Everything posted by FamilyTradition
-
CovCath/New Cath Predictions
Was it the officiating?
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
Not to give you anymore bad memories but NewCath had far more superior athletes than we did in 79' and 80'. We just seem to grasp what our coaches were preparing us for moreso than what Bob was preparing you guy's.
-
Highlands/Colerain, OH Predictions
Who does the weather effect more? Look's like rain in the forecast.
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
Great memory! I can't even tell you what I had for breakfast much less how much time, down, and timeouts left 29 yrs. ago. Now I remember, I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Got-a-go!
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
I was thinking the same back in 79'. I played in this game and I really feel that one play changed our season.
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
This was a well played game by both team's. I think the depth of the Bird's just took to much out of the Bred's. This will benefit the Bred's playing the larger schools during their freshmen year. I just can't see a 1a or a 2a freshmen squad competing with this group.
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
Yes it did cost them a chance for the playoff's. I think that Bob became more sportsmenlike after that game. You should have seen the look on the NC sideline after that play. At the time we had a losing record.That play was the turning point in our season. I think we ran off 8 or 9 victories in a row until we got beat by Belfry.
-
Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)
Highlands put their goal-line offense in with a little over a minute left. I don't think that they had planned on breaking an 80 yarder off! If that bothers Bob then so be it. As for what Bob would do late in a game that he has under wraps? In 1979 Nc was up 6pts with about a minute to go and he decided that he would try to score one more time. Ran the option and Kenny Pabst caught the pitch and ran it 80 yards for a td. End of game Highlands win!
-
Covington Catholic/Cardinal Mooney, OH Predictions
So who are some of star's from this Covington team? Is this their new name? We have the "team from Ft Thomas" and now we have the "team from Covington"
-
Beechwood/Dixie Predictions
That's funny how you feel that a 1a school wear's a 5a team down.
-
Freshmen; Highlands vs NewCath
This may be a little early for this thread but I'd like to see what everyone think's about this rivalry starting back up. Does Charlie have to worry about the score to keep this series going?????? Do you think that Dale will be on the sidelines during this game? How strong are the Bred's this year compared to the last few freshmen team's?
-
Highlands/Beechwood Scrimmage
I'll be there with the whole family.
-
New Boone County Head Coach
I wonder if Beechwoods coach loses sleep at night trying to figure a way for that 1a school to compete with the almighty 6a teams?
-
Best QB in NKY?
I didn't know that Jake had any varsity experience??? I know that he played jv last year but didn't think he played any qb at the varsity level.
-
Are numbers down everywhere
I went to practice last night and counted 62 players (not including freshmen) at Highlands. It seems to be a little down number wise compared to years past. I think that its just a trend for this year with only having 14 seniors this year. Jr and sophomore class have good numbers.
-
What schools refuse to play other schools?
Now that's funny!
-
What schools refuse to play other schools?
Is this Bob's last year????
-
'79 Semifinals: Belfry 14 Highlands 8
You might as well put the cannon were it belong's while you can!
-
'79 Semifinals: Belfry 14 Highlands 8
Hey, aren't you suppose to be hanging a scoreboard????
-
'79 Semifinals: Belfry 14 Highlands 8
Here it goes to the best of my recollection. Wilbur was the coach and Belfry had these jersey's that were so dryrotted that you couldn't even breath on them without part of it falling off. We knew we didn't have a chance once we saw what kind of uniform's they had.HA... To be honest I really don't remember that much hype about who was going out to the field first. We had a couple of fumbles close to the goal line and if I remember correct Belfry had a couple of pretty hardnose runningback's. This game was a big win for there program. We only had 6 senior's that year and this allowed Wilbur to get plenty of playing time for 81 and 82 state championship kids to play. This would have been considered a rebuilding year anywhere but Highlands.
-
BluegrassPreps football previews.
I'll thank the Scribe when he put's the 5a preview up. Not a second sooner. JK.. Thank's to all involved that put this together.
-
'79 Semifinals: Belfry 14 Highlands 8
I played in this game back in 79'. It was a very hard fought game by both team's and we had a few miscue's that didn't help. I think that the tear-away's that Belfry used were from the 20's era. Kid's that weren't even in the game had there jersey's falling apart. LOL
-
Best QB in NKY?
And can run like a deer! Will is very atheletic and will make that adjustment to playing defense if that's what the team need's him to do.
-
Trinity Football 2008
Maybe the cost of gas.
-
Trinity Football 2008
Does anyone know if Trinity is coming to Highlands on Thursday for a 7 0n 7 ?