Everything posted by Lucky Charms
-
Newport Central Catholic 62 Brossart 0
In all honesty, I think NCC did what we all thought they would do. They crushed a Brossart team who is their geographical rival and not competitive rival in football. Brossart will get there one day, unfortunately they are going to have to battle through lumps like this one to get there. Is this devastating to the Brossart football program? No. Its a team with seasoned football players verse a team with guys who are trying to figure out this game. Time is all they need. Congrats to NewCath! I hope everyone kept a good head on their shoulders tonight and also I hope that each team came out of this injury free.
-
Newport Central Catholic 62 Brossart 0
Final.
-
Trinity/Indianapolis Cathedral, IN Updates
Yes.
-
Trinity/Indianapolis Cathedral, IN Updates
Moe has a REALLY, REALLY good offense. Their QB is a dual threat and is a solid passer.
-
NewCath/Bishop Brossart Updates
Please at least tell me NewCath put the JV's in for the second half...
-
Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
You forgot that the 9th region is far superior to the 10th region. Brossart should fight to become part of the 9th region because the 10th region is so weak in baseball and basketball... PLEASE....- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
I guess what I'm going to say here as a Brossart fan (not even really a football fan) is that WOW, I think and obviously some you you NewCath people show that you feel seriously threatened by Brossart. And Brossart fans (myself included) feel the need to prove ourselves with what has gone on in this thread. Brossart is legitimate and has been for quite some time, if you haven't seen that then your blind or can't read the basketball and baseball scores in the morning newspaper. This isn't about state title / regional titles / wins / loses. This is just football, in which Brossart is in its infancy. Just by reading this thread it is amazing to me. It would seem there are more Brossart "haters" then I would have thought.- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
OK, if this is true, it like NewCath being in the GCL (Moeller, St. X, Elder and LaSalle) and them trying to trash talk about how they are going to be legit this year. Obviously Brossart player feel the need to spout off. NewCath is a team of stature in NKY. Basicly what I'm saying here is trash talk is illegitimate. I mean who cares! It happens.- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
Wrong...- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
I can agree with this 100%. For Brossart, it was going to take years for them, whether they started it in 1955 or 1990 or 2010. As a person who has played jr jigh football for NewCath and then went to Brossart, I'm proud of these Brossart football players. They are the pioneers. I wish them success, but it is going to be a tough road. Its going to take them a long time to compete with the NewCath's / Beechwood's of NKY. I guess what kind of upsets me is that some (not all) of the NewCath fans on here are so upset/how dare they/show them whose boss about Brossart starting a football team. IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN EVENTUALLY...- Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
WHAT!?!?!?!? If Brossart wasn in the 9th region in 2005 & 2007 they would have won that region (Chris Lofton & Darius Miller & a Pendleton Co team that was a top 5 state team). They swept the 9th region both of those years in basketball. Before you go endulging yourself in something you have no business talking about, you should at least try to attempt to know what your talking about!!!- Bishop Brossart 41 Pendleton County 34
Does it really matter either way?- Bishop Brossart 41 Pendleton County 34
Yikes. Well, at least they will not back down from playing the best. I hope the Wildcats can gain something out of those games.- The Trinity/St. Xavier (OH) penalty situation
I thought the play where the X player got up and kept running should have been flagged. From my vantage point, the runner did stop before he got hit. Then the T player came in and hit him. I don't think it was a dirty hit, just think it was early in the game and the T player was amped. I could clearly hear the whistle sound off from where I was sitting, FWIW.- Trinity at St. Xavier (OH) Predictions
I'll be there. Got my ticket from my boss (big time St. X fan / alum). So, I'll have to portray neutrality, but I will be pulling for Trinity in silence. I'll be sitting in St. X's season ticket holder area.- Dayton 32 Bishop Brossart 14
Its cool, you have to take the good with the bad. You can't learn if you don't lose. Brossart is going to be overmatched in a lot of games against 2A schools here in NKY. Its expected and you act like it is something of a surprise. Do you want these young men to quit? I'm betting that option isn't even in these young men minds. As a matter of fact, I look up to these guys, even though I am a 30 year old man. These guys have the courage to go out against NKY's best, not afraid that they might lose and try the hardest that they can. Keep trying boys! You keep showing up!! I'm proud of you! Go 'Stangs!!!- Trinity 56 Elder (OH) 7
That is elite!!! I hope to catch the Moeller game.- Trinity 56 Elder (OH) 7
Where can I find Trinity's schedule??? I've tried on the web for quite a bit.- How Much Does It Cost to Maintain a Grass Field?
I love a grass field. When I was a freshmen (at Brossart) I was at the Mud Bowl (Highlands vs CovCath 1996). It was glorious to see them guys covered from head to toe, just brown. Sometimes you couldn't tell who was playing for who. It was "high school" the way it should be. This turf stuff drive me crazy, money saver or not. I just love and miss the mud!- Holmes 2011/2012
Just going to throw this out there... Talked to Coach Listerman the other day. He said wants to get into the classroom. He also said he was nervous, but no more nervous then he ever was at coaching at a new job. He told me he wasn't able to make as many open gyms as he would have liked but he also ensured me that the few he made it to that there was plenty of talent there to succeed. I'm pulling for Coach L (and while i know he didn't coach me, I still learned a lot from him). Good luck into your new endevors!- Covington Catholic 42 Campbell County 2
2 steps back for CCHS...- What New Music Are You Listening To?
- Holmes High School Assistant Basketball Coach
Truely i thought it was Boone, but obviously it wasn't. Enlighten me. I'm probably a LOT closer to this particular situation than you think I am. Let me just put it this way, this isn't "hearsay'. Its credible.- Holmes High School Assistant Basketball Coach
I can tell you this much. When Covcath lost to Boone in the regionals this year and CovCath's season was over Coach L DID NOT think it was his last game as a CovCath head coach. You read between the lines there. And I can verify that! - Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions