Everything posted by kooljerk
-
Mercer County Titans issues
I did not get to go to the Mercer\Madison Central game Saturday night but was shocked to hear the score (25-0) and then to read in the paper and I quote "We are not a team that is going to score a lot of points". I understood that Mercer County strength this year would be their line and their seniors. Throw in the fact that not only are they a senior dominated line with an all senior backfield, some of the kids started on the state championship team. I would be interested to hear from some of the fans that went to the game what they think the issues are, if any. Please be constructive.
-
Madison Central 25 Mercer County 0
Can someone tell when the last time a Mercer County (Harrodsburg) team has been shut out offensively?
-
Madison Central 25 Mercer County 0
Congrats to Tyler Mays. Tyler not only has athletic ability, he has heart. I hope the kids that play against him can see what determination and the drive to win can do.
-
Mercer County/Madison Central Predictions
Mercer County is wanting to get deep into the playoffs and Madison Central had a disappointing scrimmage. Which team is the real deal?
-
2008 Mercer County
What is the outlook for this years Titans?
-
Belfry 62 Breathitt Co. 28
???What are we missing with this statement???????????
-
Danville/Bardstown Update
Final--Bardstown 22, Danville 13
-
Rockcastle/Mercer County Updates
14-6 Mercer County over Rockcastle County--I believe it is a final
-
Rockcastle/Mercer County Updates
update?
-
Rockcastle/Mercer County Updates
update on game?
-
Mercer Co./Hopkinsville Predictions
It's about time Mercer wins a close game. Mercer 15-14
-
Watertown, TN 10 Mercer County 7
Any details or opinions?
-
Mercer County Titans
I've read the posts about the Mercer Co Titans. What are their strengths and weaknesses?
-
Danville-Advocate Messenger All-Area Team
I agree with your comment. I am sure the kids that made it are deserving but after reading the quotes and seeing their stats, it makes me wonder what selection process they use to rule out "as deserving players". Is it a rule that if a kid makes it one year then for some reason he makes it the next year?
-
Danville-Advocate Messenger All-Area Team
Does anyone know the selection process for the All-Area team?
-
Top 20 RB's in 1A
Wilson--Murray (was leading the state in rushing) Jackson and Ford--Harrodsburg Adams--Bellevue Tilman and Robinson--Frankfort Strode and Baughman--Danville Chaffin--Lynn Camp
-
Best game in the state?
There will be two great games involving Class A teams in Central Ky. Frankfort vs Bardstown showcases speed vs speed and Holy Cross vs Danville will be about speed vs power. Its a shame you can't watch them both. Maybe the playoff system should be changed to have games on fri and sat but that is another topic for a new thread.
-
Frankfort vs. Bardstown
I like both of these teams. I think I will sit on the middle of the fence and just enjoy a great game between two good teams.
-
Holy Cross vs. Danville
Holy Cross wins this one because of defense. They lost to Bardstown (and who hasn't) in the fourth quarter 16-7. I can't imagine anyone that has more speed than Bardstown and Holy Cross evidently handled it well. The Ads must pass successfully for them to be in a position to pull this one out.
-
Holy Cross vs. Danville
Holy Cross wins this one because of defense. They lost to Bardstown (and who hasn't) in the fourth quarter 16-7. I can't imagine anyone that has more speed than Bardstown and Holy Cross evidently handled it well. The Ads must pass successfully for them to be in a position to pull this one out.
-
Coach of the Year
I would add Coach Joey Downs of Bardstown as a Coach of the year candidate. He is undefeated and has a defense that has 6 shutouts and only allowed 34 points all year.