57th District SemiFinal: (1) Paintsville v/s (4) Magoffin County

What's your thoughts on this one? Paintsville is really hot right now, and Magoffin has shown some big improvement the last few weeks. Will they be fatigued from last night's game or will they carry their momentum from a hard fought win?

My prediction? The Tigers come out and scorch the nets at Eagle Fieldhouse again, taking a big lead early. The Hornets will regroup, but not be able to get back in the game...

Final Score:

Magoffin County - 52

Paintsville - 67

So why wouldn't you play the #2 and #3 game on Tuesday and the #1 and #4 game on Wednesday like everybody else in the state does?

Because one of the rewards of being the number 1 seed is getting more rest before playing your next game. The number 1 seed also ensures the so called easiest path to the regional tournament. That being said they get to play a team that played just the night before. Not sure if it is the best way to do it, but that is the reasoing behind it.

3rd time's a charm!

Magoffin had Paintsville beat twice during the regular season only to let the game slip away. Gotta give credit where it's due, though. Paintsville earned both of those victories by keeping their heads and playing hard the intire game, then taking advantage when Magoffin County stumbled.

But lately the Hornets have shown the ability to finish a victory. That was missing throughout most of the season. Last night, Lawrence County made several runs of the sort that would have earned them a victory over the Hornets in the regular season. But Magoffin answered every single run. And they took care of the ball durinig crunch time.

Magoffin by 8!

I expect both teams to play well! All of the other Paintsville and Magoffin games this year and in years past have been hard fought. However, Paintsville plays very good at JC for some unknown reason and should be able to hold off the Hornets with the way they are playing right now.

Paintsville by 8.

So why wouldn't you play the #2 and #3 game on Tuesday and the #1 and #4 game on Wednesday like everybody else in the state does?

Because the 1 seed should have the advantage if they win tonight. They earned the right of the one seed; they will have a few extra days to practice, prepare, and rest.

Can't answer why they would play back to back. What seeds play on Wednesday?

But why would you move Lawrence into the 15th Region and in the 57th District?

The 57th wasn't tough enough anyway.

The Board of Controls took care of the 59th and 60th districts. It is a funny thing to me that they wanted to get rid of the three team districts, and all they have configured is a three team district. In the 59th and 60th, the 1 seed has an automatic bye into the first round. I know they actually have to play a game, but it is automatic.

I think Magoffin is playing well at the right time, but I don't think they are playing as well as the Tigers who have also hit their stride. Paintsville is the best team in the region when they play like they have been as of late. I'm not sure if anyone can beat the Tigers except for Paintsville themselves. Should be a good game with alot of emotion but in the end I see another Tiger victory and them playing Sheldon Clark for the 57th crown.

Paintsville: 77

Magoffin Co: 58