Mercer Co./Hopkinsville Predictions

mchammer

Who wins  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Both of these teams have struggled to put points on the board. I would have to give a slight nod to Mercer's D, they're one of the stingiest in the region. It's a long drive down to Hoptown, but I think Mercer will do a better job of protecting the ball this week, Titans 14-7.

I keep wondering when Hoptown is gonna turn it around this season. They have had one BIG win to my knowledge and that was when they beat Chrisitan Co.....I know Mercer has won some close games this year.........I say:

Mercer 21

Hoptown 17

Both of these teams have struggled to put points on the board. I would have to give a slight nod to Mercer's D, they're one of the stingiest in the region. It's a long drive down to Hoptown, but I think Mercer will do a better job of protecting the ball this week, Titans 14-7.

I hope you're right coldweatherfan! We need a win... and you're right, our defense has played tough all season so far. If we get ahead of them early, I think that will help. If we have to play catch up, I think it will become more of a mental game.

Good luck Titans!!

Hoptown won't hold Mercer to 12 points in the first half, let alone an entire game. People I talked to Saturday night said the Tigers laid down in the second half against Highlands. They have serious issues on offense and only have two offensive threats - McGregor and Mouldin. And neither of them get enough touches to be effective. It appears help may be on the way after reading that Hoptown's middle school team won their conference. It won;t help them this week.

Mercer 34

Hopkinsville 14

Hoptown won't hold Mercer to 12 points in the first half, let alone an entire game. People I talked to Saturday night said the Tigers laid down in the second half against Highlands. They have serious issues on offense and only have two offensive threats - McGregor and Mouldin. And neither of them get enough touches to be effective. It appears help may be on the way after reading that Hoptown's middle school team won their conference. It won;t help them this week.

Mercer 34

Hopkinsville 14

Mercer's been held to 12 or less on a few occasions this year, so, they've got some offensive issues as well and Mercer wouldn't fare much better against Highlands....Hoptown 24 Mercer Co 14

Mercer's been held to 12 or less on a few occasions this year, so, they've got some offensive issues as well and Mercer wouldn't fare much better against Highlands....Hoptown 24 Mercer Co 14

"Ditto" on that! Mercer isn't racking up the points this year at all! Offense can't get it going and if the Titans score 20 or better they'll be flyin' high Friday night!;) The Titans have the athletes and much talent, but there doesn't seem to be any chemistry on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe they'll get things rolling this Friday night.

Are you kidding me. I thought Mercer was all that and then some. After watching Hoptown last week against HHS, I would say Mercer. But then again maybe HHS is just that good. I guess we'll find out.

Highlands is THAT GOOD:eek:. They are the real deal and a bag of Doritos. Hopkinsville might be considered "down" by some within the program and community, compared to some of their past teams, but don't be fooled. They have athletes everywhere and plenty of SPEED. This game will be another great test for both teams. Mercer had a great week of practice. The kids and coaches were all uptempo this week, like they have the whole year, despite what some might think.

Best of luck to both on an injury free game! Go Titans!!:thumb: