Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

napster

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by napster

  1. A minute is a looooong time in basketball. Sometimes it's hard to get young kids to take care of the ball late in the game.
  2. I had no idea McCarty had so many points until I heard it on the radio after the game! That's a testiment to the fact that he wasn't forcing anything or being a ball hog. He simply let the game come to him. When Sheldon Clark concentrated their defense on him, he worked all the harder without the ball to get in a position to help his team! He's a great player! I also like Central's new point guard who transferred from Sheldon Clark! He's a great asset to an already good team!
  3. Ouch! I'm hopeful that Magoffin County is FINALLY doing the necessary work to build a successful football program. They have a new Superintendent and a new Principal. It's a new era for Magoffin County. I don't know the Superintendent very well, but I do know the new Principal. I believe he intends to make EVERY Hornet program successful: Boys and Girls sports, Academics, Dance Team, Cheerleading, etc. I saw him at a baseball game last season taking pictures of the players! I've NEVER seen that before in Magoffin County! But back to football. It takes a long time and a tremendous amount of work to build a solid football program. It looks like the new administration at Magoffin County is taking the job seriously. The very first step is to hire a good football coach. I think they've done that with Coach McCoy. On top of his football history, he seems like a genuinely good guy. I've heard nothing but good things about him from people all over Eastern Kentucky. Everything I've seen from him supports that reputation. And he seems to understand that an entire program needs to be built at Magoffin County. I hope the new administration follows through with the rest of the necessary work (weight room facilities, grade school program, development of community support, etc.). I believe they will. Go Hornets!!
  4. :ylsuper: :ylsuper: Butterfingers and CSHS81 are correct. This is a safety issue. It doesn't matter whether or not a tag was applied. Cool video, though!
  5. What a draw for Paintsville in this tournament! They should be able to cruise to the finals and have Grimm available for the championship game vs Sheldon Clark or Allen Central. Either of those teams will be pitching their 3rd or 4th pitcher by that time.
  6. I saw East Ridge early in the season and they looked horrible. I'm surprised by this win. But, then again, I haven't seen Pike Central at all this year. I really like East Ridge's coach, though. A true gemtleman! Good luck vs. Paintsville, E.R. The Tigers will likely try to save Grimm for the finals. Hit the ball well and you've got a shot!
  7. Great game, Allen Central!! Stay on your toes. Sheldon Clark is playing great baseball right now. They've played - and defeated - some of the best teams in the region to get to the regional semifinals. Good luck to both teams!
  8. :dancingpa How 'bout dem Cards! 57th District: Defeated Lawrence County 57th District: Defeated Johnson County 57th District: Lost by 1 to Paintsville * 15th Region: Defeated Pikeville * with 3rd and 4th Pitchers vs. Paintsville's ace (Grimm) Stay Hungry, Cards. Allen Central is a very good baseball team!
  9. Who pitched for Sheldon Clark?
  10. Great game! 0-0 after 7 complete innings. Great pitching from both teams. Great defensive plays may have been the difference for SV. It's a shame ER has to go home.
  11. Cody is a great basketball player! He and Blake McCowen from Morgan County will be great additions to the Pioneer squad. As I said in Blake's thread, I don't think D-III schools are allowed to give athletic scholarships. But they, like any other school at any other division, can give academic scholarships. Transy is a great school. Those guys have made an excellent choice that should serve them well the rest of their lives! Good luck Cody.
  12. I could be wrong, but I think D-III schools can't give athletic scholarships at all. So any financial aid will be in the form of academic scholarships, etc. Anyway, Blake is one of my favorite people in the world. He's a truly great guy and a great athlete. God bless you, Blake.
  13. I almost fell out of my chair when I read this one! Hillarious!!!
  14. I think Central was only up by 1 point. A two point basket would have put Shelby Valley in the lead. GREAT TOURNAMENT ! ! !
  15. Magoffin barely escaped with a victory over Belfry at home earlier in the season. I was very impressed with Belfry in that game! I had forgotten that Michaela Howard didn't play in that game. Magoffin has so many good players that you don't seem to miss it when one has an off night or doesn't play at all. But not having Michaela definitely put Magoffn at a disadvantage in that game. Having her in this game could make a huge difference! Magoffin's relentless pressure and pace vs. Belfry's great ball handling and passing. This is a made-for-TV match up. Definitely the game of the tournament! Magoffin by 6.
  16. I remember reading comments like this after the game earlier in the season. In the end I think it was revealed that McCarty played over half the game. True, he didn't play the whole game. But he played way more than a couple of minutes, too. And nearly all observers said he didn't appear to be hampered at all by injury when he played. I wasn't there, though. So I could be wrong. I'm just working off memory from a weeks-old thread.
  17. I thought Belfry looked VERY impressive in their victory over P'Burg!
  18. Great season Magoffin! This team will be remembered as the team that brought Magoffin County back into the Region. They've been pretty bad for several years. But this year's team was a threat to beat every team they played this year. The turn around is not yet complete. But this year's team is the team that brought the Hornets back. And everyone knows it - especially the Magoffin County fans! What used to be a nearly empty gym was usually nearly full this year. You guys brought the fans back! For the first time in years, the concessions had to be moved back to the cafeteria to make room for seating in the upper arena on the visitor's side. I'm very proud of this Hornet team. You represented Magoffin County well. You will be remembered in and around Magoffin County for many years! God bless you all. And good luck in the future. Congratulations Paintsville.
  19. A run TO GET TO STATE? Or a run IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT?
  20. I actually appreciate this post. It's honest. It's critical. Yet it expresses appreciation. I actully LIKE most officials.
  21. 3rd time's a charm! Magoffin had Paintsville beat twice during the regular season only to let the game slip away. Gotta give credit where it's due, though. Paintsville earned both of those victories by keeping their heads and playing hard the intire game, then taking advantage when Magoffin County stumbled. But lately the Hornets have shown the ability to finish a victory. That was missing throughout most of the season. Last night, Lawrence County made several runs of the sort that would have earned them a victory over the Hornets in the regular season. But Magoffin answered every single run. And they took care of the ball durinig crunch time. Magoffin by 8!
  22. Nets: I don't know if I've ever seen better sportsmanship in a post. After a heartbreaking loss that ended the season early for a team that was expected to go to the Sweet 16, a post like this shows unbelievable character. I don't know you from Adam, but that post has earned my respect. Myself, I'm simply heartbroken. I truly love Morgan County and the Cougars. They have a great community and have built a great basketball program (working on football, too!) Matthew Perry is one of the best high school basketball coaches in the entire state. Blake McCowen and company are class acts through and through. I heard a player from another team comment about the class the Cougars show both on and off the floor. I'm devestated for you right now, guys. But I know you all well enough to know you will all be successful in whatever you do. You've already shown the character, dedication, and work ethic required for success. God bless you all. Finally, congratulations to West Carter. I love an underdog story. Go for it, guys!
  23. Excellent game by all the Hornets! They grabbed the lead early and had an answer for every single run the Bull Dogs put together. Magoffin County's guards handled the ball very well tonight under pressure. I think there were only two unforced turnovers the whole night. Great job guys! Congratulations on a great game to the Lawrence County Bulldogs. Thompson is definitely a stud! A truly great player. Good luch Shawn in all you do. Also, Johnson Central is a great atmosphere for a Distict Tournament.
  24. Agreed. P'burg had wide open shots. And they hit most of them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.