirty. As long as its not dirty ....

 

:thumb:

 

You can send a message without being dirty.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.